• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

RBH!! You did it!!

CpnoybBUMAAA_FQ.jpg

yHWFdIB.gif

The Panthers just went for fourth down instead of kicking a field goal to tie in a meaningless preseason game.

The Panthers also just lost that meaningless preseason game.

dionysus

Yaldog
Saints training camp so far.

Optimist: Our defense has improved so much it is making our good offense look bad.
Pessimist: Our offense is so bad with an aging QB and overrated skill players it is making a bad defense look good.

Tell me fans of historically bad teams, what interpretation should I take?

Edit. This preseason game is so all over the place I am ignoring it. Can't blame the defense for the offenses turnovers. And bubble players and backup QBs turning the ball over, meh.

bionic77

Swimming is such a boring sport.

If nationalism was not involved no one would give 2 fucks about most of the sports in the olympics.

dionysus

Yaldog

If nationalism was not involved no one would give 2 fucks about most of the sports in the olympics.

Best part of the Olympics is how people act like experts on sports they only watch once every 4 years by parroting what NBC hosts talk about.

jmood88

Saints training camp so far.

Optimist: Our defense has improved so much it is making our good offense look bad.
Pessimist: Our offense is so bad with an aging QB and overrated skill players it is making a bad defense look good.

Tell me fans of historically bad teams, what interpretation should I take?

Edit. This preseason game is so all over the place I am ignoring it. Can't blame the defense for the offenses turnovers. And bubble players and backup QBs turning the ball over, meh.
I don't know how you could even suggest that the offense is bad based on anything we've seen.

Hindl

3 more years of prosperity! We did it!

Damn he took a hit. How'd he look besides? Missed it

Edit: why did kas get banned?

Pretty sure he completed that throw and took the hit like a champ. And he looked good and like a rookie. Kept some plays alive, had good pocket presence, and made the right reads. But his accuracy was erratic and some throws went too high, including an INT in the red zone. He showed potential and also showed why it's smart to sit him for a bit.

That's true, but for me it's like golf or tennis or baseball or (most) auto racing. The stakes and intensity are what elevate it to something interesting.

Without the stakes, boring as shit.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
3 more years of prosperity! We did it!

Damn he took a hit. How'd he look besides? Missed it

Edit: why did kas get banned?

kas is banned?

Coward's way out before the big Steelers/Fatford matchup tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I'll have a Steelers 'what to watch for' up before the game.

I missed everything. Anything of note for the Ravens?

I stopped watching pretty much after the first quarter.

But following Panthers' beat writers on Twitter, it sounds like:

Panthers First Team >> Ravens "First" Team ("First" because a lot of your regular starters didn't play especially on offense)

Ravens Second Team > Panthers Second Team

Ravens Third/Fourth Teams >>> Panthers Third/Fourth Teams

I stopped watching pretty much after the first quarter.

But following Panthers' beat writers on Twitter, it sounds like:

Panthers First Team >> Ravens "First" Team ("First" because a lot of your regular starters didn't play especially on offense)

Ravens Second Team > Panthers Second Team

Ravens Third/Fourth Teams >>> Panthers Third/Fourth Teams

Remember when we manhandled you guys during the joint practices last year and y'all needed us to tone it down?

Good times....

Spinluck

My best memory of the Olympics was in 2004.

Florida got slammed by hurricanes that year, and during Hurricane Charlie we had a bbq and watched Olympics. NBC also had that epic Olympian theme music. Hyyyyyyyyype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom