• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Bread

Banned
You're the accountant so I'll trust you with my funds. I recently got approached by a Nigerian prince, maybe he wants to invest as well!
i've heard great things about nigerian princes

i spent my allowance on some titanfall stock baby! OPEN BETA WOOOOOOOOOO

im gonna OD on some video games first time since 2011
ask your dad for a pc so you can play rust and kill eznark with me

we already have a fellow pats fan deep undercover in his group

rando14

dutch would you like to partner up and start the first tom brady news network? we could just follow him around and post daily updates in the offseason thread.

God yes! That's like my dream job!

great, so i'll just need $200,000 to get the business up and running. simples will your dad invest in us?

You're the accountant so I'll trust you with my funds. I recently got approached by a Nigerian prince, maybe he wants to invest as well!

i spent my allowance on some titanfall stock baby! OPEN BETA WOOOOOOOOOO

im gonna OD on some video games first time since 2011

:jnc

Here you go, Dutch. I just started the off season thread. Enjoy. Post Tom Brady pictures to your heart's content.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744133

I'll just move to the soccer thread.

At least those guys want me there, unlike you ;_;!

Laugh now.

I'm with squicken. Belichick is stealth firing his staff. Too many guys leaving for it to be a coincidence.

Wonder what this all does for Bill. He always talked about how much he respected the Niners for keeping on winning going from Montana to Young.

Maybe, maybe, Bill is already moving on from Brady, setting it all up for his next big run after Brady leaves.

That or he leaves us with Brady and we all crash and burn and move to Connecticut.

I would like to think it's this scenario

Anthony DiMoro said:
Apparently #Dolphins owner Stephen Ross kept calling GM candidate Ray Farmer "Roy" during interview. And they wonder why they're a joke

lyCUq.gif

JABEE

Don't leave, Dutch. The offseason thread will settle these tensions.

The Eagles will sign Jarius Byrd and all will be fine.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mel Kiper gives the Lions Draft Class from 2013 an A.

He was high on the Detroit Lions' 2013 NFL draft from the start, grading the team as a B in the days following the draft.

Now, with a season of evidence, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. had an even higher opinion of how the Lions did.

He gave them an A.

Kiper particularly praised what we have also praised in this space all season long -- general manager Martin Mayhew and senior personnel executive Brian Xanders' ability to find talent in the later rounds of the draft and also after the draft with undrafted free agents.

It was in the undrafted free agent pool, where the Lions picked up starting right tackle LaAdrian Waddle and starting tight end Joseph Fauria, that really made Detroit's rookie class even more impressive.

To read Kiper's whole evaluation, click the link here .

To give a quick recap, here's a look at Detroit's rookies and where they fit in with Detroit last year.

•First round -- Ziggy Ansah, DE: Starter. Led rookies in sacks with eight.

•Second round -- Darius Slay, CB: Contributor. Showed promise toward the end of the season.

•Third round -- Larry Warford, RG: Started every game this season. Was one of the top guards in the league and perhaps the steal of the draft.

•Fourth round -- Devin Taylor, DE: Contributor. Played more and also had more consistency toward the end of the season

•Fifth round -- Sam Martin, P: Starter. Was in the top 10 for punters for most of the year. Could be with the team longer than anyone else in the locker room right now.

•Sixth round -- Corey Fuller, WR: Practice squad all year.

•Sixth round -- Theo Riddick, HB: Mostly a special-teams player, but turned into a reliable contributor there throughout the season.

•Seventh round -- Michael Williams, TE: On injured reserve all season.

•Seventh round -- Brandon Hepburn, LB: Practice squad all year.

•Undrafted -- LaAdrian Waddle, RT: Starter by midseason. Tackle of the future for Detroit.
•Undrafted -- Joseph Fauria, TE: Contributor/starter. Became a legitimate red zone threat and should see a bigger role in 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lio...r-loves-the-lions-draft?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Mayhew Da Genius and Xanders the Mathematician.

I really expect Darius Slay to be our #1 DB next year. The guy was on any reciever he faced, like Brandon Marshall, like glue. I think he should add about 10 lbs of muscle during the offseason.

Wonder what this all does for Bill. He always talked about how much he respected the Niners for keeping on winning going from Montana to Young.

Maybe, maybe, Bill is already moving on from Brady, setting it all up for his next big run after Brady leaves.

That or he leaves us with Brady and we all crash and burn and move to Connecticut.

Maybe that's just it. Purging the Brady-era staff, getting ready to reload in the draft.

Dig my rhymes?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Anyone play The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? Worth $12.49?

I have doubts about Jar Jar. It's interesting you brought up Troy as the comparison. Troy started no games in his rookie season and in spot duty, as a safety, he picked up 2 sacks and a forced fumble with 29 tackles, 9 assists and 4 passes defensed compared to Jones who started 8 games at outside backer, got 1 sack, 31 tackles with 10 assists and 4 passes defensed. Troy also moved into the starting position the next season for all 16 games, I'll be stunned if Jar Jar is a day one starter next season. He needs one hell of an offseason of bulking up and training and a terrific mini camp. I won't call him a bust yet, but he's got a long way to go.

Oh really? Who's going to start at olb? Going to sign Worilds, keep Woodley, and have $25M/yr locked up at that position?

To say Jarvis Jones or Troy Polamalu played as bad as Adams did last year is taking the piss also this was Adams 2nd year, although he did move from RT to LT which might of been the main issue.

Fine. Use Cam Heyward as my example, then. Should've cut bait with him for sure. Couldn't get on the field except for special teams and mop up duty.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Joe Lombardi, Vince Lombardis grandson, and former Saints QB coach is excited to work with Stafford:

“The good news is that he’s not broken, that much is clear,” Lombardi said, via Yahoo! Sports. “There’s an awful amount of talent there. His arm is something to behold. We used to sit in the Saints quarterback room and just marvel at his passes — all the depths, the whole field in play. He really can sling it. That’s a great thing to have. I am not worried about Matthew. I am excited to be working with him, and we’ll get started soon. I can’t wait.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/joe-lombardi-on-matthew-stafford-hes-not-broken/

I really like this hire by Coach Caldwell and his press conferences have been refreshing after the same old Schwartz coach talk.

If you're a gambling man put $50 on the Lions winning the Super Bowl next year with the amount of talent this team has. Small investment, huge payoff when it happens.

The talent will just keep stockpiling with this upcoming draft and our #10 pick.

bionic77

How many posters will Gata get banned from snitching on us in OT for calling Brady Tammy or shitting on the Pats?

Over under 15.

Joe Lombardi, Vince Lombardis grandson, and former Saints QB coach is excited to work with Stafford:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/joe-lombardi-on-matthew-stafford-hes-not-broken/

I really like this hire by Coach Caldwell and his press conferences have been refreshing after the same old Schwartz coach talk.

If you're a gambling man put $50 on the Lions winning the Super Bowl next year with the amount of talent this team had. Small investment, huge payoff when it happens.

You're going to get trolled for this, but the Lions do have a crazy amount of talent and I could still see them making a run at it all. I actually like the Caldwell hire. He may not be the biggest flashiest name, but he should bring that team some much-needed discipline after the last few years with Gym Shorts. All depends on if Stafford can take the next step though.

MechDX

So earlier when Kubiak was rumored for the Browns OC Rapport tweeted this:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6h
Hear there’s interest in Gary Kubiak for #Browns OC job. Would make sense, given team’s FA love for RB Ben Tate, who’d be in the same system

To which Tate responded very quickly:

Ben Tate ‏@BenTateRB 4h
No RT @hayscountyHT: @RapSheet Reunited and it feels so good. @BenTateRB

I knew there was friction between Tate and Kubiak. Ever since that 2012 Divisional game where Tate never saw the field. Just an example of Kubiaks favoritism.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You're going to get trolled for this, but the Lions do have a crazy amount of talent and I could still see them making a run at it all. I actually like the Caldwell hire. He may not be the biggest flashiest name, but he should bring that team some much-needed discipline after the last few years with Gym Shorts. All depends on if Stafford can take the next step though.

It's a small investment for a big prize. I plan to put that money down on the Lions and maybe with one other team that has lower odds (Steelers? Chargers?)

Stafford has proven himself to be an elite QB when he has talent in the WR corps (2011 season). Even when his WR corp or RB corp is depleted he still puts up big numbers. I have faith he'll take the next step.

squicken

All Teams estimated cap space for 2014 as of right now:

http://i.imgur.com/xOvt3lw.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

Not that it is as bleak, but sometimes I think Dallas and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh should just Raiders and take a couple of years of medicine to clean their cap up

Top Bottom