• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Milchjon

Can't believe you people are losing your shit over preseason games. Against the JV Rams no less.

You know who else looked good as a rookie in the preseason? Mark Sanchez. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?

Let's hear what Jim Irsay has to say:

@jimirsay said:
Historic beginning!!!!!!!!!!!!! The legend has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Lozada wants to press charges. Hard Knocks just got even better.

Godslay

Banned
Can't believe you people are losing your shit over preseason games. Against the JV Rams no less.

You know who else looked good as a rookie in the preseason? Mark Sanchez. HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?

He looks fundamentally sound, and poised. He made good decisions, and had some good plays. Nobody is losing their shit over him, they just recognize good QB play when they see it.

Wrayfield

Joe Philbin seems like a mousy pushover type of guy. I was cringing throughout his conversation with Chad on Hard Knocks.

I thought he was quiet and hesitant in the business convos. The talk to Chad was friendly but pretty clear. Especially the "What happens if he continues like that? Well, he could be gone." Seem like that decision has been made by Chad himself...

Drakeon

Fucking christ, I hate the colts. Cannot believe they get to have 2 franchise quarterbacks in a row. Guess I shouldn't be talking with Montana/Young, but I was too young to really appreciate those years (well, I got to see Young).

Holy fuck are the rams pathetic. They'll be bottom 5 in the league again this year.

Certainly wasn't expecting this game.

tumblr_lq35u5DjVG1qgs2zq.gif

Pretty much me the entire game. I know its the first preseason game... against the Rams.... but lots of good things today.

Biggest surprise to me today - Jerry Hughes looked good!

Oh, and Andrew Luck looking about as good as one could look right out of the gate, again, preseason or not.

Milchjon

You didn't actually think that she married Chad because of love, did you?

This whole thing is a farce.

Also, Hard Knocks is on Youtube. That first cut of the rookie Guard was pretty brutal. I don't think you can be really successful as a coach/GM in the NFL if you aren't pretty cold-blooded.

Wrayfield

Milchjon, you just want the Pats on Hard Knocks, is all. Truth is, there is enough camera action going on around the filthy Pats already :p

beast786

Look at that footwork. Stepping up in rhythm then into his left foot when he throws. Following through with his hand and almost pointing the pass in. That's what great QB's look like when they throw passes. It's not a coincidence that all the great ones look like that.

It also helps that there was no one 10 yards next to him. in both of those TD

Milchjon

Milchjon, you just want the Pats on Hard Knocks, is all. Truth is, there is enough camera action going on around the filthy Pats already :p

Nah, I don't really care actually. I don't need to see too much drama surrounding my team, and teams like the Jets have more extroverted and/or idiotic guys around. I can live with that. Also, Dolphins cheerleaders.

Milchjon

You could be rich if you married Vince Wilfork's wife for a month.

Would you?

They seem so happy together. Tearing them apart would make me feel so guilty, it's not worth the money.

Edit: I loooooove Wilfork. But whenever I see him on screen, I can't help but think "no way that dude lives beyond 50". I hope I'm wrong.

Edit 2: Walteur, that seems to be your favorite site on the net with how often you talk about it.

K-19

Banned
I am wondering how she is ranked on Athleteswives.com.

Edit: all the websites with pretty women are my favourite bruh.

JCizzle

No doubt. I'm eager to see him against a Baltimore or the 49ers.

Still, he looked like the best player on the field which is particularly terrifying. Rookies are not supposed to look that comfortable that quick.

I wish they were playing the Niners this year, I'm sure Harbaugh would give him a very "nice" welcome to the NFL since he knows him so well :(

They seem so happy together. Tearing them apart would make me feel so guilty, it's not worth the money.

Edit: I loooooove Wilfork. But whenever I see him on screen, I can't help but think "no way that dude lives beyond 50". I hope I'm wrong.

Edit 2: Walteur, that seems to be your favorite site on the net with how often you talk about it.

Who said anything about breaking them up? Love triangle, baby! That would be one hell
of a sandwich.

Wrayfield

I wish they were playing the Niners this year, I'm sure Harbaugh would give him a very "nice" welcome to the NFL since he knows him so well :(

I think you're buying into FMT's delusional shite a bit too much. One good year doens't make you the team to "welcome" rookies...

Wrayfield

Here's the thing, the life expectancy of an NFL player (5+ years) is about 55 years or so (claim some studies). Now, there are those who say, it's because of the head trauma, and there are those who say, it's because of bigger guys, linemen, mostly, not being prepared for a life after football. Eating the same amount of calories w/o the crazy workouts and suffering from cardiovascular problems... :( .......

LJ11

Joe Philbin seems like a mousy pushover type of guy. I was cringing throughout his conversation with Chad on Hard Knocks.

Word, how terrible was that fucking scene? Barely made eye contact. Whatever, he may still be a good coach, it was just a cringe worthy conversation.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
God I love Game Sale Blowouts!

I grabbed:

6GL95l.jpg

iZy7Ml.jpg

fsODAl.jpg

PS3:

Tekken Hybrid - $9.99
Rayman Origins - $9.99
Kane & Lynch 2 with the DLC... lolwat?!? - $7.99 (last copy too!)
Eyepet & Friends - $9.99
Sorcery -- $14.99
Move Pistol - $4.99
Rocketfish Headphone stand - $4.99
Rocketfish Headphones - $29.99
PSP Headphones + Remote - $0.99 x3 (cleaned out the stock, they only had 3 to begin with heh)

Feels so good!

Wrayfield

Word, how terrible was that fucking scene? Barely made eye contact. Whatever, he may still be a good coach, it was just a cringe worthy conversation.

LJ, I totally resepct your opinion, but this one, really? Eye contact on the sideline during a 2 minute convo? Puhlease... Chad is gone anyway. for what that's worth.

Have you actually looked at how his eyes light up when they talk practice and actual football? He is a good one, I have a good feeling about Philbin. He is no Rex "I talk ouf of my fat arse" Ryan, but he is a detail dude who doesn't like divas like Chad. He'll get a good program together.

LJ, I totally resepct your opinion, but this one, really? Eye contact on the sideline during a 2 minute convo? Puhlease... Chad is gone anyway. for what that's worth.

Have you actually looked at how his eyes light up when they talk practice and actual football? He is a good one, I have a good feeling about Philbin. He is no Rex "I talk ouf of my fat arse" Ryan, but he is a detail dude who doesn't like divas like Chad. He'll get a good program together.

2-14. Book it.

Top Bottom