• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
simpsons seasons 3-10 can never be touched, not even by vintage south park. family guy has some funny episodes (even though gaf hates it) but it's inconsistent. archer is pretty funny too. i checked out the first 2 episodes of bobs burgers on netflix and thought it was alright but i dont know if im going to watch anymore than the 2 episodes i saw. the life and times of tim on hbo is pretty hilarious to me

i couldn't get into the cleveland show or ugly americans at all. american dad is alright. i feel like im missing a couple cartoon shows

Gobias

Banned
The Wire is better

The Wire's writing may be better and it may have actual important stuff to say, but Breaking Bad is just a lot more engaging, while the Wire can be very slow. Everything from the acting, direction, cinematography ect. is just a lot more entertaining in Breaking Bad. It's a show where you can watch episode after episode and never want to stop.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'll never understand how people like Family Guy(well ya they think its funny, but i dunno its eh to me)

It was great until the later seasons where there's 1000x more "lol religion" and other assorted agendas being awkwardly shoved in by Seth Macfarlane.

It was great until the later seasons where there's 1000x more "lol religion" and other assorted agendas being awkwardly shoved in by Seth Macfarlane.

i feel like seth macfarlane is just involved in name only. he's got a staff of writers now and i'm not sure how much he actually contributes aside from the voices anymore

Gobias

Banned
simpsons seasons 3-10 can never be touched, not even by vintage south park. family guy has some funny episodes (even though gaf hates it) but it's inconsistent. archer is pretty funny too. i checked out the first 2 episodes of bobs burgers on netflix and thought it was alright but i dont know if im going to watch anymore than the 2 episodes i saw. the life and times of tim on hbo is pretty hilarious to me

i couldn't get into the cleveland show or ugly americans at all. american dad is alright. i feel like im missing a couple cartoon shows

Archer and Venture Brothers are the two best animated shows on TV right now

Edit: Current South Park also gets too much hate

Narag

I lean more to South Park/Simpsons.

Speaking of todays cartoons or whatever. Bobs Burgers wasnt bad for s1, shame netflix dont got more added. Also i really just get called a hipster by the king of hipsters. My life is over isnt it?

I think you were just knighted, Sir jakncoke.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
i feel like seth macfarlane is just involved in name only. he's got a staff of writers now and i'm not sure how much he actually contributes aside from the voices anymore

Whoever is writing the material has turned the character Brian into a heavy handed mouthpiece for the show. The comedy just seems a lot different from the first few seasons. But yeah, having 3 animated shows probably makes it hard to write great material for all 3.

Narag

Whoever is writing the material has turned the character Brian into a heavy handed mouthpiece for the show. The comedy just seems a lot different from the first few seasons. But yeah, having 3 animated shows probably makes it hard to write great material for all 3.

Pretty sure at one time Brian was Seth's personal soapbox. No idea nowadays though.

Can we agree to disagree and confirm the fact that both The Wire and Breaking Bad are both very very good?

theptadisbands6.png

Doomsayer

Seth McFalrlene has 3 shows? He has Family Guy and American Dad, but that's all I know of?

How does a guy with two terrible shows get a third?

ari

Banned
Never understood the love for the wire. Season 1 and 3 was good, season 2 was a joke and 4/5 seemed way to jerky and wasn't even about a wire. lol

Anyway, Breaking bad is godly.

EDIT: That Ben Affleck Oscar snub seems silly, he just swept every directing award from every important show. From the directors guild and golden globe to the critics selection. He just now picked up another from the screen guild awards. Strange to recognize him at the other shows but not the Oscars. meh

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
EDIT: That Ben Affleck Oscar snub seems silly, he just swept every directing award from every important show. From the directors guild and golden globe to the critics selection. He just now picked up another from the screen guild awards. Strange to recognize him at the other shows but not the Oscars. meh

Old Fucks are Going to be Old Fucks!

Isn't the Academy like 50+ in age, most are old farts that need to be removed

+ Oscars is all about politics + getting the vote by *coughing*Weinsteining*coughing*

Translator Note: Weinsteining = Moneyhatting

jakncoke

Banned
I went to Georgia once to pick up my cousin from ft.benning. fuck your high way system trap all over. also going 80 in a 65 and seeing a cop pass you going like 90 with no lights on was a very :jnc/:supertroopers moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom