• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

beast786

Our 3 running backs (Foster/Tate/Forsett) have more talent and can move the ball better than the list of scrubs you posted. I do not fear the NFC North at all other than the Packers and that game will be at Reliant on Sunday night. The stadium will be rocking like you wouldnt believe and it will be one of two statement games the Texans have this year.

Brandon Pettigrew was #3 in NFL with Receptions for TE
Calvin Johnson #1 in TD for WR

Titus Young our 3rd WR for lions has more TD for Receptions last year than ANY WR FROM Your team.

Unless you are planning to put all 3 running backs at the same time. Enjoy a draft position battle for the 2nd half of the season.

Wes

venison crêpe
Nice write up Kave. I actually think Josh Cooper will make the 53 just because of his Weeden connections. I think it'll be Mitchell who gets pushed back. Mitchell has always showed promise but he consistently seems to end up on the bikes during pre-season training rather than taking reps.

Little and MoMass #1 and #2.

With Gordon and Benjamin behind, followed up by Norwood and Cooper.

MechDX

Brandon Pettigrew was #3 in NFL with Receptions for TE
Calvin Johnson #1 in TD for WR

Titus Young our 3rd WR has more TD for Receptions than ANY WR FROM Your team.

Unless you are planning to put all 3 running backs at the same time. Enjoy a draft position battle for the 2nd half of the season.

We will win our division while sleepwalking while you will continue to be the Packers bitch.
feels good to say that, fuck you Manning!
We continued to win with our 3rd string, 5th round rookie QB last year going into the playoffs and were one play away from the AFCCG. You lost in the first round by blowing it against the Saints. Dont need to rely completly on a high octane, quick strike offense when you can pound the ball at will and play dominanting defense.

Can not wait for the meltdowns when Johnson injures himself or half your team wind up in the pen and your offense goes to complete shit.

beast786

We will win our division while sleepwalking while you will continue to be the Packers bitch.
feels good to say that, fuck you Manning!
We continued to win with our 3rd string, 5th round rookie QB last year going into the playoffs and were one play away from the AFCCG. You lost in the first round by blowing it against the Saints. Dont need to rely completly on a high octane, quick strike offense when you can pound the ball at will and play dominanting defense.

Can not wait for the meltdowns when Johnson injures himself or half your team wind up in the pen and your offense goes to complete shit.

Its not a 3rd string when that is the best QB in your team. Dominating defense... Mario Williams was a smart guy to leave ,he knows your team would be fighting for the first round pick as usual. Enjoying rotating your 3 running backs. Cant wait for cycle to continue.

Simple logic says this is a team that should be a juggernaut in 2012
It's too bad simple logic more often than not doesn't apply to the NFL. Even if a team only has a 1/10 chance of beating its opponent , it's the possibility of seeing that one win that makes the NFL so enticing. It's why I love the sport, really.

I personally think the Texans should win that division but I'm fully ready for a team like the Titans to be a surprise, etc.

Greg

It's too bad simple logic more often than not doesn't apply to the NFL. Even if a team only has a 1/10 chance of beating its opponent , it's the possibility of seeing that one win that makes the NFL so enticing. It's why I love the sport, really.
Giants/Packers

salty, I know :(

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Dolphins QB David Garrard, listed atop Miami's depth chart, has suffered a knee injury that will prevent him from playing tonight vs. TB.

David Garrard was expected to start tonight but suffered a mysterious knee injury that some Dolphins players still do not know about.

Chris Mortensen @mortreport

#Dolphins QB David Garrard is expected to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery soon, sources say. No projection on recovery. Details coming.

Greg said:
Giants/Packers
Is that you CLAY!?

You saved me the need to post the salt mound pic!

2/10 if we count '07? Right? Al Harris is still looking for his clothing after Plax left him naked in the fetal position on the field.

David Garrard was expected to start tonight but suffered a mysterious knee injury
Tannehill or Matt Moore going all Tonya Harding on Garrard's ass.:jnc

Greg

Is that you CLAY!?

You saved me the need to post the salt mound pic!

2/10 if we count '07? Right? Al Harris is still looking for his clothing after Plax left him naked in the fetal position on the field.
games led by Favre were always 50%

this is the 10% Rodgers era

Imagine what would have happened if McCarthy had benched Favre like he wanted to and ARod went on to slay the Patriots.

tumblr_lqmb58zs8J1qcafvv.gif

Garrard hurt YES!!!! Thank god we dont have to waste time watching him go nowhere with our team. Since our coaches have zero clue what they are doing and dont want to let Tannehill start its good to see his chances getting better to do so by default.

Well here is to the start of another miserable Dolphins season... yay...

MiamiWesker said:
Since our coaches have zero clue what they are doing and dont want to let Tannehill start its good to see his chances getting better to do so by default.
?

I know you Fins fans are jaded as fuck but it seems your front office has more to do with your team woes than the coaching staff. Philbin seems like a solid head coach working with a team starved for talent at key positions. I know it's the latest thing to throw rookie QB's to the wolves and damn their development but it's a crap shoot and if Tannehill can sit behind a vet and absorb the offense - why not? It's not like you're contending for anything right now.

squicken

Lauren's husband's got to step in and save the day.

Lauren Tannehill is the third best looking wife on that team. Worse than Misses Chad and that white TE's wife

Yep. Said the same after it aired, though the O/U on Chad's Twitter marriage is about 10 seconds after he retires.

Sucks for the Phins. Now they have to play Moore. Rookie franchise QBs don't need other young QBs on the roster offering potential alternatives. Hurts Kolb in AZ. Will hurt Sanchez in NY. Will hurt Tannehill.

Garrard hurt YES!!!! Thank god we dont have to waste time watching him go nowhere with our team. Since our coaches have zero clue what they are doing and dont want to let Tannehill start its good to see his chances getting better to do so by default.

Well here is to the start of another miserable Dolphins season... yay...

That sucks for Garrard. He did decent in jville for 2007 but couldn't keep it up. If only Matt Jones and Dennis Northcutt could hang onto the ball against the pats. Garrard was going head to head with Brady until they fucked up and dropped TD passes that hit them in the chest and hands.

Please let Ponder look like an NFL quarterback.

?

I know you Fins fans are jaded as fuck but it seems your front office has more to do with your team woes than the coaching staff. Philbin seems like a solid head coach working with a team starved for talent at key positions. I know it's the latest thing to throw rookie QB's to the wolves and damn their development but it's a crap shoot and if Tannehill can sit behind a vet and absorb the offense - why not? It's not like you're contending for anything right now.

Eh, Let Matt Moore start with Tannehill as backup. Hell, I'm sure Tannehill will play the second half tonight.

Wouldn't be a Giants game without a long list of folks out with injuries. Official list of those not playing tonight:

#19 WR Davod Douglas (too bad! He's been having a great camp and I was looking forward to seeing him!)
#24 CB Terrell Thomas
#33 RB Da'Rell Scott
#43 LB Jake Muasau
#57 LB Jacquain Williams
#59 LB Michael Boley
#65 OT Will Beatty
#69 DE Justin Trattou
#95 DT Rocky Bernard

PUP List guys not playing:

TE Travis Beckum (knee)
LB Clint Sintim (knee)
WR Hakeem Nicks (foot)
DT Chris Canty (knee)

WR Dominik Hixon who's vying for that #3 WR spot is apparently also out. He has a slight hamstring injury. No issues with his sugically repaired knee.

The young LB'ers on the team should get a ton of playing time. Same for the WR's like Ramses Barden who's on the bubble and Jernigan/Randle as well.

Undrafted FA Will Hill is looking to get the start as the third safety and Osi/JPP are both listed as starters for the RDE spot. (good luck with that Blaine!)

Junie12

So the Phins are playing tonight huh, oh wow just read that Garrard was suppose to start but had a mysterious knee injury? Oh wow the luck of this team :(

Looks like Moore should be starting but I heard he's been doing pretty bad at practice though. Hope Tannehill is ready..

Update:

Kent Somers @kentsomers

Kevin Kolb wearing uniform pants and long-sleeve shirt warming up. Appears he's playing tonight. #CardsCamp

Looks like Kolb is playing tonight....will he start?
does anyone really care?

And a Dolphins update:

Dolphins will start Matt Moore tonight at QB.

Talon

Undrafted FA Will Hill is looking to get the start as the third safety and Osi/JPP are both listed as starters for the RDE spot. (good luck with that Blaine!)
I remember when he was the best athlete in the country after playing QB and S in High School. Teams were offering him a chance to play QB, but he went to Florida to play FS.

Talon- said:
I remember when he was the best athlete in the country after playing QB and S in High School. Teams were offering him a chance to play QB, but he went to Florida to play FS.
He's been blowing it up at camp getting praise from Coughlin (which doesn't happen often). Eager to see him play. He'll be taking over Deon Grant's role from last season.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
At least someone is representing. Sorry I don't live with all the doubt and pestimism you do about my favorite team.

If the Lions had made any effort at improving the secondary I'd be calling for an 11-5 season and a playoff win.

Since they didn't, 9-7 and missing the playoffs.

Dwayne Bowe reporting to camp:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/10/report-dwayne-bowe-agrees-to-report-to-chiefs/

Hours before the Chiefs open their preseason schedule at Arrowhead Stadium, reports out of Kansas City say that unsigned franchise player Dwayne Bowe is about to rejoin the team.

Because Bowe and the Chiefs did not reach an agreement before the July 16 deadline for franchise players to sign long-term contracts, he can now only sign a one-year deal with the Chiefs. So he has presumably decided to sign his franchise tender, which guarantees him a 2012 salary of $9.5 million. He’ll then become an unrestricted free agent again in March, or get franchised again with a tender amount of $11.4 million.

The Chiefs’ No. 1 receiver, Bowe caught 81 passes for 1,159 yards and five touchdowns last season.

------------------------------------------------

Cedric Benson close to signing with the Packers:

Chris Mortensen @mortreport

Cedric Benson is in Green Bay, expected to sign with #Packers, per sources

I guess fall forwards performance last night wasn't exactly inspiring?

YahooNoiseBrad Evans
My must-watch players tonight: 1) Doug Martin, 2) Jamaal Charles of KC, 3) Rashad Jennings, 4) David Wilson, 5) Kevin Smith
I'm going to keep a lookout on KSmith, dude has a chance to lockdown that RB job for the year with LeShoure being an idiot and Best not even cleared yet. I know barring injury Martin is going to be great for TB, and Charles has been saying he feels like he's ready to fuck. Interested to see what Wilson does also.
I guess fall forwards performance last night wasn't exactly inspiring?
But.. but ... HE FALLS FORWARD!

Top Bottom