• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger not giving the Saints back their second round pick:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/saints-wont-get-this-years-second-rounder-back/

The Saints got coach Sean Payton back a bit earlier than expected, but they won’t be getting their second-round pick back.

Goodell mentioned that during an online chat on Reddit.com, via the New Orleans Times Picayune.

Asked if there was any chance of the team getting back the pick, Goodell replied: “No, the penalty will continue to include the 2nd round draft choice in 2013.”

Fox318 said:
I see alot of jets bullying here
image.php

eznark

Banned
I thought you were joking.

Out of curiosity, is he the first openly gay NFL player?

FMT/Rors; If I get banned for this post, I'll just use AIM and XBL to schedule my Madden games.

He wasn't openly gay when he played. That nobody who was making the rounds a couple weeks ago Wade Davis said there are a handful of guys who don't hide the fact that they are gay playing right now.

AlexMogil

[–]Loate 887 points
Dear Commissioner. I was curious about what you thought on the role of traumatic injury in the NFL, and the dichotomy between making the game safer versus giving the fans the hard hits and satiated bloodlust they so clearly desire. It seems to me that a lot of the popularity of the game boils down to the fact that there is that risk of injury, so I guess what I'm essentially asking is how are you going to balance that going forward without people feeling like you're never going to give them up, or never going to let them down?

[–]NFL_Commish 171 points
The game of football has always been tough and always will be. Even before the NFL was founded, President Teddy Roosevelt called the college presidents in to make sure that the safety issues of the game were addressed since there had been 17 deaths in 1905 alone. From there came the first and ten, forward pass and the inception of the NCAA. Since then, the game has flourished while sticking to the fundamentals of fair and competitive football. Our football coaches and executives wanted to bring the game back to the fundamentals of tackling and blocking. We have seen some of the best NFL football in our history during this season's playoffs. Hope we finish with another great one on Sunday.

[–]Loate 930 points 1 hour ago
Fair enough. I have a follow up question then. When a football is sailig through the air, whether it be a punt or a field goal, does it sound more like "wooooooosh"? Or is it a shorter flight and thus more like "whoosh"?

Chris Kluwe is hilarious.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Fireman Ed tattled on Sanjuro for smoking in the stadium(which he says he wasnt) and Sanjuro got kicked out of the game. Thats why Sanjuro mad salty

Maybe he should have thought about that before smoking up his reefer in the stadium that Namath built.

‏@mikejurecki #BuffaloNews

reporting Roger Goodell not welcome at several bars in New Orleans, a small bar near 49ers hotel wont serve him. #XtraSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom