• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping Dak takes charge and doesn't let go. I love Tony Romo. He was the man and I'll remember him as the best Cowboys QB I ever watched(my first memory of Aikman was Lavar Arrington giving him a concussion). Romo's back is calling him to retirement.
At this point I am too. He's younger and less fragile atm. Romo is glass and we go through these injuries every year with him. Even if Romo replaces Dak when he's healthy, it won't be for long since we know Romo will break another bone within the next few series.

RBH

This is the darkest timeline.

image.php

:(

Farooq

Banned
NSAID's, from what I understand, have very little effect on bone metabolism alone. With Toradol you'd be more concerned about GI and renal impairment.

Toradol combined with steroids would have a risk of enhancing adverse reactions of both.

Evidence is conflicting from what I've read. There appears to be more of a link between the COX-2 subtype of NSAIDs (i.e. Celecoxib) and a deleterious effect on bone metabolism in terms of fracture healing, but the extent of that effect is still relatively unknown right now.

Thanks for answering. It is pretty awesome to have you guys in this community.

bionic77

Cowboys staff are dummies for playing Romo on the road and against the Seahawks of all teams, their defense is killer

Jimmy for Dez , do it Jerry
If he can't take a hit he can't play anymore.

I guess technically he could if he got the protection from the refs and league that Brady gets, but he won't so he is done.

I guess technically he could if he got the protection from the refs and league that Brady gets, but he won't so he is done.

He plays behind the best offensive line in football and can't stay healthy, he's gotta be done

kmag

He plays behind the best offensive line in football and can't stay healthy, he's gotta be done

The Dallas Offensive line is a tad overrated on the pass protection front, even with the standard that's a great line so those holds aren't holds protection they get from refs. But it's Romo's admirable habit of trying to extend plays which gets him in trouble, over a career those hits add up.

Bitanator

That's the Big Ben treatment.

Who did Romo rape or what did he do to piss off the refs.

He tossed a ball at a refs head during a Vikings game once

The Dallas Offensive line is a tad overrated on the pass protection front, even with the standard that's a great line so those holds aren't holds protection they get from refs. But it's Romo's admirable habit of trying to extend plays which gets him in trouble, over a career those hits add up.

They are above average pass protection, last year you had two statues back there, one who was dumb enough to get an interception on an intentional grounding penalty, and the other who would not dare throw for longer than a ten yard pass. Sacks tend to pile up with out any escapability or wherewithal on the part of the QB

Romo is the best Dallas QB of all time it's a shame he won't get the respect he deserves. Oddly enough from his own fanbase. Certain parts of the Cowboy fanbase have seemingly been wanting to run him out of town for the last 5 years, which is just strange.

Jarate

Banned
Romo is the best Dallas QB of all time it's a shame he won't get the respect he deserves. Oddly enough from his own fanbase. Certain parts of the Cowboy fanbase have seemingly been wanting to run him out of town for the last 5 years, which is just strange.

Staubach and Aikman were better.

He hasn't had a full healthy month where games have been played since 2014

Sam Bradford is less done than Tony Romo

Jarate

Banned
He was playing with a HoF RB, a HoF Receiver and the Monstars as his offensive line. Aikman was a rich man's Trent Dilfer.

Let's ignore the fact that the Cowboys had some of the best offensive lines under Romo in their heydeys with him

I'll take a game manager who can win games over Romo. To put Aikman in the same breath as Trent Dilfer is asinine.

squicken

Very sad to hear about Romo. I have long thought he was the least appreciated great QB to play the game. Now he's going to end his career like this. At least I hope he does.

kmag

He tossed a ball at a refs head during a Vikings game once

They are above average pass protection, last year you had two statues back there, one who was dumb enough to get an interception on an intentional grounding penalty, and the other who would not dare throw for longer than a ten yard pass. Sacks tend to pile up with out any escapability or wherewithal on the part of the QB

They are above average pass protectors I'm not trying to say they're awful, I just don't think they're the best oline for pass protection. Run game they're almost certainly the best.

squicken

Staubach and Aikman were better.

Agree with this for sure. Which is no slight, since both of those guys are deservedly HoF QBs. People call talk all they want about Romo's weapons, but he also had Jerry Jones as the GM building the Dallas defense

Bitanator

They are above average pass protectors I'm not trying to say they're awful, I just don't think they're the best oline for pass protection. Run game they're almost certainly the best.

Definitely, you will find no argument there. The run game is Cowboys most impressive trait, though with Romo out again, I'm fearful of third down, I really did not want to see Dak at all this year, this may end up doing him harm if he is not effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom