• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
602709_10151190994861722_1298100916_n.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is there a White House petition for more female nudity in films?

Feel like there is more male today

I'd sign this if I were American.

I can already think of two movies I've seen in the last few years that show full fledged dick.

Just finished watching the "game." Definitely a better effort from last year, JPP was playing like it wasn't the pro bowl. Although Dumerville could have drilled Eli. lol.

Also was pretty funny Cribbs dropping the TD and they still called it one. At least he had a legitimate catch later in the game. Farewell to Phil Dawson as well!

Tony Grossi, who has been one of the biggest forces keeping Art Modell out of the Hall of Fame, has been conducting an informal poll to determine if attitudes have changed about Modell following his death.

And no surprise, Browns fans still don't want him in.

This makes me glad because Grossi was considering softening his opposition if Cleveland fans weren't behind him anymore. (Grossi will be speaking in opposition to Modell's candidacy immediately prior to the HoF vote.)

eznark

Banned
Interesting, Songs From A Ghost Town might just be their best album. Only 4 more months 'till they come to Amsterdam. So excited! Have you ever seen them live ?

I guess I did a few years ago but I had no idea that I had. My sister lives in Duluth and I was talking about them over Christmas and she said we had all gone to a live show at some dive bar in like 06 and they played. I did meet them at a cool record store there called Electric Fetus or some such.

As with most bluegrass bands they've gotten further away from the banjo-centric themes as they've gotten more established. No idea why that is.

No football means I can go to bed before 5 am and be somewhat productive on Mondays. So that's a good thing I guess.
Your dedication to the world's greatest sport is admirable, even if your motives are most likely impure (as evidenced by the team you chose, or more accurately sold your soul, to cheer for).

Never understood the love for the wire. Season 1 and 3 was good, season 2 was a joke and 4/5 seemed way to jerky and wasn't even about a wire. lol
Yeah, no. Season 4 is one of the finest seasons of television out there.

In football news:

dam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Browns LB coach Billy Davis interviewed Sunday for Philadelphia Eagles DC job. Davis is the former DC for the 49ers and Cardinals

I took my daughter to a birthday part this weekend, and when we walked in the house, there was an entire wall of framed photos of NFL players, the majority being the Niners. Turns out, the father works for the NFL as a sideline photographer, spending like 10 years with the Niners and the last few with the Raiders. There was one awesome photo of Terrell Owens glaring at him, which was after he trampled the dad during a MNF game going out of bounds. There was also a photo of him with Bill Walsh a few weeks before Walsh died. He said he was rooting for the Ravens because he wasn't fond of the Niners organization, but did say most of the players were nice. Interestingly enough, he said the biggest asshole he encountered was Alex Smith, and the nicest were Steve Mariucci and Pete Carroll.

I took my daughter to a birthday part this weekend, and when we walked in the house, there was an entire wall of framed photos of NFL players, the majority being the Niners. Turns out, the father works for the NFL as a sideline photographer, spending like 10 years with the Niners and the last few with the Raiders. There was one awesome photo of Terrell Owens glaring at him, which was after he trampled the dad during a MNF game going out of bounds. There was also a photo of him with Bill Walsh a few weeks before Walsh died. He said he was rooting for the Ravens because he wasn't fond of the Niners organization, but did say most of the players were nice. Interestingly enough, he said the biggest asshole he encountered was Alex Smith, and the nicest were Steve Mariucci and Pete Carroll.

Cool story. Dem entitled first overall picks, man. *smh*

eznark

Banned
Everyone loves Mariucci. No one more-so than the coach on the other sideline. Supposed to be just an awesome guy though.

Dragon

Banned
I'm sure Pete Carroll is an awesome guy, I'm sure I'd be awesome too if I banged co-eds, smoked pot and surfed for 10 years in southern California.

I'm sure Pete Carroll is an awesome guy, I'm sure I'd be awesome too if I banged co-eds, smoked pot and surfed for 10 years in southern California.

:jnc

Pete sure lived the good life in SC. Now he's stuck with banging co-eds, taking Adderal and sitting in the rain in Seattle.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why does it have Raven for Defense int the OT? Aren't the Niners ranked #4 and Raven #17?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm glad you included this disclaimer.

In other news, Suh is a hero and has preserved Louie Anderson for future generations.

TMZ says that Anderson was practicing his dives Wednesday when he became exhausted and couldn't lift himself out of the pool. After Anderson "nearly sank," Suh and erstwhile Olympic diver Greg Louganis had to physically lift him out -- which can't be an easy task, if we do say so ourselves.

Louie Anderson isn't going to "sink".

How was the Pro Bowl? I didn't even check the topic or catch highlights.
It was still bad at times but more watchable than the wrecks that have been put on the field in previous years. Some of the younger guys played hard (JPP, Watt etc.)

Schaub was wow worthy though as mentioned. You have to be a special kind of awful to not put up numbers in a game where defense is optional and hardly anyone is really trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom