• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
image.php

:jnc

It's the gift that keeps on giving

Farooq

Banned
Don Banks of SI re-drafts 2013: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...t-2013-redo-sheldon-richardson/index.html#all

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs
(Original pick: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan)
Re-do pick: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

2. Jacksonville Jaguars
(Original pick: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M)
Re-do pick: Keenan Allen, WR, California

3. Miami Dolphins
(Original pick: Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon)
Re-do pick: Larry Warford, G, Kentucky

4. Philadelphia Eagles
(Original pick: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma)
Re-do pick: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

5. Detroit Lions
(Original pick: Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU)
Re-do pick: Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU

6. Cleveland Browns
(Original pick: Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU)
Re-do pick: Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon

7. Arizona Cardinals
(Original pick: Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina)
Re-do pick: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

8. St. Louis Rams
(Original pick: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia)
Re-do pick: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

9. New York Jets
(Original pick: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama)
Re-do pick: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

10. Tennessee Titans
(Original pick: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama)
Re-do pick: Alec Olgetree, LB, Georgia

11. San Diego Chargers
(Original pick: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama)
Re-do pick: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

12. Oakland Raiders
(Original pick: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston)
Re-do pick: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

13. New York Jets
(Original pick: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri)
Re-do pick: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

14. Carolina Panthers
(Original pick: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah)
Re-do pick: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU

15. New Orleans Saints
(Original pick: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas)
Re-do pick: Kenny Vaccaro

16. Buffalo Bills
(Original pick: EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State)
Re-do pick: EJ Manuel

17. Pittsburgh Steelers
(Original pick: Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia)
Re-do pick: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

18. San Francisco 49ers
(Original pick: Eric Reid, S, LSU)
Re-do pick: Eric Reid, S, LSU

19. New York Giants
(Original pick: Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse)
Re-do pick: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

20. Chicago Bears
(Original pick: Kyle Long, G, Oregon)
Re-do pick: Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin

21. Cincinnati Bengals
(Original pick: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame)
Re-do pick: Jordan Reed, TE, Florida

22. Atlanta Falcons
(Original pick: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington)
Re-do pick: Kyle Long, G, Oregon

23. Minnesota Vikings
(Original pick: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida)
Re-do pick: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

24. Indianapolis Colts
(Original pick: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State)
Re-do pick: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

25. Minnesota Vikings
(Original pick: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State)
Re-do pick: Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State

26. Green Bay Packers
(Original pick: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA)
Re-do pick: Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina

27. Houston Texans
(Original pick: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson)
Re-do pick: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor

28. Denver Broncos
(Original pick: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina)
Re-do pick: Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

29. Minnesota Vikings
(Original pick: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee)
Re-do pick: Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma

30. St. Louis Rams
(Original pick: Alec Olgetree, LB, Georgia)
Re-do pick: Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut

31. Dallas Cowboys
(Original pick: Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin)
Re-do pick: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

32. Baltimore Ravens
(Original pick: Matt Elam, S, Florida)
Re-do pick: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

I remember all the shit the Cowboys got for reaching with Freadbeard. Looks like the Cowboys got more value with trading down.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Don Banks of SI re-drafts 2013: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nf...t-2013-redo-sheldon-richardson/index.html#all

I remember all the shit the Cowboys got for reaching with Freadbeard. Looks like the Cowboys got more value with trading down.

3. Miami Dolphins
(Original pick: Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon)
Re-do pick: Larry Warford, G, Kentucky

*Sigh*

So the Dolphins requested to speak with the Pats dude (forget his name) weeks ago and declined and then suddenly changed his mind yesterday...?

Crisco

Banned
All Teams estimated cap space for 2014 as of right now:

xOvt3lw.png

It's almost sad, if it wasn't for their criminally incompetent FO/ownership, the Browns would be in great shape. They have the cap space and the draft picks to turn things around quick.

Probably like a much less intense version of transitioning from 18-0 to 18-1.

ivxph.gif

So the Dolphins requested to speak with the Pats dude (forget his name) weeks ago and declined and then suddenly changed his mind yesterday...?

Jeff Ireland?! IS THAT YOU!?

I'm starting to buy into the rebuilding process. Bill is kicking everybody out, find another job now or get fired and shamed later on.

Farooq

Banned
A team who just had an awful year mainly due to a terrible OL would pick an undersized WR?

Pugh had one of the better seasons for the rookie OL. Without him they'd new five new starters instead of four.

Yea that pick makes no sense. Warmack, Cooper, Long, and Frederick are still on his board.

His reasoning for the pick :

After a slow start, Pugh wound up having a very respectable year at right tackle for the Giants. But the pick of Austin is just a nod to New York's need for playmakers and more explosive weapons at Eli Manning's disposal. Austin showed only flashes of his big-play potential for St. Louis, but his combination of return game and receiving talent would look good in Blue.

MechDX

It's almost sad, if it wasn't for their criminally incompetent FO/ownership, the Browns would be in great shape. They have the cap space and the draft picks to turn things around quick.

Not true at all. Its just Mech blowing things out of proportion

/BG and Kave.

Farooq

Banned
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 58m
Cowboys are discussing hiring former Lions OC Scott Linehan as their play caller, per @Edwerderespn and @mortreport.

What the fuck? You either stick with continuity or you don't Jerry. Fuck this micromanaging shit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Artful, RaidersGAF or does anyone else know how DJ Hayden performed for the Raiders in his rookie season? Didn't follow him much.

Raiders are probably my second team if the Lions didn't exist. Plus the Raiders winning a Superbowl would lead to mass riots and structural damage to the city of L.A. which would lead to more construction jobs for contractors and there employees like the 1994 Northridge Earthquake.

Eleuin

Eh, would the Jags really have benefited all that much from Keenan Allen? I mean he still would have had gabert/henne throwing
Allen/blackmon/shorts would be crazy
Just make sure you don't pick up Dalton 2.0 in this draft and you can't go wrong

Artful, RaidersGAF or does anyone else know how DJ Hayden performed for the Raiders in his rookie season? Didn't follow him much.

Raiders are probably my second team if the Lions didn't exist. Plus the Raiders winning a Superbowl would lead to mass riots and structural damage to the city of L.A. which would lead to more construction jobs for contractors and there employees, like the Northridge Earthquake.

Depending on who you ask Hayden was a mixed bag.

Statistically:
DJ Hayden - 2 starts (8 games nickel), 1 int, 2 PD, 26 tackles (23 solo), 1 FF

Basically, he played like a Rookie CB. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't necessarily great play.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Depending on who you ask Hayden was a mixed bag.

Statistically:
DJ Hayden - 2 starts (8 games nickel), 1 int, 2 PD, 26 tackles (23 solo), 1 FF

Basically, he played like a Rookie CB. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't necessarily great play.

Pretty decent for a rookie DB like you said. Most rookie DBs take a few years till they catch up to the speed of the game.

Won my work dodgeball playoff game today, handily. Definitely hit the other team with the Sherman choke sign after the game, and it went over exactly how I hoped it would with a bunch of Niner fans; not well.

jakncoke

Banned
Why would we draft Lacy in the 1st , Bell would had the same numbers had he not missed the first 3 games and we got him in the 2nd

Why would we draft Lacy in the 1st , Bell would had the same numbers had he not missed the first 3 games and we got him in the 2nd

1. Don Banks doesn't actually watch football he just writes what his interns tell him.

2. Steeler Nation was shitting their pants when the Steelers skipped Lacy for Bell.

Farooq

Banned
1. Don Banks doesn't actually watch football he just writes what his interns tell him.

2. Steeler Nation was shitting their pants when the Steelers skipped Lacy for Bell.

Yea...The only reason I posted the re-draft was to illustrate that drafting Fredbeard and Williams over Floyd was not a bad move. But some of his other picks are just...

I had a bit of optimism with Jerry and Garrett, at least in terms of the last 3 drafts. But then I hear these Scott Linehan rumors and ...Scott Linehan really? It must have been that one year in Miami, Garrett and Linehan are good friends or lovers or something. You know what? I blame Saban, why the fuck did he hire Garrett as his QB coach? Then, why did Jerry hire Garrett as his OC before hiring Wade? Also, why am I replying to you about this? The answer, I don't fucking know.

Top Bottom