• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitanator

In a meaningless preseason game I'm sick of this shit. Romo deserves better, love the guy but fuck if he cannot function properly as a QB and absorb hits anymore. It hurts me to see him just fade away, it is not fair, this off season has been great to him and now this shit strikes, feeding all the narratives of bullshit.

rando14

Given Romo's history of multiple fractures and his many years of steroid use (not anabolics, but rather glucocorticoids which he has undoubtedly taken a TON of given how often he is hurt), I'd be curious to see if the steroids have have significant effects on his bones.

Bitanator

I'm curious to know where the break is, in 2014 he was kneed in the back and features a couple transverse processes, which is only like a three week deal to heal. This break is projected to be six to ten so obviously a much bigger break and not related...

That hit was big, not really hard, but the way he fell and twisted, you can tell it was worse than they let up, I knew I was going to hear bad news today about him, but not like this

seems like a compression fracture https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/769615457523343362?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

KingBroly

Banned
If he has a broken bone in his back, he's probably done for the year. He should probably retire at this point. He keeps getting hurt

Redd

In a meaningless preseason game I'm sick of this shit. Romo deserves better, love the guy but fuck if he cannot function properly as a QB and absorb hits anymore. It hurts me to see him just fade away, it is not fair, this off season has been great to him and now this shit strikes, feeding all the narratives of bullshit.

Eh, Let Romo heal up and give Prescott the reins. If Cowboys are in the playoffs hunt in 2 months sit Tony for the rest of the year and dump him off in the offseason for a 5th rounder. If Prescott stinks it up fast track Romo for the second half of the season.

If I was Matt Stafford I wouldn't sign an extension with the Lions. Sign with Cowboys, play behind that line with Zeek, put up Madden numbers w Dez. Never win anything that matters but you get to play in Dallas and be the man.

Hindl

Romo really needs to retire at this point. Yeah he might be able to still play but in a few years he'll barely be able to walk. He has sons, does he want to watch them grow up in a wheelchair? I feel the same with Jason Peters, these guys have the money to retire, it's just not worth it to keep playing. He's old by football standards but he still has a lot of life left.

Is it real money or "You have to play for us to get that money and we can cut you with no financial obligation money"?

That's the actual money

Yeah, after looking at what's available free agent wise, well, it'll be interesting to see what they do with trades.

Local gossip was about trading for Hoyer before the preseason

Give em a Ron Leary and a 4th for that garbage man

His contract goes through 2019

There is no way he is still physically playing by that last year. His body will not be able to handle 3 more years of significant breaks and tears

_woLf

After Romos injury and what happened to Lockette last year I vote that the hawks and cowboys aren't allowed to play each other anymore

Farooq

Banned
Given Romo's history of multiple fractures and his many years of steroid use (not anabolics, but rather glucocorticoids which he has undoubtedly taken a TON of given how often he is hurt), I'd be curious to see if the steroids have have significant effects on his bones.

What affect does NSAIDs have on bone metabolism? He frequently took Toradol.

rando14

NSAID's, from what I understand, have very little effect on bone metabolism alone. With Toradol you'd be more concerned about GI and renal impairment.

Toradol combined with steroids would have a risk of enhancing adverse reactions of both.

RBH

Evidence is conflicting from what I've read. There appears to be more of a link between the COX-2 subtype of NSAIDs (i.e. Celecoxib) and a deleterious effect on bone metabolism in terms of fracture healing, but the extent of that effect is still relatively unknown right now.

Hoping Dak takes charge and doesn't let go. I love Tony Romo. He was the man and I'll remember him as the best Cowboys QB I ever watched(my first memory of Aikman was Lavar Arrington giving him a concussion). Romo's back is calling him to retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom