• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens new logo:

ray-lewis-antlers-copy.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Van Pelt had on the Doc involved with Ray that he's denying. I can see where all the god talk came from, as the Doc was just going off about how the deer antler medicine was created from God and can't be banned because of that.

Bowser

"Ray has been randomly tested for banned substances and has never failed a test. We have never been notified of a failed test. He has never been notified of a failed test," Kevin Byrne, vice president of communications for the Ravens, told ESPN.

butwaitaminute!!

The NFL, in its infinite wisdom, banned IGF-1—but does not actually test for it. Even if Ray Lewis chugged a bottle of Ultimate Spray before pissing in a cup, he wouldn't get caught

http://deadspin.com/5979930/ray-lewis-reportedly-used-a-banned-substance-for-years-but-no-one-cares-because-its-football

smh

squicken

i think the future gold mine of the internet is content filtering. There's so much info now that is aggregated, that there needs to be something that just blocks all of what you don't want. Like I don't want to Randy Moss vs Rice stories. I want something that filters Twitter, Google, and my RSS feed from showing any posts or tweets related to that. For those that Facebook, same thing. Filter posts to your wall.

Who wouldn't use a service that did that? It could be you portal page or whatever. APIs to pull from all the social media and news sites or whatever. There has to be a better way to deliver content, both mainstream and user/social generated

Could apply to next gen consoles. Filter me away from any Halo 5 map that is a re-make of Lockout. Or Counter Strike 2 and dust remakes.

Tamanon

Banned
i think the future gold mine of the internet is content filtering. There's so much info now that is aggregated, that there needs to be something that just blocks all of what you don't want. Like I don't want to Randy Moss vs Rice stories. I want something that filters Twitter, Google, and my RSS feed from showing any posts or tweets related to that. For those that Facebook, same thing. Filter posts to your wall.

Who wouldn't use a service that did that? It could be you portal page or whatever. APIs to pull from all the social media and news sites or whatever. There has to be a better way to deliver content, both mainstream and user/social generated

Could apply to next gen consoles. Filter me away from any Halo 5 map that is a re-make of Lockout. Or Counter Strike 2 and dust remakes.

Is that how you're dealing with not getting Rob Ryan?

Bowser

Tweetbot (iOS only) has a mute filter that kinda does this:

How does the mute feature work?

Muting is a simple way to temporarily (or permanently) hide tweets from people you follow. When you mute someone, you can select a predefined duration to hide their tweets.

You can mute specific services or keywords by going to the mute tab and hitting Edit, then the plus button.

Finally, you can mute hashtags by holding down on a hashtag and selecting the mute option.

Muting only hides tweets from your timeline. They don't hide mentions or direct messages.

http://tapbots.com/support/tweetbot/

bionic77

Fuck this Ray Lewis news is bad for Ravens haters like me.

Ray being guilty of something prior to a SB game and Randy Moss playing for the other team all but guarantee some kind of bullshit Ravens victory (even though the Niners are the better team, not a good team but better than the Ravens who are borderline garbage).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
But they aren't Bills fans. Versus the Chickens it was, at best, a neutral field game. They give away a home game. It drains their ability to win

Because money.

Pretty much what he said.

Trust me there are Bills fans here but those fans are smart enough to not pay ridiculous prices for what will be a watered down atmosphere when they can spend the same cash and drive a few hours south for a lot better product.

If Toronto wasn't so non fun more people would go to these games. You can't even tailgate up here!

jakncoke

Banned
Pretty much what he said.

Trust me there are Bills fans here but those fans are smart enough to not pay ridiculous prices for what will be a watered down atmosphere when they can spend the same cash and drive a few hours south for a lot better product.

If Toronto wasn't so non fun more people would go to these games. You can't even tailgate up here!

Wow, thats pretty lame. Although I think some NFL teams are cracking down on tailgating because a small segment is drinking from 8 to just before kickoff and coming in shit faced drunk and acting like assholes and being heathen scumbags.

squicken

Is that how you're dealing with not getting Rob Ryan?

haha

It doesn't really bother me one way or the other. I really trust Fisher with the defense, whoever he hires. Ryan apparently had some issues with the rest of the defensive staff. Once they had their first meeting, he and or Fisher decided not to go through with it.

edit: Thanks for that info on Twitter, Bowser. Sounds great

bionic77

Tailgating is generally better than the actual game, can't imagine going without it.
Not everyone is a Jags fan dude.

Some games can be pretty awesome and more enjoyable that talking shit, throwing footballs around the parking lot and eating shitty food in the cold.

Tailgating is generally better than the actual game, can't imagine going without it.

I mean if you go to a game and don't tailgate it's pretty pointless, I agree. Watching NFL games is usually better on TV without it.

Wat? I don't know what kind of seats you guys normally sit in, but NO. If you have good seats watching in person cannot be beat especially with the energy and knowing your shouting can impact the opponents game, if only a little. I've never tailgated before but it certainly isn't necessary to have a fantastic experience going to the game. I do always want to pluck someone's BBQ on the way to the stadium entrance, however.

squicken

Asked about the case today, Lewis said he wouldn’t get into the details and he doesn’t think the assembled members of the media should be asking about it.

“Nobody here is really qualified to ask those questions,” Lewis said. “I just truly feel that this is God’s time, and whatever his time is, you know, let it be his will. Don’t try to please everybody with your words, try to make everybody’s story sound right. At this time, I would rather direct my questions in other places. Because I live with that every day. You maybe can take a break from it. I don’t. I live with it every day of my life and I would rather not talk about it today.”

?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is this "doctor" some other guy, or one of the 2 wacko's with the magnet bracelets made of Deer Piss?

BigAT

Maybe no one in the room was a criminal lawyer or law enforcement official.

Or maybe Ray Lewis is a murderer who doesn't want to talk.

I don't know, he seemed pretty quick to squeal on his friends when a plea deal was offered. Seemed like the guy LOVED talking about it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom