• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

I ain't sharing no room with you fucks
You will share a hooker but not a room.

Fucking Florida...

I was watching the first two Back to the Futures during my FF draft and damn these first two hold up. Much better than I remember them (and I thought the first one was the next best thing to Star Wars).

I'm the guy who scoffs at Bradford trade rumors. But had a guy from an AFC team tell me Vikes r really trying to get a QB from somewhere...

https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/771896534317142016
No.. Slo and Banned don't deserve this..

And I'm guessing this team might actually be Cleveland..

You will share a hooker but not a room.

Fucking Florida...

I was watching the first two Back to the Futures during my FF draft and damn these first two hold up. Much better than I remember them (and I thought the first one was the next best thing to Star Wars).
Is it wrong that the second one is my favorite?

Fox318

Just watched Unstoppable. The train movie.

Man the fucker in charge of cinematography needs to learn how to fucking steady a shot.

Speaking of the Eagles, I'd like to thank them for Cedric Thornton. Guy is going to be a beast in our defense.

You're welcome for DeMarco!

MechDX

Bradford to Viks makes little sense when the Eagles don't have a suitable back-up.

Found it odd he says AFC guy. Doesn't say it's Bradford just trying hard for some QB.

Slight odds it could be Savage. He is still cheap and signed through 2017. Shown growth the past two years. Good , young insurance to see if Teddy can make it back

gutshot

Bradford to Viks makes little sense when the Eagles don't have a suitable back-up.

Yeah, Daniel sucks and Wentz just isn't ready.

Besides the rumor isn't even about the Eagles specifically, just that the Vikes are trying to acquire a QB. Bradford is likely far down their list.

Bitanator

Speaking of the Eagles, I'd like to thank them for Cedric Thornton. Guy is going to be a beast in our defense.

I think we will have a nice DT rotation going on this year, as long as T McClain does not stub his toe again

and people are sleeping on the Eagles, I suspect another sneaky good year for them, the Defense looks dominating again, their Special Teams is always busting ass, they will win many games because of both of them

Hindl

I liked Thornton but he was the odd man out with us moving to a 4-3. He's a phenomenal run stuffer, but didn't work with what we were doing, and I'm glad we kept Curry and Logan. Sucks that he went to the Cowboys though. Interesting to see if they keep him in on obvious passing downs since that's where he struggled with the Eagles.

I think we will have a nice DT rotation going on this year, as long as T McClain does not stub his toe again

and people are sleeping on the Eagles, I suspect another sneaky good year for them, the Defense looks dominating again, their Special Teams is always busting ass, they will win many games because of both of them

Glad to see someone else say this. Yeah our Offense is gonna blow, but I feel like given that we chose at 2 combined with how last year ended people think the Eagles are a dumpster fire. Even with Chip's predictable offense and our defense getting slaughtered they still went 7-9. The defense looks to be much improved, especially with the switch to the 4-3, and our ST is the same as it was. Not gonna beat playoff teams but barring a catastrophic meltdown they shouldn't be giving the browns a top 5 pick either.

Narag

So are ligtament/tendon tears just something that happen or could they see possible damage that might lead to one if they had precautionary MRIs? Are MRIs too cost prohibitive to do that if so or would it be a case of tying up medical resources for athletes?

RBH

So are ligtament/tendon tears just something that happen or could they see possible damage that might lead to one if they had precautionary MRIs? Are MRIs too cost prohibitive to do that if so or would it be a case of tying up medical resources for athletes?

A lot of the risk factors are related to anatomy or the environment (weather, playing surface, type of footwear), so there's not much that can be done in terms of preventive measures. There is no standardized intervention program for the prevention of non-contact ACL injuries as far as I know. Some studies have been done on certain exercise programs in terms of their effect on decreasing the risk of injury, but nothing conclusive as far as I know thus far. It's not practical to be doing MRIs on a regular basis, nor do I think they would change much in terms of pre-injury risk or overall management.

Line_HTX

A lot of the risk factors are related to anatomy or the environment (weather, playing surface, type of footwear), so there's not much that can be done in terms of preventive measures. There is no standardized intervention program for the prevention of non-contact ACL injuries as far as I know. Some studies have been done on certain exercise programs in terms of their effect on decreasing the risk of injury, but nothing conclusive as far as I know thus far. It's not practical to be doing MRIs on a regular basis, nor do I think they would change much in terms of pre-injury risk or overall management.

Do we know what caused that much damage in Teddy's non contact ACL?

RBH

Do we know what caused that much damage in Teddy's non contact ACL?

Tough to pinpoint one particular factor. Could've just been his inherent anatomy not being able to withstand an excessive turning/change in position at the time of injury due to previously accumulated stress on that knee.

MechDX

Tough to pinpoint one particular factor. Could've just been his inherent anatomy not being able to withstand an excessive turning/change in position at the time of injury due to previously accumulated stress on that knee.

So the scouts that said he had "bony legs/knees" may have been right?

I feel like being able to measure and quantify the bolded will be the breakthrough, whenever it happens.

It may not be practical to do "routine" MRIs (or some future, better measurement?), but it seems less practical to have your franchise QB's knee explode on the practice field if you can quantify when he needs to rest.

It's interesting that we still don't have proven ways to reduce the risk -- as an engineer it kinda still feels like we're still in the medical dark ages.

MechDX

Tom Brady played preseason games without NFL logo on helmet

One thing learned tonight, acting on a tip from a reader, was this: Players can (and at least one did) remove the NFL shield from their helmets.

In each of the final two preseason games of 2016, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady played in a helmet that did not have the NFL shield in the left rear portion of the helmet. He didn’t play at all in the first two preseason games.

img_3338.jpg

Brady poking the bear. Watch Rodger add two games to the suspension

Hindl

Tom Brady played preseason games without NFL logo on helmet

img_3338.jpg

Brady poking the bear. Watch Rodger add two games to the suspension

You're joking but:

All helmets must carry a small NFL shield logo on the rear lower-left exterior, and an approved warning label on the rear lower-right exterior. Both labels will be supplied in quantity by the League office.

And the penalty:

For violation of this Section 4 discovered during pregame warm-ups or at other times prior to the game, player will be advised to make appropriate correction; if the violation is not corrected, player will not be permitted to enter the game.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...tion-4-equipment,-uniforms,-player-appearance

And you know Goddell wouldn't hesitate to drop the hammer

Expect T*m to be petty like that all year

During breast cancer awareness month he'll have a slightly different shade of pink on. His cleats throughout the year will be 1/8th of an inch smaller than allowed. His gloves will be a different brand than recommended. Etc.

Sad

Narag

Thanks!

Both of my roommates brought home girls yesterday.

Now I'm here being forced to awkwardly talk to one of them. I MISS BAE 😭😭😭😭😭

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Both of my roommates brought home girls yesterday.

Now I'm here being forced to awkwardly talk to one of them. I MISS BAE ����������

Send her my way

Everyone wake up!

Wait.. i have the place all to myself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom