• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

My concerns for Sunday.
If we win:
NH9gE7v.gif

If we lose we drink:
NH9gE7v.gif

We'll call that a win win. Football!

If we win: 🦄
If we lose: 🦄

squicken

My big concern with Sunday is that I'm pretty confident the Eagles will win. No disrespect to the Browns, they have a solid young offense that, if RG3 can get time in the pocket and stay healthy, should be able to put up points. But that defense looks rough as hell outside of a few of the rookies, which should be a good first game for Wentz as he adjusts. And our DL should be giving RG3 fits all game, so I think that should neutralize their O and give the Eagles a win. Given that and the fact that the Eagles love to break my heart and lose games they shouldn't, I have this sneaking feeling that they'll lose.

Edit: Lane Johnson playing Week 1 will at least help keep Wentz upright

The Browns are bad. I'm not piling on or making jokes. SF and Cleveland have far and away the worst rosters in the league. Unless Wentz is a total flop, I think Philly should be able to play conservatively and let their defense win the game

Bitanator

The Browns are bad. I'm not piling on or making jokes. SF and Cleveland have far and away the worst rosters in the league. Unless Wentz is a total flop, I think Philly should be able to play conservatively and let their defense win the game

Eagles defense will dominate week one against the Browns, RGIII will most likely hold on to the ball too long and get planted hard and young Kessler will get tossed out there. Possibly three defensive touchdowns

Farooq

Banned
Re: Charles Tapper
@ProFootballDoc
Pars fractures can be problematic.
Recovery usually measured in months not weeks.
Hope he can recover this season.

I wonder how many picks would it take to trade for Danielle Hunter.

For a new page and a new day:
NFLGAF bros, I'm looking for a one-image summary of your team's status and/or hopes for 2016! This will either end up in the OP if I have to make it, in the OP if someone else makes it and I send it to them, or on the first page if I reply to the OP fast enough! With certainty like that, you would be crazy not to contribute immediately!

Example:
Green Bay Packers
160831-welcome-back-19_1472692454537_45561526_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
Los Angeles Rams
CpXSCAwWYAAbsB3.jpg

I will also accept entries for other teams (e.g. not yours!) if they are funny enough!

Hindl

Yeah you're right I'm just used to disappointment.

Gigglepoo

Survival League Pro Tip: Pick the 49ers! It's the only time this season you'll be able to and you'll look like a baller when everyone else is banking on the good teams.

effzee

some join all 3 but good luck!

This is when any reasonable person would have followed with "fuck it we'll lose the season"

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/09/04/sam-bradford-trade-minnesota-vikings-philadelphia-eagles-nfl

The MMQB's diary from Spielman and Roseman about how the Bradford trade went down only makes me angrier. I wanted the Vikings to succeed this season but now I can't wait until Spielman gets fired. The idea that 48 hours of negotiations ends with a 1st and 4th for Sam Bradford being deemed by Spielman as an acceptable compromise is just mind-numbing.

Except the Vikings have 2 twos and 2 threes in 2017. If they want they can easily move up.

They gave up a 1st which is crapshoot just like the rest of the draft anyway.

Then again I never worship draft picks like most fans do.

effzee

He broke his ribs 2 or 3 series in against the backup Bucs defense, one of the weakest in the league, and is playing in front of one of the poorest O-lines in the league

Dude will not last 16 weeks. Will not.

What? If Lane isn't suspended, Eagles potentially have a top ten OLINE.

Pepiope

Pep always comes around to whatever the FO does. They always make the right move so of course Pederson is great!
I've already said my confidence lies in the Browns being shitty, which makes it a good week for Wentz to make his debut.

Edit: Looks like Turner to the PS

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Finally back from middle of nowhere Kentucky. Ez says hi.

So just to get caught up, Pepiope was vindicated and the Eagles got a fucking first round pick from the Vikings? Holy shit.

And the Packers cut Josh Sitton who was apparently a locker room cancer?

Crazy ass weekend to be without any kind of reception or internet.

mjc

So just to get caught up, Pepiope was vindicated and the Eagles got a fucking first round pick from the Vikings? Holy shit.

Wait, Sitton was a confirmed locker room cancer?

Pepiope

A 1st and a 4th!

Feels like damage control to me.

They decided to get a head start on next year's o-line turnover, and see what they had. Maybe use the extra cap space to front load some contracts over the course of the season.

I don't see how you frame it as anything more than a gamble: keeping QB3 (among others) instead of a pro bowl caliber guard. You weren't going to re-sign him when the season ended -- so what?

Bitanator

Yeah I know they weren't great last year but they aren't nearly as bad as people think they are

You need a good running back to return to a top class unit but even last year your run blocking was still above average, they have great pieces to build with. I really don't know why people are disregarding the Eagles this year, every year it is a new NFC East team to shit on, I think the Eagles can be the team to beat this year in the division.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Feels like damage control to me.

They decided to get a head start on next year's o-line turnover, and see what they had. Maybe use the extra cap space to front load some contracts over the course of the season.

I don't see how you frame it as anything more than a gamble: keeping QB3 (among others) instead of a pro bowl caliber guard. You weren't going to re-sign him when the season ended -- so what?

I wonder if we'll ever find out what happened.

I'm not a fan of the move since Sitton was a consistent centerpiece of that line for years at this point. On the upside he's on the wrong side of 30 and would have been expensive. Seems like a typical TT financial move to be honest.

If Sitton was pissed about the offense well guess what? So was everyone in the stands.

brentech

The Green Bay Packers signed LS Brett Goode, claimed RB Jhurell Pressley off waivers from the Minnesota Vikings, placed CB Makinton Dorleant on injured reserve and released RB Brandon Burks. The transactions were announced Monday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Signed to the practice squad were WR Geronimo Allison, LB Carl Bradford, LB Beniquez Brown, LB Reggie Gilbert, RB Don Jackson, G Blake Muir, G Lucas Patrick, DT Brian Price, WR Herb Waters and S Jermaine Whitehead.

ShaneB

NFLGAF bros, I'm looking for a one-image summary of your team's status and/or hopes for 2016! This will either end up in the OP if I have to make it, in the OP if someone else makes it and I send it to them, or on the first page if I reply to the OP fast enough! With certainty like that, you would be crazy not to contribute immediately!

w768xh576_USPW_925817.jpg

Except the Vikings have 2 twos and 2 threes in 2017. If they want they can easily move up.

They gave up a 1st which is crapshoot just like the rest of the draft anyway.

Then again I never worship draft picks like most fans do.

It's not the draft picks tho, it's that Bradford just isn't very good and you're not going to do shit with him so why even waste the effort.

For a new page and a new day:
I will also accept entries for other teams (e.g. not yours!) if they are funny enough!

Found our pic

effzee

Yeah I know they weren't great last year but they aren't nearly as bad as people think they are

They were bad due to injuries plus the offense not working.

A slowed down normal NFL offense, pick ups at GE and through draft, plus health will make them a really good oline.

effzee

It's not the draft picks tho, it's that Bradford just isn't very good and you're not going to do shit with him so why even waste the effort.

He isn't but if you don't make a move you waste another year of AP and tell the whole team this season doesn't mean shit.

With Sam they can compete for the divison.

Mindlog

For the Bucs there are lots of choices, but I'm going to go with:
hWAqK49.jpg

Catch it or let it slip away?

My experience with car batteries is that they die whenever the hell they want to.

Also:

Example:

Cam_Newton_Dabbing_History_Why_Do_The_Panthers_Dab.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom