• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

God I love Game Sale Blowouts!

I grabbed:

6GL95l.jpg

iZy7Ml.jpg

fsODAl.jpg

PS3:

Tekken Hybrid - $9.99
Rayman Origins - $9.99
Kane & Lynch 2 with the DLC... lolwat?!? - $7.99 (last copy too!)
Eyepet & Friends - $9.99
Sorcery -- $14.99
Move Pistol - $4.99
Rocketfish Headphone stand - $4.99
Rocketfish Headphones - $29.99
PSP Headphones + Remote - $0.99 x3 (cleaned out the stock, they only had 3 to begin with heh)

Feels so good!

was that headset stand on clearance? I never even saw it regular in store. Need something like that for my Sony PS3 bluetooth headset.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Edit: How many headphones do you need, GraveRobberX?

Mom's birthday present, she wanted surround sound-esque headphones

Those PSP ones I'll just give to family members

was that headset stand on clearance? I never even saw it regular in store. Need something like that for my Sony PS3 bluetooth headset.

Yeah Scooter, it's really $14.99 MSRP, it was marked down to $4.99
Link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...6165&st=rocket fish headphone stand&cp=1&lp=6

I grabbed it for my DPX21 Turtle Beaches

Best Buy is really killing it this year

Greg

Word, how terrible was that fucking scene? Barely made eye contact. Whatever, he may still be a good coach, it was just a cringe worthy conversation.
I guess I could see it coming off that way to some people considering the scenes that preceded it tried to set it up as a big issue, but it just seemed like some casual conversation while he was watching practice to me.

Benson signing official, 1-year deal.

Great move. Really hope he makes the team.

http://pckrs.com/tdje
If he wants on the team, he'll have to pass the forward-falling test.

LJ11

LJ, I totally resepct your opinion, but this one, really? Eye contact on the sideline during a 2 minute convo? Puhlease... Chad is gone anyway. for what that's worth.

Have you actually looked at how his eyes light up when they talk practice and actual football? He is a good one, I have a good feeling about Philbin. He is no Rex "I talk ouf of my fat arse" Ryan, but he is a detail dude who doesn't like divas like Chad. He'll get a good program together.

Eye contact is damn important when you're trying to get a point across. Chad was staring at him, but Philbin was looking away for the majority of the discussion which made the whole thing kind of awkward.

I'm not passing judgement on him based on that however, already praised Philbin earlier on the way he runs practice. It was just an observation, there's not much else that went on during that episode with respect to coach/player interaction. Who knows how things turn out, helps that they'll have the best QB in the AFC East in a few years, unless the Bills/Jets find a QB and the Pats clone Brady.

Rex is a damn fine defensive coach, lots of bluster but he gets so much out of the talent he has on D.

Wrayfield

Eye contact is damn important when you're trying to get a point across. Chad was staring at him, but Philbin was looking away for the majority of the discussion which made the whole thing kind of awkward.

I'm not passing judgement on him based on that however, already praised Philbin earlier on the way he runs practice. It was just an observation, there's not much else that went on during that episode with respect to coach/player interaction. Who knows how things turn out, helps that they'll have the best QB in the AFC East in a few years, unless the Bills/Jets find a QB and the Pats clone Brady.

Rex is a damn fine defensive coach, lots of bluster but he gets so much out of the talent he has on D.

Nah, fair enough. I though he was more awkward in the business meetings (which is even worse, what with Ireland, who I don't trust, calling the shots). I wasn't too concerned about the scene as he seemed to be looking at the field at the same time.

Edit: Love Rex as a D coordinator, not as a head coach.

Striker

Giants have waived undrafted DB Janzen Jackson. He'd been struggling in camp. #nyg

Dang. Thought he had something going for him when I read about him in mini camps and the OTA's. I wonder if Deon Grant gets a call - they have Tyler Sash, Will Hill, and some other bodies at Safety, still.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Logan Mankins is back at practice, fuck yeah.

And the Pats are reportedly welcoming Chad Clifton for a workout soon.

Mankins and Spikes are back which is great news. Mayo looked excellent in his new role and spikes can bring the pain in the middle. Clifton would be a good pickup as an insurance policy for the disaster that is solder... I'm still holding out hope they're just being cautious with Volmer.

Bad news though, Gronk in the bubble today. What the hell could've happened? Everytime we get back on track, we lose another one.

Was it true that Chad met his wife on Twitter? I couldn't tell if she was joking or not when she said that.

His wife is a star on some reality tv show called Basketball Wives. Dunno why anyone would be dumb enough to marry a chick who basically stars on a show about gold diggers

Colasante

Mankins and Spikes are back which is great news. Mayo looked excellent in his new role and spikes can bring the pain in the middle. Clifton would be a good pickup as an insurance policy for the disaster that is solder... I'm still holding out hope they're just being cautious with Volmer.

Bad news though, Gronk in the bubble today. What the hell could've happened? Everytime we get back on track, we lose another one.

Probably just keeping Gronk fresh. No reason to overexert him with 3 games in a 10 day span coming up soon.

cajunator

Banned
Nfl films is pretty amazing. I bought that huge America's game boxset a few years ago featuring every SB winning team up to 2005 and the footage and history told in it is really incredible stuff.

squicken

Tv and Internet out. Haven't seen game. Reports are bad. Remember I called colts as afcs champs pre-draft. Thinking of lll colts and luck. Bradford seems cooked. Harbs will own div for next decade. Pain train in STL till they move and get new QB. That's 5 years

LukeSmith

Tv and Internet out. Haven't seen game. Reports are bad. Remember I called colts as afcs champs pre-draft. Thinking of lll colts and luck. Bradford seems cooked. Harbs will own div for next decade. Pain train in STL till they move and get new QB. That's 5 years

Yep, Squicken attempt to change teams again inc

i like the new, rational squicken

Drakeon

Is there a worse CB tandem in the league than Oakland's?

Isn't detroits pretty bad? Especially without Aaron Berry (not that keeping him would have been a good idea given he clearly had huge off the field issues).

Admittedly, I have no idea who Oakland's CB's are.

Milchjon

The Only BEST THING IMO

I really can't think of a team sports league with better management right now, honestly. NHL can't get people to care, MLB doesn't seem to have a lot of parity, and the NBA is a joke. NCAA has a useless system, European soccer leagues are dominated by the same teams over and over and success can be bought.

Thw NFL does an admirable job IMO, especially when you factor in the balancing act that player safety forces them to do.

Sure, there are countless small and big problems, but everyone else does even worse.

Isn't detroits pretty bad? Especially without Aaron Berry (not that keeping him would have been a good idea given he clearly had huge off the field issues).

Admittedly, I have no idea who Oakland's CB's are.

Chris Houston is a solid corner, but we don't really have a legit 2nd. The rookie who shows promise, the Colts reject, and the up and downer all competing for the number 2 spot. Could be some long Sunday! Thems the pits!

Top Bottom