• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

MechDX

I would really like to see Clowney across from Watt.

YES! Keep Schaub for another year and bring back Kubiak and say it was all a misunderstanding! While were at it RBH can bring his lighter to Houston.

How about no? Don't need the second coming of Mario Williams. Either way would Clowney be a DE or an OLB in a 3-4?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Watched Iron Man 3. Shit show.

I would really like to see Clowney across from Watt.

edit: I want to do an earlier mock draft this year. One before the real one. Which ones of you assholes are interested?

We could do a 'what I want my team to do' and then a 'what I think my team will do' draft. With the draft not until May, we'll have plenty of time.

I also want to gauge interest in some group scouting. I'm going to start watching film after the combine. I think it might be fun to pick a group a week or something and compare notes.

What I was thinking was a team draft. We split up into teams of 5 or so, and come up with all 32 places amongst the 5, then compare. Closest gets bragging rights. Goes faster too since we won't have to wait for no shows and back outs. Each team has a captain.

That way we could still do the regular team mock draft in April.

squicken

Watched Iron Man 3. Shit show.

We could do a and then a 'what I think my team will do' draft. With the draft not until May, we'll have plenty of time.

I also want to gauge interest in some group scouting. I'm going to start watching film after the combine. I think it might be fun to pick a group a week or something and compare notes.

Yeah I am real far away from having a firm idea on anything. With the draft so far away I'm not going to burn out and get too into it until the combine as well. But that doesn't mean we can't do 'what I want my team to do' mock drafts. I'm curious what people later in round one are hoping for

I hesitate to do a "What I want my team to do" draft because I know enthusiasm will be shot for the real mock, which is hard enough to get through as it is. I'd prefer to keep things small and quick.

cdyhybrid

What I was thinking was a team draft. We split up into teams of 5 or so, and come up with all 32 places amongst the 5, then compare. Closest gets bragging rights. Goes faster too since we won't have to wait for no shows and back outs. Each team has a captain.

That way we could still do the regular team mock draft in April.

Should wait until after the Combine at least.

I hesitate to do a "What I want my team to do" draft because I know enthusiasm will be shot for the real mock, which is hard enough to get through as it is. I'd prefer to keep things small and quick.

I feel that discussion per team will happen anyways, the other mock draft ideas are solid.

Also, since we got time...post-superbowl a "Top 5 at positions" might be kinda fun too. You don't have to do all the positions but I'd be curious to see what people see on film.

The team-mock drafts might be fun as it would be a bit daunting a bit much to do all 32 teams and have everyone post theirs and discuss it.

I'm drafting whoever has the top 5 vertical jumps

I miss the days when all I had to do was look at players 40 times to know who the Raiders were gonna draft.
Not really.

Artful, RaidersGAF or does anyone else know how DJ Hayden performed for the Raiders in his rookie season? Didn't follow him much.

Raiders are probably my second team if the Lions didn't exist. Plus the Raiders winning a Superbowl would lead to mass riots and structural damage to the city of L.A. which would lead to more construction jobs for contractors and there employees like the 1994 Northridge Earthquake.

He played like a rookie, made some mistakes but definitely showed a ton of potential. A full off-season will be great for him. A lot of people forget that he missed all of training camp.

Even so he made an impact through the 8 games he played, he was the only rookie CB with 2 forced turnovers. And even though he wasn't technically a starter he was in on 65% of defensive snaps against opposing teams no.1 WR and the defense gave up 23 ppg with him up until the Eagles game when he was injured, after that the defense gave up an average of 36 ppg without him. He changed the whole dynamic of the defense.

I'm up for whatever as far as mock drafts are concerned. I don't have Manti to threaten people with this year though.:)

EDIT: Giants have a new QB coach. Oregon States offensive coordinator, Danny Langsdorf:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2014/01/danny-langsdorf-to-be-giants-new-qb-coach

The Giants are about to have a new QB coach.

A source confirmed that Danny Langsdorf, Oregon State's offensive coordinator, will be named the team's new QB coach. He will replace Sean Ryan. Ryan is expected to be reassigned to a different post.

Langsdorf has a connection to the Giants through new offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo, who he worked with in New Orleans in 2004. He also has a unique connection to just-retired Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride; he gave a kidney transplant to Gilbride's sister, Laurie Cavanaugh, who is married to Oregon State offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh, in 2007 to help her treat autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The olympics are almost here. Presenting the Norwegian curling team:

norwegian_curling_uniform.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Did a 5 round mock on fanspeak
QB JOHNNY MANZIEL
TEXAS A&M
G CYRIL RICHARDSON
BAYLOR
WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
FLORIDA STATE
S DEONE BUCANNON
WASHINGTON STATE
WR JARED ABBREDERIS
WISCONSIN
RB KA’DEEM CAREY
ARIZONA
ILB KHAIRI FORTT
CALIFORNIA
OT SEANTREL HENDERSON
MIAMI

jakncoke

Banned
Is Haley still sticking around? Did he and Ben ever make up?

Haley isnt going any where sadly, but I think Ben is opening up to Haley offense. On the plus side Ben played all 16 games and all the snaps which hasnt happened for a Steeler since like the 50s if I remember the factoid right. If Ben repeats this year and extend his career then I guess i'll have to white flag my hate of Haley

Narag

Haley isnt going any where sadly, but I think Ben is opening up to Haley offense. On the plus side Ben played all 16 games and all the snaps which hasnt happened for a Steeler since like the 50s if I remember the factoid right. If Ben repeats this year and extend his career then I guess i'll have to white flag my hate of Haley

the 50s? holy shit

Awesome blog post by Earl Thomas:

http://www.earlthomas.com/2014/01/25/take-nothing-granted/

He goes into a lot of detail about the NFC CCG. Explains what it was like from his perspective on that ridiculous TD throw by Kaepernick to Boldin.

Seriously worth a read. One of the more honest and insightful articles I've read written by a player.

I admit I'm a huge fan of his. I feel like despite all the pub Seattle gets he's somehow almost under rated.

Awesome blog post by Earl Thomas:

http://www.earlthomas.com/2014/01/25/take-nothing-granted/

He goes into a lot of detail about the NFC CCG. Explains what it was like from his perspective on that ridiculous TD throw by Kaepernick to Boldin.

Seriously worth a read. One of the more honest and insightful articles I've read written by a player.

I admit I'm a huge fan of his. I feel like despite all the pub Seattle gets he's somehow almost under rated.

no thanks. the seachickens and their religious cult of players can eat a bag of dicks. only peypey can save us now

Narag

no thanks. the seachickens and their religious cult of players can eat a bag of dicks. only peypey can save us now

Might like this much at least:

PRAISE FOR KAP

That was the first time Colin Kaepernick ever ran wild on us like that. Watching tape of him, we’d always see these explosive plays that he was getting against other teams.

It never really happened to us until last week.

He’s a fast guy as it is, but he seemed even faster when you take into account the game plan they ran against us. It was unusual. They really seemed to want to keep the ball in his hands.

They were running phantom routes like they were trying to get open, but they were just decoys so Kaepernick could run, almost like it was a draw. It makes it tougher to get to him because you have to deal with blockers already down the field. It’s always going to be a mismatch. When he gets into that second level with the linebackers, he’s going to out run them nine times out of 10.

Sometimes, he can even separate from players in the secondary.

One of his strengths as a runner is his height. He has such long strides, it causes you to misjudge his speed. It doesn’t look like he’s running that fast. But once you get close to him, his stride is so long, he’s just running away from you.

To watch that guy take over the game — he did a hell of a job of making play after play. That’s a special player right there. He plays for the 49ers, one of our biggest rivals, but I have to take my hat off to him. He played a hell of a game.

He also throws one of the hardest balls in the league, almost like a baseball player, and it comes out like a fastball. Hot. The play I had against Boldin in the end zone, Kaepernick was jumping up in mid-air as he threw. That was a dime. I was kind of surprised he even threw it. They usually don’t when I’m that close in the area.

Boldin kind of gave me the look of a crease route, like a post, so I tried to keep my eyes glued on him. In those situations when a quarterback scrambles, it becomes a little chaotic and you just want to try to stay with your man. Those are tough situations when you have to run in circles with your receiver. He’ll kind of push off as you try to find the quarterback, and now you’re trailing him as the quarterback makes a hell of a throw.

It was good offense vs. good defense and as a defender, I just think it was better offense. I should’ve made that play, but there’s nothing I can do to change it. You just have to stay positive. The only thing I’d correct: I’d probably keep my eyes on Boldin a little bit longer so that I was in better proximity with the quarterback throwing the ball. I still thought I had a chance at the interception — that’s why I cut him off — but I have to at least get my whole hand on that ball and tip it incomplete.

It’s a learning experience.

Top Bottom