• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Is there any football guy whose name you could put into that inequality and make it untrue? I really cant think of one. Jerry has made himself into a laughingstock over the years.

ncf_a_dooley2_sy_200.jpg

Tennessee_Dooley_Foot_Jone_r600x400.jpg

...wait a minute!

Former Tennessee coach Derek Dooley joins Dallas Cowboys

Talon

I'm sure the conversation went:

Fisher: We have shit safeties, and you're known for installing an absurd amount of fronts and plays, which makes it difficult for your players to acclimate with the limited snaps in practice. Will you narrow down what fits our personnel well, so that our secondary doesn't get exposed when someone misses an assignment?

Rob Ryan: Fuck that shit. I need everyone to see that I'm the most brilliant coordinator of all time!

Fisher: ...

squicken

Mort did local radio in STL and said it was a scheme issue. I don't care. So many defensive coaches on that team anyway. btw Mikell is okay at SS. It's that Dahl is literally a historically awful football player at FS that killed them all year

GQman2121

Banned
I love the precedent that having the SB at the Meadowlands sets. If all goes well, Baltimore and DC will be in the running within the next five years. With it's size, I'm sure FedEx will be first.

eznark

Banned
I like that there are two QB's there. It's a nice image to really shit in the mouths of the victims families. Ray sacks these guys so murder don't matter.

xnipx

You sound like a casual fan to me. You're also wrong. Die-hard fans DO spend that much to head to the game, problem is not all Super Bowl teams have those fans or have those tickets readily available.

I sound like a casual fan because I understand the goal is to make money? Inconveniencing fans and sponsors for some fake tough guy image doesn't make the game any purer

Dragon

Banned
I sound like a casual fan because I understand the goal is to make money? Inconveniencing fans and sponsors for some fake tough guy image doesn't make the game any purer

You sound like a casual fan because you're more interested in inconvenience than the product on the field.

Deer-antler velvet extract? wut?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-may-have-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

How are they not making money by having the game up north?

xnipx

You sound like a casual fan because you're more interested in inconvenience than the product on the field.
Cold weather with a chance of snow/ice rain makes the product on the field worse....

Did you guys enjoy the browns steelers game when it was cold and raining hard as shit and ended like 6-3?? Was that pure football??

Bowser

“Spray on my elbow every two hours?” Lewis asked Ross regarding the extract, via Philly.com. (Quotes from the conversation don’t appear in the free online version of the Sports Illustrated article; presumably, Philly.com gleaned the info from the full article.)

“No,” Ross said. “Under your tongue.”

Later, Lewis asked Ross to “just pile me up and just send me everything you got, because I got to get back on this this week.”

The problem for Lewis is that the extract contains IGF-1, which is on the NFL’s list of banned substances. For the NFL, the problem is that Lewis will retire after Sunday. So there’s really nothing that can be done — unless Lewis admits to it on Tuesday and the league puts the investigative process into the highest gear possible.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-may-have-used-banned-substance-to-recover-from-torn-triceps/

Ray Cheater Lewis retiring as a scum bag. God is good, god is great amirite Ray Ray?

Sanjuro

How is money a factor? The NFL practically prints it. You're telling me people will shy away or turn off the television from a snow Super Bowl? It'll be used in promos until we die.

Cold weather with a chance of snow/ice rain makes the product on the field worse....

Did you guys enjoy the browns steelers game when it was cold and raining hard as shit and ended like 6-3?? Was that pure football??

Hahaha, oh wow.

xnipx

When did I tell a lie? Snow and rain don't improve the product on the field. Nor do they improve fan experience/Super Bowl week

Wrayfield

No, no, no, sonny, rain and snow games are the shit!

Sanjuro

When did I tell a lie? Snow and rain don't improve the product on the field. Nor do they improve fan experience/Super Bowl week

Who said anything about "improving" the product? I just don't enjoy the idea of putting them in a shitty location, away from any possible element. The entire time, you're harping on telling me Arizona is a wonderful place for football. :jnc

Also, the greatest football game I've ever attended was a snow game. Unless I was a Raiders fan...

GQman2121

Banned

Speak for yourself. It's that higher scores = better product mentality that has watered down the product over the years. It's a guessing game for defenders out there on what is and is not allowed.

eznark

Banned
I told myself "today I will learn what the fuck reddit is good for"

So far it's been a miserable failure. The fuck, how do you even use that garbage site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom