• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What do you make of this Ladarius Green stuff? Preseason bluster, or serious problem?

Hell if I know. I do know that I'm not overly concerned about it. If the reports out of camp about Eli Rogers and Sammie Coates are accurate, then just run four wide all the time. Green was never going to block, anyways.

Sounds like Jerry Jones is pretty solidly behind the Raiders going to Vegas:

Jones said the NFL’s perception of Las Vegas has changed for the better, and called it “a fundamentally solid market.” He predicted that if that process continued to move forward for the Raiders, there would not be the same type of battle among owners that happened with L.A.

“There won’t be,” he said. “You’ll have certain individual owners with thoughts, but you won’t see people clumping together to try to stop it – not with Las Vegas in the Raiders’ case. You’re not going to have factions and things like that. Not here.”

However, he does not believe the Chargers should look at Las Vegas as an option.

“As far as I’m concerned, the Raiders are the one and only team to go,” he said. “I wouldn’t go over there if I were San Diego. If it’s going to work, I think it’s the Raiders. You’ve got to have that national cache.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-jerry-jones-rams-20160811-snap-story,amp.html

Considering Jerry is one of the main reasons the Rams are in L.A., I'd imagine if the funding gets done, the Raiders are Vegas bound

dionysus

Yaldog
I don't know how you could even suggest that the offense is bad based on anything we've seen.

And what exactly have we seen? An offense having lots of turnovers against a defense that last year couldn't sniff a turnover. Oh, and 1 largely meaningless preseason game where our defense didn't create turnovers but our offense did.....a bunch.

You can't believe preseason hype from local sports media.

I do think our defense has improved, I mean it takes real effort to be that bad 3 years in a row across two different coaching regimes.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Matt Schaub out played Matt Ryan last night.

Look I get it's a small sample size. It's just the first preseason game. Oh and it probably Ryan vs the Ones and Schaub vs the backups.

Schaub played better though once you get beyond the bias of thinking Ryan is the starter. Schaub made bigger plays, and he made smarter throws.

Take that as you will.

Ron Mexico

Look I get it's a small sample size. It's just the first preseason game. Oh and it probably Ryan vs the Ones and Schaub vs the backups.

Schaub played better though once you get beyond the bias of thinking Ryan is the starter. Schaub made bigger plays, and he made smarter throws.

Take that as you will.

...that he's a top-5 backup? I'm not nearly as high on Ryan as I used to be, but if Schaub is the answer, I don't want to even imagine how shitty the question was.

Hell if I know. I do know that I'm not overly concerned about it. If the reports out of camp about Eli Rogers and Sammie Coates are accurate, then just run four wide all the time. Green was never going to block, anyways.

Kinda surprised they would even get a glorified Wide Receiver, but I guess the o-line is so good now it doesn't matter.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
...that he's a top-5 backup? I'm not nearly as high on Ryan as I used to be, but if Schaub is the answer, I don't want to even imagine how shitty the question was.

Make no mistake I didn't say it was a good thing Ryan got out played.

That being said how long can a guy live off that 2012 season?

Duxxy3

I still wish we had a competent lead running back. Gaffney had a nice run, but that was all on the line and TE's. Blount didn't look great, but rarely does.

Sucks to hear about Mitchell. Might be best to let him sit for the year. That would give Dobson a full year to make his mark.

I'm not sure what to think of Jimmy. He is missing edelman, amendola, hogan, gronk, lewis and Vollmer. Can't give him a grade with half the offense on the field.

Brissett looked like a rookie QB. He is nowhere near ready. That comes as no surprise.

I think Ted Karras will be the starting right guard by the halfway point of the year.

Ron Mexico

Make no mistake I didn't say it was a good thing Ryan got out played.

That being said how long can a guy live off that 2012 season?

He's still in the top half of QBs in the league. Yes, speaks more to the quality of the position as a whole, but that's another story.

The running game is almost there. I'd like to see what they'd look like with an actual O-line and god forbid a defense.

Then again, I've been a fan since the Glanville days. I'm used to disappointment.

Duxxy3

Oh sweet. Mitchell should only be out 4 weeks.

We keep lucking out with these injuries. None have been season ending.

Go Browns! Don't think I'll be here for the game start.

Coleman was already ruled out earlier in week. Just being safe with him, sore hamstring from scrimmage.

Pryor, I heard might not play tonight, and Hawkins out with hamstring.

Coleman and Pryor would have been the starting Wrs tonight. With 14 draft picks and a new Qb still a lot to see tonight though.

Kaves Boy Crow has reportedly looked good in camp

On the Oline haven't seen the Official depth chart yet, but looks like they could try out 5th round pick Spencer Drango at RT. Could be a nice surprise.

Not Browns related but just saw Cams new blonde goatee, don't like it grobo.
CojJCkNUMAAPrw8.jpg:small

Cam%20goatee_1469822918123_4410053_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

gutshot

Didn't get to watch all of the Eagles game last night because of the Olympics, but I did watch much of Wentz's snaps. I thought he looked impressive. He was mostly accurate. He had some good reads and decisions, even under pressure (the INT notwithstanding). His athleticism really showed on a few plays, escaping the pocket and even keeping on a zone read. And he can slide!

The gulf in talent between him and Chase Daniel is pretty apparent. It's just a matter of the kid learning and getting more comfortable in the offense. I think we might see him starting some games this season.

Go Browns! Don't think I'll be here for the game start.

Coleman was already ruled out earlier in week. Just being safe with him, sore hamstring from scrimmage.

Pryor, I heard might not play tonight, and Hawkins out with hamstring.

Coleman and Pryor would have been the starting Wrs tonight. With 14 draft picks and a new Qb still a lot to see tonight though.

Kaves Boy Crow has reportedly looked good in camp

On the Oline haven't seen the Official depth chart yet, but looks like they could try out 5th round pick Spencer Drango at RT. Could be a nice surprise.

Not Browns related but just saw Cams new blonde goatee, don't like it grobo.

I don't either BG. Good morning friend, Go Browns

Striker

Same old crap. Lacks competitiveness. Contact adverse. Not a smart player. Reminds me of Miles Austin. He's going to do something stupid during the year and will get cut. Eagles are going to be awful on offense
Such a waste of talent. He will probably be out of the league within two or three years.

MechDX

Take that as you will.

Matt Schaub: M-V-P!

jmood88

And what exactly have we seen? An offense having lots of turnovers against a defense that last year couldn't sniff a turnover. Oh, and 1 largely meaningless preseason game where our defense didn't create turnovers but our offense did.....a bunch.

You can't believe preseason hype from local sports media.

I do think our defense has improved, I mean it takes real effort to be that bad 3 years in a row across two different coaching regimes.
No, we have an offense that has consistently been top 5 for the past 9 years and a single practice where it looked bad. Meanwhile, the defense did the exact same thing in the practices against the Patriots while the offense being run by a competant quarterback carved up the Patriots in practice and only had 3 plays in the actual game. There is absolutely nothing to back up any kind of assertion that the offense is bad or that the defense hasn't done the same thing it was doing in the practices, aside from dropping the interceptions that they've been typically catching.

You need to stop looking at the box score and actually watch the game. The first turnover was a fumble, not some horrendous play that indicated bad offense. The second turnover was an interception by the third-string quarterback, and the last turnover was a horrible throw by the backup.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
F THE BROWNS

GO PACK GO

NO INJURIES, PLEASE

I can get behind this.

I try not to take too much away from preseason games because the coaches are probably looking for shit that I'm ignorant about. I didn't see Wentz play though but it sounded rough.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 2m2 minutes ago
The Giants starters expected to play 15 or so snaps in preseason opener Friday vs Dolphins.

....cool. Its going to be weird not seeing Coughlin on the sideline.

Just get the hell out of dodge healthy.

in important news, Eric Pears sat out 49ers practice with no explanation from the team. I will consider this season a success if he is cut before the season starts. Pls chip... do what is right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom