• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started following them the minute we got them. I loved football, but didn't support a team. I was a kid, so I did what my grandpa did, and he said "fuck the colts," and "fuck the skins."

I'm a fan of Baltimore. I remember waiting up late to see if we would get an expansion team and was crushed when they picked Jacksonville and Carolina, as we were one of the other finalists. I remember Baltimore's team would have been Baltimore Bombers. Glad we didn't get one and it turned out as it did.
Interesting, thanks for answering. I'm determined to find a Ravens fan that was once a Browns fan

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Maybe. But they both come off pretty bad in the whole exchange.

Also, this wasn't included in the linked post but after sobbering up(?) McCoy first tried to claim his Twitter was hacked and then just deleted his account. Facepalms all around.

I laugh every time these people say their account was hacked as an excuse.

tmdorsey

So Steelers-GAF, which are you guys rooting for: Your division rival to be denied a championship or the 49ers not tying your team in most Superbowl wins?

So Steelers-GAF, which are you guys rooting for: Your division rival to be denied a championship or the 49ers not tying your team in most Superbowl wins?

The thing is not only would it tie wins, but we've never lost and the steelers have lost multiple superbowls so the niners would be the undisputed greatest franchise in NFL history

WedgeX

Banned
I think this is more apt

Bloody-Knife.jpg

The Baltimore Long Knives.

It works!

Rooting for the refs, the commercials and for something colossally egrigious to happen that creates a huge rift in the Harbum family for all time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I also wish they'd bring back the skills competition.

Or a reality type display where you can have the top chef of the NFL or something....or a Madden competition. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the personalities of the players on display.

They definitely can do a "fastest man in the NFL" competition. Shouldn't have to worry about injury doing a sprint in a straight line.

Miguel

I also wish they'd bring back the skills competition.

Or a reality type display where you can have the top chef of the NFL or something....or a Madden competition. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the personalities of the players on display.

They definitely can do a "fastest man in the NFL" competition. Shouldn't have to worry about injury doing a sprint in a straight line.
QB Challenge was the best.

Everyone says it's a weak class, but their will still be some quality Qbs out of the group. We laugh now but Barkley really might be a option for them haha.
I don't want my brownies to grab a Qb from this draft, not in the 1st-3rd rounds atleast. Maybe Manuel

squicken

What's the worst that could happen?

Drafting Gabbert one spot ahead of JJ Watt?

Wrong year to draft a QB early. Do what Seattle and SF did. Get the rest of the team built up, then go after the QB. 2013 is a lost year for NY, at least if they are smart. Burn it down and start over. Should have fired Rex but Woody seems pretty bad at being an owner that was that

mr2xxx

Banned
Everyone says it's a weak class, but their will still be some quality Qbs out of the group. We laugh now but Barkley really might be a option for them haha.
I don't want my brownies to grab a Qb from this draft, not in the 1st-3rd rounds atleast. Maybe Manuel

After the senior bowl it seems all the mid-tier guys stock dropped even more except for Manuel. T.Wilson and Nassib sucked and now Landry might not even be draftable. Sucks for any team looking for QB this year.

After the senior bowl it seems all the mid-tier guys stock dropped even more except for Manuel. T.Wilson and Nassib sucked and now Landry might not even be draftable. Sucks for any team looking for QB this year.
Here's a after senior bowl mock I saw http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/2013-nfl-mock-draft/mock-draft.html
Also ive always hated Landry, so glad he didn't come out last year so I didn't have to worry about the Browns taking him.......but then again we did take Weeden at 22

Anyone watch Archer? Just started it on Netflix.
Or anyone have anything good to check out on the Flix?

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever (Not hyperbole). Its very much a drama but it has plenty of dark humor as well.

As for comedy, Arrested Development is awesome if you watch it from the start.

I wanna watch No country For Old Men.
Anton Chigurh looks like such an evil motherfucker.

A very good film. It sometimes takes two viewings before it clicks though.

I'm not trying to sound like a Buckethead either. Most of the people I know didnt like it or "get it" until they gave it another shot and then, BAM. So awesome.

Archer is hilarious. I like Portlandia
Heard about Portlandia, might check it out next
Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever (Not hyperbole). Its very much a drama but it has plenty of dark humor as well.

As for comedy, Arrested Development is awesome if you watch it from the start.
yeah I love breaking bad, waiting for season 5 to be added, and I've seen all of Arrested dev multi times.
Tobias: when people hear the name Tobias they just assume I'm some big black guy, but I'm not very big at all.

Heard about Portlandia, might check it out next

yeah I love breaking bad, waiting for season 5 to be added, and I've seen all of Arrested dev multi times.
Tobias: when people hear the name Tobias they just assume I'm some big black guy, but I'm not very big at all.

I dunno then. I'd suggest the Wire but thats not on there.

Mad Men is a favorite of mine but some people dont mesh with how slow it can be.

jakncoke

Banned
A very good film. It sometimes takes two viewings before it clicks though.

I'm not trying to sound like a Buckethead either. Most of the people I know didnt like it or "get it" until they gave it another shot and then, BAM. So awesome.

I didnt really care for it in my first watch, the 2nd i was like woah awesome why didnt i like this before.

Expendables 2 was awesome

Cant wait to see what old geezers they pull out for 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom