• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

I like how this page is the rest of us trying to have a real football discussion and the two Pats fans posting pictures of some midget posing in a Greyhound.

Cant blame them, if I was a Pats fan football would be the last thing I would want to think about now.

squicken

Basically, if you're going to say "stop comparing these guys to Andrew Luck because he's a unicorn," think the same of the Calvin comparison.n.

I'd argue Calvin Johnson is even more rare than Luck or Manning as far as a prospect. I mean there's just no one like him. It could be 15 years before there's another CJ

What I want from a top 10 WR is the size/speed of Andre Johnson or Julio Jones. Dez would have been that guy had he not been insane. They aren't in every draft but usually. I still need to watch a lot more, I'm just not sure Watkins can ever be the the kind of nightmare fuel for DCs that those guys are

e:

Texans take Bortles at 1, Falcons move up to 2 for Clowney, and Rams take Watkins at 6? I would be happy with that

If there's one guarantee, it's that the Falcons are taking Clowney. They need a talented pass rusher. They've had problems with part time pass rushers, but what else is new?

Here's a few things I have on my mind today.

1. No one should celebrate Conference Championships, IMO. If you win it, great. But there is still one more game to play. I learned back in 2005 that no one should celebrate this. I remember it like it was yesterday. Everyone was buying all those "Seattle Seahawks: 2005 NFC CHAMPIONS!!!" shirts and hats. I couldn't go anywhere without seeing them. And when we lost, they were immediately followed by all those commemorative Super Bowl XL shirts and hats. I especially hate those. It's literally a medal for participation.

If you lose, it's even worse. If you celebrate a CCG loss, then you are quite literally asking for a participation medal.

And with all that said, fuck all the "Seattle Seahawks: 2014 NFC CHAMPIONS!!!" shirts and hats the stores are peddling. Thankfully, I haven't seen that shit around on campus or anything.

I hate the event-time-specific branded stuff like that, even if it's for winning the Super Bowl.

Cant blame them, if I was a Pats fan football would be the last thing I would want to think about now.

Do they ever actually discuss football? Seems like it's just endless pics of Brady in fashion magazines.

Anyways so Caserio has turned down GM interviews before but he's actually doing this one...? Interesting...I guess people might be jumping ship in NE because the Miami job is a train wreck.

Striker

They had Abraham fo a while, had Ray Edwards bust as a FA, Osi was a band-aid, and just haven't developed others. So yeah I do think if he's there it's a lock for Clowney for ATL. They need OL help too but it's deep.

I'd love for NYG to check out some WR's also, but I know they need to look at pieces on the line too. Hopefully Reese signs a couple FA's and bounces the overpaid injury prone guys on the roster now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
2. A good friend of mine told me yesterday that the Friend Zone isn't a real thing. Is that true? Because I tend to get stuck in the FZ a lot. I'm perpetually stuck in the FZ. I'm the Purgatory of FZ's. I'm the real life Black Chris Griffin. I'm the Cleveland Browns of the dating world. If Mewtwo represents dating at its greatness, then I'm Level 1 Magikarp. MIMS' rap career represents my dating life. I am to "game" as Rihanna is to professional acting. My mackin' ability is akin to Chris Christie's fitness. I could go on forever, but nah.

Stop acting like friends with chicks and they won't friendzone you, it's pretty easy. I had to learn the hard way that while some guy can just "make relationships happen" or whatever, the key was to just straight up ask chicks out before you get friendzoned. Also, don't try and psychoanalyze them and listen to their problems right off the bat, just try to make them laugh and be kind of a smartass...but not too much.

The other key is also learning to be like "yeah, whatever" if the chick shoots you down. Rejection sucks but if you aren't obviously attractive or rich, dating can be a numbers game.

I learned a long time ago that having a serious discussion about football with people like you is a bad idea. You will make a million spy gate references, cry about how the league robbed the Eagles of their title, how Brady is a terrible Qb and I will start calling people cunts, Lunchbox will piss you off even more etc. etc. etc.

I don't enjoy all that, so I might as well post pictures of Jules.

Do they ever actually discuss football? Seems like it's just endless pics of Brady in fashion magazines. .

Last week I tried to talk about the Pats moving on from Brady which sparked some nice discussions, but then the '0 WINS SINCE SPYGATE' 'CHEATERSNATION' shit showed up again, and then I'm done. Plus nothing wrong with Tom in fashion magazines.

VN27_MARIO-TESTINO_HR3-620x396.jpg

Talon

If there's one guarantee, it's that the Falcons are taking Clowney. They need a talented pass rusher. They've had problems with part time pass rushers, but what else is new?
We'll at least be able to immediately address one of the two biggest holes on the team: an offensive lineman and a pass rusher. I'd be happy with either Matthews, Clowney, or Barr at this moment. Maybe I'll come around on Robinson - unlikely. I just...not a fan of Lewan personally living in AA.

I take solace in the fact that we're pretty set in the defensive secondary for the first time I can ever say in my life between Moore and DeCoud on the back end and the trio of young corners - Trufant, Alford, and McClain.

squicken

Jags GM was today saying he'd consider moving down. I'm not sure any of these QBs are worth a high pick. It's not that they aren't Luck; they aren't Bradford or Stafford (as prospects). I think the Texans really will try and trade out, but would take Clowney if they couldn't

Atlanta has so little depth I am not sure they can afford to use any picks to move up. May have to settle for Barr/Mack/Mathews

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I learned a long time ago that having a serious discussion about football with people like you is a bad idea. You will make a million spy gate references, cry about how the league robbed the Eagles of their title, how Brady is a terrible Qb and I will start calling people cunts, Lunchbox will piss you off even more etc. etc. etc.

Last week I tried to talk about the Pats moving on from Brady which sparked some nice discussions, but then the '0 WINS SINCE SPYGATE' 'CHEATERSNATION' shit showed up again, and then I'm done. Plus nothing wrong with Tom in fashion magazines.

handle-the-truth.gif

VN27_MARIO-TESTINO_HR3-620x396.jpg

Well she sure is pretty at least,

I can handle the truth just fine. It's just that all that screaming and yelling by you people about the subject stands in the way of a normal discussion about the Pats. And if that is how you people wanna spend your time that's fine, but I'm not gonna go and try to have a serious talk when all I get is an endless stream of hatred/irrational bullshit.

I'm done with the endless shouting matches, so I stick to posting pictures of Tom Brady and talk about videogames and diners and actually have fun on this site.

Jags GM was today saying he'd consider moving down. I'm not sure any of these QBs are worth a high pick. It's not that they aren't Luck; they aren't Bradford or Stafford (as prospects). I think the Texans really will try and trade out, but would take Clowney if they couldn't

Atlanta has so little depth I am not sure they can afford to use any picks to move up. May have to settle for Barr/Mack/Mathews

Sounds like a smokescreen to me. I highly doubt the Jags GM could take an entire year of scrutiny regarding sticking with the clear bust Gabbert for one more year. Only way this happens is if they think they can get Bridgewater after the 5th pick.

Talon

I honestly don't see us moving up. These positions need to be shored up:

OT - Baker has played one full season, and there's nobody else of note
OG - Only Blalock played well, the rest of the guys should be backups on most teams
DE - Good depth, actually, but no playmakers right now
DT - Both Babs and Peters are FAs - expect to resign one, hopefully Peters
OLB - Need one more guy there

Out of those positions, we absolutely NEED a starter out of FA/Draft at OT, OG, DE, and DT. Therein lies this season's results, half your offensive and defensive line was listless.

We have good depth in the secondary as I stated earlier. We'll probably get one more receiver in the late rounds to battle for the 4th spot. TE has two tall guys in Toilolo and Coffman - the former will get every chance to start.

BigAT

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson
So Plaxico Burress takes gun into club & accidentally shoots himself, 2 years in prison. Josh Brent drives drunk & kills teammate, 6 months.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Texans take Bortles at 1, Falcons move up to 2 for Clowney, and Rams take Watkins at 6? I would be happy with that

If Watkins falls to #6 I wouldn't be surprised if Mayhew gives the Rams front office a call for a potential trade. He's only done it once when he moved into the first round to get Jahvid Best in 2010, but what would trading down four spots to #10 cost? A 4th round pick?

Do they ever actually discuss football? Seems like it's just endless pics of Brady in fashion magazines.

Anyways so Caserio has turned down GM interviews before but he's actually doing this one...? Interesting...I guess people might be jumping ship in NE because the Miami job is a train wreck.

The writing is on the wall, Fins are going to be the better team at some point soon.

Dutch you sound ridiculous, boo hoo that people bring up the truth that your team hasnt won a SB since the day they got caught cheating, after "winning" 3 in 4 years before that. Maybe if you didnt try and minimize that shit so much there wouldnt be so many shouting matches about it. I am happy to discuss football with anyone but lunchbox or kas, since both are incapable of having an intelligent discussion about anything, but I am not going to ever stop talking about spygate. It is the worst scandal in sports history IMO, and it affected not only the sport I love but the team I love as well.

The writing is on the wall, Fins are going to be the better team at some point soon.

Dutch you sound ridiculous, boo hoo that people bring up the truth that your team hasnt won a SB since the day they got caught cheating, after "winning" 3 in 4 years before that. Maybe if you didnt try and minimize that shit so much there wouldnt be so many shouting matches about it. I am happy to discuss football with anyone but lunchbox or kas, since both are incapable of having an intelligent discussion about anything, but I am not going to ever stop talking about spygate. It is the worst scandal in sports history IMO, and it affected not only the sport I love but the team I love as well.

Thanks for proving my point.

tom-brady-670-350_002.jpg

Probably Brandon Coleman.

That would be sweet

I try never to pay attention to the draft because ultimately it's a crap shoot and we have no control over who our teams pick anyways but fuck if I don't get into it once the off season has gotten underway....

I hope the dolphins address Oline (duh), TEs, WR, Corners (again...) and LBs, with Oline first. I know our cap situation is great but I doubt many FAs will want to come play for Miami and if they do they tend to come and retire.

Draxal

Probably Brandon Coleman.

Nah, huge Rutgers fan ... but Coleman had a pretty bad year and Schiano's influence on current Rutgers players isn't there anymore (Schiano was a defensive coach and Check went after Rutgers defensive players ... although you guys did have Mark Harrison for a spin).

Colasante

Im done trying to guess what the Patriots do in the draft. Though I am pretty certain they draft Iowa TE CJ Fiedorowicz in the 3rd.

I think they're likely to draft a guard, defensive tackle, and tight end in the first three rounds, though it's impossible to guess the order with them. They'll also need another cornerback if Talib leaves, possibly a safety to replace Gregory, and another wide receiver. They also need a new backup quarterback. They have a lot of needs...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson
So Plaxico Burress takes gun into club & accidentally shoots himself, 2 years in prison. Josh Brent drives drunk & kills teammate, 6 months.

Yeah I'm still shocked at how hard they threw the book at Burress. 2 years in prison for that is a waste of tax dollars.

And Josh Brent will be out in less than a month probably...

jakncoke

Banned
Fucking insurance thiefs, why wouldnt my policy on the car that got totaled not get automatically cancelled ? The insurance agent brought up in case you get a new car right away but that doesnt make a fuck of sense because the liklihood of my next car fitting the same year,mile range and brand are slim and the next rate will likely be higher just on basis that I now have a 85/65 ticket and a totalled car on my recrd. Fucking probably a pats fan.

Top Bottom