• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

LukeSmith

i think it's bullshit that the colts had peypey for over a decade and then luck falls right into their laps as peytons career is ending. goddell should've stern'd this draft pick somehow and not allowed them to get him!

nfl_g_montana-young_bipanel_576.jpg

Narag

i think it's bullshit that the colts had peypey for over a decade and then luck falls right into their laps as peytons career is ending. goddell should've stern'd this draft pick somehow and not allowed them to get him!

He'd still be a Colt if not for Gregg Williams bounty shit getting him hurt by the Redskins. Obviously the only fair solution is to strike every win Williams was party to and award Indy SB XLIV!

Kevtones

I like Isaiah Pead. Guy is well-rounded and he run up-field.

Luck is the real deal although let's see how he is against some more creative defense. Oregon beat him twice (by 20+ points) with consistent pressure.

What a fucking punt. 67 yards and it bounces out at the 1 yard line!?

I like Isaiah Pead. Guy is well-rounded and he run up-field.

Luck is the real deal although let's see how he is against some more creative defense. Oregon beat him twice (by 20+ points) with consistent pressure.

What a fucking punt. 67 yards and it bounces out at the 1 yard line!?

well of course he's not going to put up these numbers from the get-go in the regular season but just the fact that this is his first ever nfl game it is extremely impressive. doesn't matter if its against a mediocre rams D or not

Kevtones

well of course he's not going to put up these numbers from the get-go in the regular season but just the fact that this is his first ever nfl game it is extremely impressive. doesn't matter if its against a mediocre rams D or not

No doubt. I'm eager to see him against a Baltimore or the 49ers.

Still, he looked like the best player on the field which is particularly terrifying. Rookies are not supposed to look that comfortable that quick.

bluemax

Banned
Ænima;40933556 said:
I missed last nights game, out of curiousity how did Flynn look? His stats make it seem like he did a lot of dinking and dunking.

Solid if unspectacular. He didn't attempt a throw over 20 yards. When he got in rhythm the offense looked very sharp but he struggled behind the second team OLine.

Milchjon

Still, he looked like the best player on the field which is particularly terrifying. Rookies are not supposed to look that comfortable that quick.

Did you read this bit about him, about his first practice?

"He goes up to the line of scrimmage during blitz period, they set the protection, OK, the defense rotates a little bit early, he starts his cadence," Pagano explained. "He's got time on the play clock, and so he changes the protection. He throws out a code word, I'm not gonna tell you what that code word is, but he throws out a code word to change the protection because he recognized where the pressure was coming from.

"And we had to stop the play and re-huddle, because nobody knew what he was talking about.

Wrayfield

Look at that footwork. Stepping up in rhythm then into his left foot when he throws. Following through with his hand and almost pointing the pass in. That's what great QB's look like when they throw passes. It's not a coincidence that all the great ones look like that.

I really like the footwork, good stuff. Let's see in a real regular season game, but still... :)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can't believe you people are losing your shit over preseason games. Against the JV Rams no less.

You know who else looked good as a rookie in the preseason? Mark Sanchez. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?

Wrayfield

Can't believe you people are losing your shit over preseason games. Against the JV Rams no less.

You know who else looked good as a rookie in the preseason? Mark Sanchez. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?

Did he now? Nah, haven't seen such poise in him, regular season or preseason. Come on, man. We were out of football for half a year, one TD pass is enough to get everyone hyped :).

Top Bottom