• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Im just glad Saints fandom is unblemished by other shitty bandwagon teams in the Gulf south. Like us or hate us, we have solid control of the area and it keeps the fanbase together and interested. I dont have to walk around seeing Cowboys and Patriots and Steelers flags everywhere.

jmdajr

Favorite team by county, per Facebook likes

bbzikaycuaaiqqqz4s7f.png

Damn Texans fan portion looks so small, but HOU is the 4th largest city. Still, fucking Dallas fans everywhere.

Montana sure is confused.

Bowser

lol Rob Ryan had already started attending Rams staff meetings before the Rams basically killed the deal:

Per Schefter, Ryan and the Rams indeed reached an agreement on January 24. Ryan began attending team meetings, but Rams officials “felt uncomfortable” about Ryan’s fondness for a 3-4 defense. The Rams have been a 4-3 team.

Per Schefter, conflict over whether St. Louis would change schemes led the sides to ultimately “cancel the marriage” with Ryan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/why-the-rams-broke-up-with-rob-ryan/

squicken

lol Rob Ryan had already started attending Rams staff meetings before the Rams basically killed the deal:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/29/why-the-rams-broke-up-with-rob-ryan/

The Rams staff is very experienced. I will dog them all day about the shit offense, but the defense is going to be fine. McGinnis was a DC and HC for decades, so was/is Fisher. Chuck Cecil was a DC for a few year. They aren't going to hire some guy to come in and run the defense. It will be very much collaborative, with the DC really being the play caller as opposed to head dude in charge of scheming. Blake Williams was fired for personality conflicts, and it seems like Ryan kind of went the same way

Seems like they are going after Jauron. CLE's D wasn't bad last year, but the choice is hardly inspiring. But like I said, I trust Fisher to get the defense right

mr2xxx

Banned

This makes no sense. The Rams defense was pretty good last year, no reason to blow it up but they got a 3-4 guy to run it. I'm assuming Rex knew he would run a 4-3 since that would of been communicated to him from the get go but know it becomes a problem? It just seems odd, probably a better candidate popped up and they decided to go with him.

Rorschach

Skyward Sword is the only Zelda I never finished once I started it. Bad times. Longest intro phase ever! Give me the tools and let me play, damnit! Also, gimmick controls shoehorned in ruined the combat and simple things like slashing things open.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Real talk:

I've only played Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. I only passed Link's Awakening out of those two.

BigAT

Skyward Sword is the only Zelda I never finished once I started it. Bad times. Longest intro phase ever! Give me the tools and let me play, damnit! Also, gimmick controls shoehorned in ruined the combat and simple things like slashing things open.

I'm a huge Zelda fan and haven't beaten Skyward Sword. I was about two hours in and it was just nothing but hand-holding still, to the point that it was really insulting. I look at it collecting dust and feel like I should get back into it, but the idea of playing it feels more like work than anything.

cajunator

Banned

I enjoyed the gimmick controls. In that game they weren't as much of a gimmick though as in Twilight Princess. that game shoehorned them in. Skyward Word was pretty cleverly designed specifically around them and for the most part it worked pretty well. The game did drag towards the end with the collectathons, but the dungeon designs are some of the finest in any Zelda. A couple of the dungeons had me grinning the whole time because they were so awesome looking and clever. Definitely the main highlight of Skyward Sword. but it had many highlights.

Rorschach

I'm a huge Zelda fan and haven't beaten Skyward Sword. I was about two hours in and it was just nothing but hand-holding still, to the point that it was really insulting. I look at it collecting dust and feel like I should get back into it, but the idea of playing it feels more like work than anything.

Feel the same way. I might get back to it some day.

Skyward sword or Twillight princess? I know I already like Tp, played it alittle

TP. The combat is a million times more rewarding. Once you get all the moves, the last level is awesome. They throw a bunch of enemies at you so you can combo like crazy. That last part was a lot of fun.

That said, I haven't finished SS, so maybe there's something in there like that, but the first umpteen hours of that game will put you to sleep.

bionic77

SS was way better than TP. The combat and dungeons were perfect later on.

Intro was weak though and so was the note shit at the end.

Gobias

Banned
Nothing wrong with that.

Though 64 was really epic when it came out. I doubt it has aged well. Games have changed a lot since then.

I think both 64 games have aged well, despite not being as impressive as they once were. I would say Majora has aged better than Ocarina though.

Still haven't played Majoras mask, inwas hoping for the HD remake. I'll just Play it on VC. Atleast WW is in HD now, never played that too

bionic77

I think both 64 games have aged well, despite not being as impressive as they once were. I would say Majora has aged better than Ocarina though.
Can't replicate playing Zelda64 when it came out though. Even MM tried to build on what the champ did.

Wonder if we ever get leaps again like we did back in the 32 bit days. A lot of shit feels so stale now.

cajunator

Banned
SS was way better than TP. The combat and dungeons were perfect later on.

Intro was weak though and so was the note shit at the end.

Agreed. I like it more. TP did have some pretty stellar dungeon designs too though. most Zeldas had great design.
As a fan of cute things I loved the intro parts, but I didnt like the tadtones. Those can get fucked. I was unspoiled by the
Imprisoned
so when he showed up I was like HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Fighting that thing is so epic.

Didn't they remake one of these games? Or am I dreaming things?

They did remake OOT, for 3DS.

Gobias

Banned
Still haven't played Majoras mask, inwas hoping for the HD remake. I'll just Play it on VC. Atleast WW is in HD now, never played that too

Majora is the best one. WW would have been the best one with more challenging dungeon designs and adding in the cut content. Fuck what others say, sailing around and exploring islands was fun. Game looks amazing too.

cajunator

Banned
Majora is the best one. WW would have been the best one with more challenging dungeon designs, and adding in the cut content. Fuck what others say, sailing around and exploring islands was fun. Game looks amazing too.

My favorite Zelda right there. The recent announcement of an HD WindWaker has me excited beyond words. I can't even describe how excited I am for that.

bionic77

Agreed. I like it more. TP did have some pretty stellar dungeon designs too though. most Zeldas had great design.
As a fan of cute things I loved the intro parts, but I didnt like the tadtones. Those can get fucked. I was unspoiled by the
Imprisoned
so when he showed up I was like HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Fighting that thing is so epic.

They did remake OOT, for 3DS.
What was the
imprisoned
? Was that the last boss?

effzee

Can't replicate playing Zelda64 when it came out though. Even MM tried to build on what the champ did.

Wonder if we ever get leaps again like we did back in the 32 bit days. A lot of shit feels so stale now.

Exact reason why Zelda fans sit around nitpick every single new Zelda game.

They want that same feeling going from 2D to 3D. The TOOT experience probably won't be replicated ever again.

MM>TOOT

SS is awesome! Perfect? No but damn good.

Gobias

Banned
My favorite Zelda right there. The recent announcement of an HD WindWaker has me excited beyond words. I can't even describe how excited I am for that.

I don't like he look of the art style so far, but I'm gonna hold of judgement until I actually see it in motion unlike those people on the gaming side. I really hope they add in substantial extra content too, although I doubt it.
I was unspoiled by the
Imprisoned
Fighting the that thing three times was annoyingly awful

18-1 aint the only one with ***** anymore ;)

Ravens**** :p.

Skyward sword was really boring with the numerous fetch quests but the dungeons were great.
Never finished twilight princess cause i got lost after the desert dungeon.

I bought a 3DS for the OoT remake and i played the N64 a ton and the gamecube port a ton, it was still good.

Majoras Mask is best zelda though, i have no idea how i got all the masks and 100% the game when i was 11 years old

bionic77

Indeed it is. Can't wait for Kaepernick to style all over the Ravens. Ray Lewis being sent straight to heaven after a win would be interesting too I guess.
Not going to happen. When Ray is caught being dirty he always wins the SB because in Obama's America that is enough for a not guilty and to clear your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom