• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

The Jets were fucked once Sanchize didn't pan out. You couldn't miss on a top-10 QB pick under the old CBA or you were fucked for years. See: Bradford, Sam.

Fox318

Revis is signed for just 1 more season though, he also wants huge money and is coming off an injury. I dont think they will be able to trade him but they are in horrible situation with the cap, and are really lacking in talent. If they have a piece that could help fix some of their problems they should use it. You are right that they should have fired Rex though. Jets are in a worse situation now then when he took over the team.

Only reason the cap is shit right now is because of uncertainty at QB.

Take that out of the equation and the team has enough cap space to make a few moves but they can't miss on their draft picks.

They knew that the Revis contract was a band aid and now they have to live with it.

Ride it out this year and franchise tag him next year and work out a longer deal with him then to see how his knee is.

The Jets were fucked once Sanchize didn't pan out. You couldn't miss on a top-10 QB pick under the old CBA or you were fucked for years. See: Bradford, Sam.

Jets fucked up with the extension. The contract that he originally signed was great because it was so front loaded.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
6a00d8341c648253ef01157084e317970c-400wi

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Now we can drink beer in name of the king instead of a Queen.

The Dutch monarchy has a pretty crazy history. The French, Germans, and Spanish (because why? Empire that's why!) all getting involved at some point or another.

Probably would have been fine as a republic but by golly kings were in high fashion during the imperialism era.

Edit: on further reflection, "stadtholder" probably didn't sound as sexy as "king".

Only reason the cap is shit right now is because of uncertainty at QB.

Take that out of the equation and the team has enough cap space to make a few moves but they can't miss on their draft picks.

They knew that the Revis contract was a band aid and now they have to live with it.

Ride it out this year and franchise tag him next year and work out a longer deal with him then to see how his knee is.

Jets fucked up with the extension. The contract that he originally signed was great because it was so front loaded.

Revis' contract has a clause that says he cannot be franchise tagged. If he doesnt reign this year he will walk for nothing at the end of the season.

Like I said, Pro-Bowl likely safe another year cause folks were actually trying...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/goodell-noticed-improved-quality-of-pro-bowl/

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reports that the league is considering its options for the future of the game, but that the consensus was that the on-field product was “much improved.” Game quality, timing and location are topics they reportedly want to discuss with players, including the possibility of playing the game at the site of the Super Bowl after swaths of empty seats greeted this year’s game.

ChanHuk

Banned
Revis trade makes sense. The Jets aren't a CB away from a Super Bowl or even a playoff push. Well they are if the savior is still on the roster but he's on the bench.

Miguel

You are the problem
Lol. That show was so awful. Only part I remember is the one skinny Brooklyn dude whining that he was hungry and was going to go ask someone at Burger King for food even if it cost them some sort of penalty or something.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fuck that. That bum would fail anywhere else. Graduated system QB who can't even make a proper sideline throw.

I'm shocked Belichick hasn't done this yet. If Brady fails hard elsewhere, may as well put the dark lord's picture up next to Bill Walsh.

or a picture of a camcorder instead

Fox318

When do we get to the point where football is played with robots?

No salary
No injuries
As much head hunting as possible
Bring back banned formations
No draft busts

Dragon

Banned
Hilarious: http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/...?id=590536-learn-how-to-watch-a-football-game

• $10 ($50 value) for an online course on how to watch an American football game
• Taught by a former Boston College athletic director and a networking expert
• 3 hours of content and 8 video lectures provide step-by-step instruction on demand
• Score networking tips, like which events to attend and how to strike up a conversation
• Learn the fundamentals of football, and you'll soon be cheering at all the right moments -- touchdown!

Fuck that. That bum would fail anywhere else. Graduated system QB who can't even make a proper sideline throw.

71399a59a4c357e17bff6fd4a5c123f2.jpg

What is he drinking there, a wine cooler?

Dragon

Banned
BTW the Goodell AMA is pretty hilarious as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/17fylz/iam_roger_goodell_nfl_commissioner_ama/

[–]Loate 887 points 1 hour ago
Dear Commissioner. I was curious about what you thought on the role of traumatic injury in the NFL, and the dichotomy between making the game safer versus giving the fans the hard hits and satiated bloodlust they so clearly desire. It seems to me that a lot of the popularity of the game boils down to the fact that there is that risk of injury, so I guess what I'm essentially asking is how are you going to balance that going forward without people feeling like you're never going to give them up, or never going to let them down?

[–]NFL_Commish 171 points 34 minutes ago
The game of football has always been tough and always will be. Even before the NFL was founded, President Teddy Roosevelt called the college presidents in to make sure that the safety issues of the game were addressed since there had been 17 deaths in 1905 alone. From there came the first and ten, forward pass and the inception of the NCAA. Since then, the game has flourished while sticking to the fundamentals of fair and competitive football. Our football coaches and executives wanted to bring the game back to the fundamentals of tackling and blocking. We have seen some of the best NFL football in our history during this season's playoffs. Hope we finish with another great one on Sunday.

[–]douche_bigalo 423 points 1 hour ago
Did you practice this handshake for many hours? How has your street cred improved since said handshake?
aUgE0.gif

[–]NFL_Commish 877 points 41 minutes ago
When I met with the players the day before the draft, Melvin asked if I would give him a special handshake. He showed it to me and then we practiced one time. It was fun, glad I didn't screw it up for Melvin.

[–]Siffilis 313 points 1 hour ago
Would you consider allowing more extensive touchdown celebrations again?

[–]NFL_Commish 341 points 54 minutes ago
This rule gets reconsidered by our Competition Committee every year. We think we have a good balance between sportsmanship and natural enthusiasm. We want the players to be able to celebrate without taunting the opponents and casuing a retaliation.
I'd be interested to see how other fans feel: do we want more?

[–]vinnyv18 270 points 1 hour ago
Any chance the Saints get back their 2nd round pick for this years draft?

[–]NFL_Commish 328 points 59 minutes ago
No, the penalty will continue to include the 2nd round draft choice in 2013.

[–]ThaddeusJP 401 points 1 hour ago*
Hello Mr. Goodell – welcome to Reddit.
To start things off, there is a HUGE NFL following on reddit (/r/nfl <--- click here to see the main section) and pages for every team with their own dedicated followers. We are extremely passionate about the game and are constantly talking about all things NFL. You&#8217;re going to get insightful and hard-hitting questions about EVERY aspect of the game itself, the league, and how things have been/will be done. We look forward to your answers!
My question:
In regards to expansion: There is clearly a huge market in Europe, South America, and many other parts of the world. People are talking about overseas expansion. Is there a long term plan to bring new NFL teams to the rest of the world?
Thank you for your time! - Thad, A Browns fan

[&#8211;]NFL_Commish 352 points 56 minutes ago
Thad, glad to hear that Reddit is so passionate about NFL football. Hope you all have enjoyed the season as much as I have.
We expanded our regular season series in London to two games this year. So far, we've seen the same passionate support for the NFL in London, based on ticket sales to date. If our game continues to grow in London, it would not surprise me if we had an NFL team in London someday.

[&#8211;]NFL_Commish 470 points 1 hour ago
I notice there are a lot of questions on socks. This is a matter initially judged by a former player at the game called the Uniform Inspector. It is part of our effort to look and act professional at all times. There is a standard fine for violations that our Football Operations department issues on a routine basis. This is a system that was put in place in the 60s and has served us well.

[&#8211;]jdi_nit 349 points 1 hour ago
Thanks so much for stopping by here. I wanted to know:
Just how important is Rich Eisen to the NFL Network and shouldn't he get a raise?

[&#8211;]NFL_Commish 722 points 1 hour ago
Thanks for your question, Mrs. Eisen!
We are proud of the work Rich does on the NFL Network. It has been gratifying to see the growth and success of the Network, which he is a big part of.

[&#8211;]Pixelpaws 74 points 1 hour ago
What's a rule currently in place in the NFL that you expect to change within the next couple of years?
What's a rule NOT in place that you think needs to be implemented?

[&#8211;]NFL_Commish 80 points 48 minutes ago
We're reevaluating all low blocks on defenders. I would anticipate that there will be changes in this area. These rules are studied very carefully by the Competition Committee, which is made up of GMs, owners and coaches, including with input from the players, and then voted on by the full membership. The reason they get such careful analysis is to make sure we understand the unintended consequences of any rule changes, and that they can be officiated with consistency.
For more on the history of our rules changes, visitwww.NFLEvolution.com

jakncoke

Banned
Oh, nice Timewarner extended my the bar graph to 300 gb, so maybe they dont have a cap for me after all?

Edit; lawl there count isnt even accurate. they got me using 40 gb on 2 days in the past 4 months, and using 1-2 gb when i wasnt even in town and was using my parents internet(verizon) heathen scumbags

Draxal

I wonder if that BC AD is DeFelippo, one of the worst snakes in the business. A guys which pretty much every fan hates.

I wonder if that BC AD is DeFelippo, one of the worst snakes in the business. A guys which pretty much every fan hates.

Yeah it is

DISCLOSURE - This event was filmed in front of a live audience at the British Consulate in Boston, MA on January 8, 2013 at the chapter meeting of the Greater Boston ASTD .

With Super Bowl is around the corner, I decided to upload the class so you can enjoy right away rather than spend hours perfecting the video.

CBS Sunday Morning with Bill Geist filmed this event. There are times when there are multiple cameras angles but it's not too distracting.

There were ~ 100 in attendance from 7 countries.

Welcome to Water Cooler Football - where football and networking meet to have fun!

You’re at a party with a football game on, people cheer and you have no idea what happened – do you feel left out?
At a meeting someone says, “let’s do an end run” – do you feel lost?
When you hear “football” do you think people mean soccer?
If you don't know how to watch a football, you maybe left out. This can have a negative impact on your career and perhaps social life.

Join former Boston College Athletic Director, Gene DeFillippo, and published author and networking expert Diane Darling as they talk about football and how to watch it.

You'll also learn some best practices for networking. How to pick your events (aka "whether report"), how to get into a conversation, and .... how to get out of one. What are some best ways to follow up?

Learn how to be a part of the game with tips and from Gene and Diane. (And wait until you hear how they met!)

Through 7 video lessons, we share with you all the fundamentals you need to know about American football...Simply watch, take notes and have fun!

You can fast forward and repeat as you need.

BONUS - You'll also get excellent tips on networking. You'll learn

How to pick events
How to get into (and out of) a conversation
Best ways to follow up
What to do when you fumble in networking (eg don't follow up)

eznark

Banned
[–]NFL_Commish 80 points 48 minutes ago
We're reevaluating all low blocks on defenders. I would anticipate that there will be changes in this area. These rules are studied very carefully by the Competition Committee, which is made up of GMs, owners and coaches, including with input from the players, and then voted on by the full membership. The reason they get such careful analysis is to make sure we understand the unintended consequences of any rule changes, and that they can be officiated with consistency.

JJ Watt to have 6,000 sWatts

Miguel

They should leave the real NFL alone, set up a 2nd 32 team league, have it all be international teams, then have the Flaccos of the world curbstomp those posers in the World Bowl or whatever they would call it.

Also

The San Salvador Salvadorians would destroy the Monterrey Vaqueros 19-10 on ESPN deportes

eznark

Banned
They should leave the real NFL alone, set up a 2nd 32 team league, have it all be international teams, then have the Flaccos of the world curbstomp those posers in the World Bowl or whatever they would call it.

Also

The San Salvador Salvadorians would destroy the Monterrey Vaqueros 19-10 on ESPN deportes

Jets might be able to break .500 in that league.

Also

The San Salvador San Salvadorians would destroy the Monterrey Vaqueros 19-10 on ESPN deportes

fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom