• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

chris berman just getting started on the monday night coverage via espn if anyone wants to tune it. I think its shameful the nfl is advertising preseason with a monday night game coverage for gods sake. yay, 1 series of tony romo and palmer, lets make it a MNF spectacle!!!!!

chris berman just getting started on the monday night coverage via espn if anyone wants to tune it. I think its shameful the nfl is advertising preseason with a monday night game coverage for gods sake. yay, 1 series of tony romo and palmer, lets make it a MNF spectacle!!!!!

It's not worse than advertising a Thursday game as Monday Night Football like they did last week with the Packers Chargers.

eznark

Banned
Just wanted to come in and say I'm annoyed that we dropped Chad. I know his arrest is a bad thing, but having an injured Hartline as our best WR is even worse. We just drafted a franchise QB, and now he has to find a way to throw the ball to himself. I think this moves Bess to the #2 and Gates to the slot. Ugh... We're gonna be so bad this season, it's gonna be the stuff of legends. But we're still not going to tank bad enough to get a #1 pick. Suck bad enough to miss the playoffs, but not enough to get any reward for it. PEACE.

I don't care if he is old, busted and head butts women in the face causing a 4 inch gash requiring stitches. He is better than the guy we have. If beating up women gets us to the playoffs then line em up. PEACE

jicji.jpg
Saw this earlier, the other uniforms don't look half bad though. I wanna see Logan Thomas play

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/13/injury-to-john-kuhn-forces-packers-to-cut-another-practice-short/ said:
Add running back John Kuhn to the long list of wounded Packers.

Kuhn had to leave Monday’s practice because of an ankle injury and coach Mike McCarthy wound up ending practice earlier than expected as a result. The practice ended after 108 minutes, the fifth straight time that the Packers have practiced for less than two hours after routinely going close to three hours at the start of camp. Not all of those practices were cut short because of the lack of healthy bodies, but McCarthy admitted that the injuries are taking their toll on practice options.

“We’re not where we wanted to be,” McCarthy said, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “That’s obvious. But two of the four practices that have been cut were part of the design, so technically they weren’t cut because you come off a night practice to a morning practice, it’s not practical to go two hours and 45 minutes, two hours and 30 minutes. But today’s practice was supposed to be 2:21. The tempo was outstanding. I thought it was a heck of a practice just from an operation standpoint, but when John went down, I just didn’t think it was worth the risk to try to get through the last team period with three running backs. And whatever practice we had to cut back before, the injuries were just starting to pile up on us.”

James Starks, Brandon Saine and Du’ane Bennett were all out at running back for the Packers and Cedric Benson isn’t yet cleared for full participation. The Packers did get some good news with the return of left tackle Marshall Newhouse after an extended absence following a concussion earlier in camp.

The Giants showed last year that it’s better to get your injuries out of the way early in the year, something that the Packers seem to have taken to hear this season.

FUUUU

Pimpwerx

I don't care if he is old, busted and head butts women in the face causing a 4 inch gash requiring stitches. He is better than the guy we have. If beating up women gets us to the playoffs then line em up. PEACE

The NFL isn't a court of law. Let the courts sort that shit out. If they allow him to lace them up on Sundays, then I say keep him. It's not like we have any depth at WR. We have one of the worst receiving cores in the league.

I'm not excusing what he did, but this team has been poorly run for decades and is in dire need of any and all talent we get. As washed-up as he is, he's still the best receiver we had by a considerable margin. As Jax said on the radio today, every team needs a few knuckleheads. We kept a guy with BPD who hit his wife for 2 seasons, and only dumped him in the offseason. If Marshall could stick around that long, hometown boy Chad should as well. It's not like the fans would complain. We all recognize the serious need for receivers this team has. If that means keeping around a wife-beater...so be it. It's football, not the family network. PEACE.

Godslay

Banned
The NFL isn't a court of law. Let the courts sort that shit out. If they allow him to lace them up on Sundays, then I say keep him. It's not like we have any depth at WR. We have one of the worst receiving cores in the league.

I'm not excusing what he did, but this team has been poorly run for decades and is in dire need of any and all talent we get. As washed-up as he is, he's still the best receiver we had by a considerable margin. As Jax said on the radio today, every team needs a few knuckleheads. We kept a guy with BPD who hit his wife for 2 seasons, and only dumped him in the offseason. If Marshall could stick around that long, hometown boy Chad should as well. It's not like the fans would complain. We all recognize the serious need for receivers this team has. If that means keeping around a wife-beater...so be it. It's football, not the family network. PEACE.

It's not like Ocho was an integral piece of a championship run. Dump him and the distractions and focus on being a better team. I'm sure a rookie head coach doesn't want to deal with the headache of dealing with it either. It was the right move.

Godslay

Banned
Well ya they might but if your a good athlete, which I believe he is, you are going to be great no matter what. I've been nothing but impressed with McFadden, besides his obvious injury flaws.

If your oline is garbage your not going anywhere. I don't know enough about Oakland's oline to know if they are good or bad.

LOL I remember people taking Vick first pick last season.... dont be so caught up in what rodgers did last season.

Vick is inconsistent and prone to injury, due to his style of play. Rodgers is a safe bet, consistent, durable, with plenty of weapons.

Pimpwerx

It's not like Ocho was an integral piece of a championship run. Dump him and the distractions and focus on being a better team. I'm sure a rookie head coach doesn't want to deal with the headache of dealing with it either. It was the right move.
You know who hates this decision the most? Reggie Bush. With no deep threat, it's gonna be single-coverage on the outside and safeties and LBs can tee-off all day. I don't see him breaking 1000 yards again this season.

Season ticket sales are in the toilet, and now even I want to sell my tickets. There's absolutely nothing appealing about this team now. At least Chad offered us the hope of still being able to score on offense. Other than this incident. Chad hasn't been a distraction on the team, and hasn't been a problematic person throughout his career. OTOH, Marshall was a headcase even before we got him.

Now not signing Braylon Edwards looks like an even bigger mistake. Holy shit this is such an awful organization. They're running the team's legacy into the ground. PEACE.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
You know who hates this decision the most? Reggie Bush. With no deep threat, it's gonna be single-coverage on the outside and safeties and LBs can tee-off all day. I don't see him breaking 1000 yards again this season.

Season ticket sales are in the toilet, and now even I want to sell my tickets. There's absolutely nothing appealing about this team now. At least Chad offered us the hope of still being able to score on offense. Other than this incident. Chad hasn't been a distraction on the team, and hasn't been a problematic person throughout his career. OTOH, Marshall was a headcase even before we got him.

Now not signing Braylon Edwards looks like an even bigger mistake. Holy shit this is such an awful organization. They're running the team's legacy into the ground. PEACE.

Makes it even better that we get to see it on Hard Knocks before the season even starts.

squicken

Okay finally watched the Rams game. Not as bad as indicated on offense. To read it online you'd think the Steve Smith deep ball was a sure TD. He was not open, though Bradford did his typical err on the side of not throwing a TD and threw it 8 yards out of bounds. A couple of high throws on the slant and an out to Amendola, but it wasn't like it was a disaster it was made out to be.

The troubling thing is that even on 6 yards throws he has lost his accuracy. He used to be so accurate and it's like he's not the same guy. Usually all throws are high, which is a guy not stepping into his throws. Gonna have to chalk that up to his pocket cowardice, as he just got sick of the hits. That won't improve. The OL is as disaster and is far more troubling than he is.

Also, SJAX left tons of yards on the field. He's slow and made some poor reads. That would be my worry as a Colts fan. They can be run on. They are very small up front

Zeke

Aside from Dez its been a quiet camp, don't look for Dallas to get into the first preseason game at full strength the team is dealing with 18 injuries at the moment.

Offense

QB
Tony Romo will enter tenth season in the NFL coming off his best season to Date. All the questions still remain can he lead the Cowboys deep into the playoffs and back into the promise land. Kyle Orton Lulz, McGee probably gone next season.
WR
Lets start with the big two Dez and Miles both nursing hamstring injuries don't expect to see much of them on the field tonight. The big thing to watch for tonight is going to be the battle at the three spot. Lots of players to watch for Kevin Ogletree, Cole Beasley, Andre Holmes, Dwayne Harris, Danny Coale, Tim Benford and Raymond Radway are all battling for the three spot. Holmes is big guy its only recently he's been using his size and making plays. Beasley has been impressing everyone in camp so keep an eye on him tonight.
RB
The two headed monster of Murray and Jones is back and healthy for now. Looks like Murray will be starting and Jones will be the number two as well as get work on returns. Hope this season Murray can play an entire season and really show what he has.
TE
No mystery here Witten is still one of the best in the game. John Philips good hands and good route runner his season ended early with a torn ACL hopefully he makes it back at 100% and keeps being a big player in the offense, rookie James Hanna needs more work in his route running and will drop some easy ones they have been working on his blocking during camp and UDR Andrew Szczerba hard worker good route runner will probably be placed on practice squad.
OL
Good god where do I start with this one? Injuries have ravaged the oline. RG Mackenzy Bernadeau out all offseason from hip surgery, LG Nate Livings nursing a hamstring injury, C Phil Costa back injury. RT Doug Free and LT Tyron Smith still healthy but these two are switching positions so they are still adjusting to their new spots. Center is a big concern no players that Dallas has tried at center has been any good so expect lots of mistakes from the center. With all that said Romo just may die this season if the oline stays in shambles.

Defense

LB
Ware and Spencer well there is no mystery there so lets move along. Sean Lee looks to keep making plays as he did last season love this young gun. Keep an eye out for Bruce Carter and Dan Connor they are in a position battle right now. Carter is the favorite right now. Orie Lemon is another to watch word is he had stepped up his game since last season hope he keeps it up. Adrian Hamilton has been very versatile can play both weak and strong side.

S

Pool is gone not so shocking. I'm excited about this area Barry Church made an impact last season and I hope he keeps it going. Rookie Matt Johnson looked amazing in college tapes but he's been sidelined with injuries and hasn't been on the field much but there are high hopes for this kid.

CB
First round pick Morris Claiborne is out in fact he's been out for most of camp so there isn't much else to say right now. Mike Jenkins is also out he hasn't been cleared to play yet he's still rehabbing from shoulder surgery. If he wants a big contract he better play his ass off this season when he comes back. The other big name to watch to night is Brandon Carr Dallas spent big money to get the man lets see if it pans out. Without question this was the weak spot of defense last season too many come from behind victories from opposing teams. Now there is some depth there and some play makers hopefully.

Godslay

Banned

Chad's washed up. If you can't have a decent to good year with Brady throwing you the ball your time is most likely done.

Top Bottom