• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cold weather favors Seattle but let's not act like Denver doesn't have a good chance of winning.

If Denver gets a two score lead, I don't see Seattle coming back for instance.

Does any team Seattle beat have the number one offense? My point is that Denver can play in the snow/cold, so I wouldn't count them out.

Not counting them out. They were my pick to win going in. With news of bad weather, I am thinking it could end up favoring the Seahawks if the elements make it into a run centric game.

If it was in a dome or weather wasn't there to potentially change the game, I would be secure with my pick. As it stands right now, I think the weather could be the difference maker.

Not counting them out. They were my pick to win going in. With news of bad weather, I am thinking it could end up favoring the Seahawks if the elements make it into a run centric game.

If it was in a dome or weather wasn't there to potentially change the game, I would be secure with my pick. As it stands right now, I think the weather could be the difference maker.

Denver has a decent run defense, in the cold weather I really think either team can grind out a win but if Manning has a chance to get any kind of pass game, it's going to be tougher for Seattle.

squicken

Breer is tweeting out numbers for '11 rookies and the 5th year option. Rules are different for picks 1-10 and 11-32

5th-year options for '11 rookies must be exercised by 5/3. Immediately guaranteed for injury. Guar for skill on Day 1 of '15 league year.

5th-year option for Top 10 picks = '14 transition tag #'s. For picks 11-32 = avg of salaries 3-25 at position. Proj's based on $126.3M cap.

OK, ready? Proj transition #'s (Option for Top 10 picks): CB $9.57M, DE $10.09M, DT $7.65M, LB $9.26M, OL $9.53M, K $3.04M, QB $13.93M ...

... RB $7.63M, S $6.89M, TE $5.8M, WR $9.66M ... Again, these projections for 5th-year option for Top 10 picks.

Proj option #'s for Picks 11-32: CB $6.55M, DE $6.62M, DT $5.20M, LB $6.68M, OL $7.08M, QB $9.20M, RB $4.95M, S $4.43M, TE $3.72M, WR $6.43M

Another example: Projected option for Newton, Locker, Gabbert is $13.93M. For Ponder, it's $9.20M. Ponder went 2 picks after Gabbert.

Another interesting element: New system actually could reward 2nd-rounders. Kaepernick now has significantly more leverage than Cam. ...

Can't be more fragile than Bradford.

Seems like a good rationale to draft him

Who takes it harder if the Broncos lose, Tabris or Yankeehater?

I am actually pulling for the Seahawks in the SB. I really respect Denver, and seeing Manning get a SB would be funny for the teams that didnt want him, but I always have to root for the team that hasnt won one yet, except for the Pats. The NFL needs every team to win a SB as quickly as possible.

I am actually pulling for the Seahawks in the SB. I really respect Denver, and seeing Manning get a SB would be funny for the teams that didnt want him, but I always have to root for the team that hasnt won one yet, except for the Pats. The NFL needs every team to win a SB as quickly as possible.

I'm still rooting for Denver just because I'm a huge fan of Manning but I don't mind the Seahawks winning it for that reason as well. This is the first SB in a while where I don't hate either or both teams and I can just sit back and enjoy the game regardless of outcome.

squicken

I'm sure Gabbert will get that extra year option!

The CBA isn't awful for top 10 guys, but for 11-32 it's brutal. Quinn and Watt are under team control for 5 years for $18m.

Even with Gabbert, the option is only guaranteed for injury. They can still cut him before 2015 starts and not owe him anything

ShaneB

It feels odd to say that all this weather talk is awesome! I hope for a snow bowl for sure as I've always said. I know a lot of the talk is on how Manning will perform, but I'm worried about how the Seahawks would perform under those conditions too. All the talk is favouring the run game, but maybe the Broncos backs turn\s into superman with cold and snow, and Marshawn and company clam up. Either way, I'm nervous!

cajunator

Banned
what is this alien substance on my car?
uEkdUqE.jpg

My comment made as much as sense as comparing New Englands defense to Seattles.

Uh, the poster I was responding to was pointing to how the Broncos ALMOST beat New England in Foxboro in cold weather. I said that almost beating NE (with their D) isn't the same thing as beating Seattle in bad weather.

I loved you when you used to be a Laker fan, bionic.

:(

Uh, the poster I was responding to was pointing to how the Broncos ALMOST beat New England in Foxboro in cold weather. I said that almost beating NE (with their D) isn't the same thing as beating Seattle in bad weather.

Lakers suck right now, we have no fans.(also a laker fan)

Hammer24

Banned
I'm still rooting for Denver just because I'm a huge fan of Manning but I don't mind the Seahawks winning it for that reason as well. This is the first SB in a while where I don't hate either or both teams and I can just sit back and enjoy the game regardless of outcome.

My feelings exactly. Maybe I root for Manning a little more, but I wouldn´t mind the ´hawks winning at all, given we get a good game.

bionic77

I know bro. I was making fun of Chris' post and making the same point you did. I have serious doubts about this busted version of Manning going into New York and moving the ball through the air against Seattle.

Also I will always be a Lakers fan bro. I remember the 90s after Jordan gave Magic AIDS. I remember Campbell running like no other human ever did down the court. I remember Nick the Quick. We are going back to those days soon!

I know bro. I was making fun of Chris' post and making the same point you did. I have serious doubts about this busted version of Manning going into New York and moving the ball through the air against Seattle.

Also I will always be a Lakers fan bro. I remember the 90s after Jordan gave Magic AIDS. I remember Campbell running like no other human ever did down the court. I remember Nick the Quick. We are going back to those days soon!

mj-laughing.gif

I'm rooting for John Fox cause his SB was stolen by that stone faced pig of a coach up in Boston.

squicken

simples

Banned
That commercial sucked and failed to show how far ahead of its time the OG Mac was.

This coming from a guy who is working from home right now on his Macbook Air.

nice to see youre a closet apple appreciator as well being a closet patriots fan

underneath your false rapist loving cover up, you know quality friend

Field Yates said:
Via @AdamSchefter: The Dolphins are interested in Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio for their GM job.

Schefter said:
Patriots already have lost O-Line coach Dante Scarnecchia, TE coach George Godsey, LB coach Pepper Johnson. Now could lose Nick Caserio.

NFL.

Wut r u doin.

pls stahp

Colasante

Nick Caserio would be a fantastic hire by the Dolphins. I really hope it doesn't happen.

I'd thought he was being groomed as the future General Manager in New England though. If he leaves, then I'll start being worried about all of the Patriots departures.

Top Bottom