• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

cajunator

Banned
Tv and Internet out. Haven't seen game. Reports are bad. Remember I called colts as afcs champs pre-draft. Thinking of lll colts and luck. Bradford seems cooked. Harbs will own div for next decade. Pain train in STL till they move and get new QB. That's 5 years

Just stick with one team and ride that shit out.
It makes it so much better when the teams fortunes turn.

cajunator

Banned
I really can't think of a team sports league with better management right now, honestly. NHL can't get people to care, MLB doesn't seem to have a lot of parity, and the NBA is a joke. NCAA has a useless system, European soccer leagues are dominated by the same teams over and over and success can be bought.

Thw NFL does an admirable job IMO, especially when you factor in the balancing act that player safety forces them to do.

Sure, there are countless small and big problems, but everyone else does even worse.

I agree.
As much as goodell is fucking things up, the NFL is still one of the most balanced and interesting sports leagues in the world.
The league more than almost any other emphasizes teamwork and strategy. Football is amazing.

filler

Banned
Is there a worse CB tandem in the league than Oakland's?

110BF43750265A4A3C07D2

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Probably just keeping Gronk fresh. No reason to overexert him with 3 games in a 10 day span coming up soon.

I agree, they've done similar with other players throughout camp, it's just a stressful thing when they're always one step away from putting it all together. One day it's concern at the MLB spot and the OL, now that gets sured up and closer to ready, unfortunately one of the best weapons in the NFL might not be ready for next monday. It just means more waiting to see the potential the team has.

cajunator

Banned
Chris Houston is a solid corner, but we don't really have a legit 2nd. The rookie who shows promise, the Colts reject, and the up and downer all competing for the number 2 spot. Could be some long Sunday! Thems the pits!

Avoid Colts corners like the plague.
I still suffer from post Jason David stress syndrome.

squicken

No, he's still a Texans fan. I have a text from him last year about some Texans game that they won where he had goosebumps.

Texans forever

That's akin to seeing an ex gf while drunk and thinking she was hot. Whatever I do, not going texans. Manning owned them for a decade. Luck the same for the next decade. They think they have this year but don't. One year window. Good thing smithiak got extension That's a 10 yr pain train

Rams and Bradford suck. Not sure he would ever have been good. Very odd I lived through fandom of both David Carr and Bradford. Like knowing Lou Gehrig and then very next person who got ALS. Maybe I'm a carrier for battered QB syndrome

I agree, they've done similar with other players throughout camp, it's just a stressful thing when they're always one step away from putting it all together. One day it's concern at the MLB spot and the OL, now that gets sured up and closer to ready, unfortunately one of the best weapons in the NFL might not be ready for next monday. It just means more waiting to see the potential the team has.

Don't we (the Pats) have more TEs than WRs now?

cajunator

Banned
Anytime his name comes up, I laugh and recall that article that showed it was actually safer to throw at him than a hole in zone coverage.

Fortunately the Saints appear to have a legitimately good group of defensive backs this year.
Even the backups are solid players.
Im grateful to be rid of failures like kevin kaesviharn, jason david, josh bullocks, fred thomas...oh my god the saints have had some abysmal defensive players.
Spags has gotten the defense to wrap up instead of going for the big hit.
Cant wait to see what a difference it makes in regular season. For one thing there should be less penalties.

K-19

Banned
Fortunately the Saints appear to have a legitimately good group of defensive backs this year.
Even the backups are solid players.
Im grateful to be rid of failures like kevin kaesviharn, jason david, josh bullocks, fred thomas...oh my god the saints have had some abysmal defensive players.
Spags has gotten the defense to wrap up instead of going for the big hit.
Cant wait to see what a difference it makes in regular season. For one thing there should be less penalties.

Yeah, Saints will be a difficult team to deal with.
but cars crahes can easily happend you know (to the players not you) ...

filler

Banned
Let's say he is... he still doesn't have the starting spot, so..

I'm talking right now. Either they have a great front four or great CBs. Never the two at the same time. :|

CB situation can't be worse than last season, we have no where to go but up! At the very least we won't be seeing endless flags from Routt, he's KC's problem now.

ATF487

God bless NFL Films. One of the best things about the league.

I feel like they do a good job with creating a narrative but where are all the replays of old televised games? There are AFL tapes somewhere that are running at full speed and I want to be able to see them!

cajunator

Banned
lol our rb situation is pretty fucked

Well the Saints will have to release a rb out of either Chris Ivory or Travaris Cadet.
Either one is a hard running tough player that would fit the Steelers.
I wish we could keep both but weve got PT, ingram, and Darren Sproles already.
What used to be a weakness is definitely one our strengths now.

I feel kinda bad for the guy now, look I won't ever condone somebody beating his wife, but we don't know the story behind all of this.

Chad never seemed like a bad guy, yeah he goofed off a lot, blamed the Patriots for his decline and all that, but he also took 100 fans out for dinner and all those kinds of things.

It all went downhill so fast for him that it seemed like he just lost control of it all. This will probably be the sad ending of a pretty good and entertaining NFL career.

squicken

Good for the phins. Hard to believe they brought that circus to town in the first place. Not that I necessarily believe the gold digging twitter wife, bu he's not worth the trouble

cajunator

Banned
Pats are the reason he turned bad. He was fine in Cincy.

This is true actually. Ochocinco used to be a real character in Cinci and one of their strengths.
Im not sure why it all went wrong for him but I think he let fame go to his head.
Then again he was always like that.

jakncoke

Banned
I think we are ok unless someone else got hurt. I was never a Mendy fan. Redman and Dwyer future.

Just a lot of banged up people. John Clay got banged up today, Dwyer and Redman sat out of practice. Long term should be a problem but atm we're banged up all over

Top Bottom