• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Pimpwerx

Honestly, I wouldn't be so mad if that happened. Not only would we get rid of Ireland but we also have a chance of getting an elite talent with that pick. Definitely not the worst thing that could happen.

This might sound like blasphemy, but I liked Ireland's draft this last season. I'm willing to give him another chance. Then again, he might be the reason we didn't trade up for RGIII, so that would count against him. PEACE.

Slo

KWill, JAllen, and PERCY not playing tongiht? 9ers have a chance...

Edit: OH SNAP GUION MAKING KENDAL HUNTER LOOK LIKE A CHILD

here comes the 3 and out for our offense. then we can get kap and randy moss in for some cunningham style bombs!

p.s. lulz our 7th string RB is destroying the vikes shitty d-line

LJ11

Coples looked good! Wooo

Yeah, he did pretty good against the run/holding poa which was his forte in college. Just doesn't use his hands enough, kind of latches on and bulls through. Doesn't have quick get off, or use his length but I think the latter can be taught. May be a Canty type player at worst.

Maybin looked like he did with Bills. You can mitigate his short comings by moving him around, get him matched up on a back/TE in pass pro, shoot an open gap, but when he goes up against a T he just tries to circle around. He ends up 8 yards up field. No counter inside, doesn't have a good one, and doesn't flatten out and bend around the corner, too upright.

Sucks that they had both NY teams on tonight, wasn't able to watch much of the Giants.

LJ11 said:
wasn't able to watch much of the Giants.
Jayron Hosley was having a pretty great night until that last muffed punt.

Martellus Bennett looked great in both blocking and receiving and WR Isaiah Stanback had an amazing one handed grab from a beautiful pass from Carr. Eli was his usual solid self. 1st team did a lot of pretty effective running.

EDIT: So wierd seeing Jacobs in a Niners uni. Good luck big man!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Martellus Bennett looked great in both blocking and receiving and WR Isaiah Stanback had an amazing one handed grab from a beautiful pass from Carr. Eli was his usual solid self. 1st team did a lot of pretty effective running.

Hosley is looking like a player, hopefully he does step up. Showing great instincts.

I hope Andre Brown flashes a lot more this preseason.

LJ11

I saw the Stanback catch and the dropped ball by Jernigan, the Jernigan throw was so good too. Totally threw him open, live I thought they ran some switch on the outside to get separation but it was just a fade. Nice to have a QB that can throw that type of ball with ease.

LionsGAF, I can't watch the game but I see we are up 14-3. Two questions:

1.) How is our defense so far? Please say decent.

2.) How is the run game? I see Keiland Williams has like 8 YPC. Can we actually move the ball on the ground in some fashion?

Nameless

Wait Swain is still on the team? I thought we cut him? Too bad that'll probably be his only touchdown of the year.

He'll either go back to the practice squad until needed or get signed by the Seahawks like every other Niners reject if he scores another TD this preaseason.

Vikes have the right idea. Rest the first and second string in the first game

lulz, their starters are in. you can hope and pray and bring up whatever fucking nerd stats you want but nothing is going to make the rams a competitor in the nfc west. even if we faltered this year you are still the worst team in the division and probably the worst team in the league

Top Bottom