• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Bowser

A nice image to see this Monday afternoon:

r600x600.jpg

I don't get the obsession so many teams have with constantly adding toast WR and RBs to their roster. Why not just give that spot to some undrafted FA out of college that at least might have some upside. Chad Johnson had no upside. He was done last year.

Fox318

I don't get the obsession so many teams have with constantly adding toast WR and RBs to their roster. Why not just give that spot to some undrafted FA out of college that at least might have some upside. Chad Johnson had no upside. He was done last year.
It's an easy fix for dumb gms. Give the guy people have seen score or an unknown risk?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Speaking of veteran WRs really don't understand how Plax is having that much trouble finding a job. He was still one of the best in the league last season at scoring touchdowns inside the red zone, pretty sure thats a skill a lot of teams could use. He'd put up double digit touchdowns with Brady throwing him the ball instead of Sanchez.

sangreal

Speaking of veteran WRs really don't understand how Plax is having that much trouble finding a job. He was still one of the best in the league last season at scoring touchdowns inside the red zone, pretty sure thats a skill a lot of teams could use. He'd put up double digit touchdowns with Brady throwing him the ball instead of Sanchez.

Screw him, he was useless for my fantasy team last season. So inconsistent

ChanHuk

Banned

35 years old and how much money would he be asking for. Look at the Chad Johnson situation. They basically had him on the roster for free because Chad just wanted to play. Might as well save that roster spot for another DB in this pass happy league.

MechDX

There is something wrong since bumerous teams have had him in and not signed him. Hell, the Texans could deperately use a vet WR but have not even contacted him. He was on local sports radio here last Friday and flat out said he die to come here.

jakncoke

Banned

It seems to me he's asking for to much cash

K-19

Banned
Nnamdi was carted off the field at Eagles practice. Bad collision with Nate Allen trying to break up a pass intended for DeSean Jackson. There was blood on his shirt and he was holding his head as they carted him away (possible concussion is inferred in the article but nothing official has been announced).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/13/nnamdi-asomugha-carted-off-after-practice-collision/

The regular season doesn't even start and they are out, sad :(

Pimpwerx

Just wanted to come in and say I'm annoyed that we dropped Chad. I know his arrest is a bad thing, but having an injured Hartline as our best WR is even worse. We just drafted a franchise QB, and now he has to find a way to throw the ball to himself. I think this moves Bess to the #2 and Gates to the slot. Ugh... We're gonna be so bad this season, it's gonna be the stuff of legends. But we're still not going to tank bad enough to get a #1 pick. Suck bad enough to miss the playoffs, but not enough to get any reward for it. PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
35 years old and how much money would he be asking for. Look at the Chad Johnson situation. They basically had him on the roster for free because Chad just wanted to play. Might as well save that roster spot for another DB in this pass happy league.

I get that but there are a ton of good teams that struggle in goal line situations because their WRs are the size of dwarfs. Like the Eagles. But yeah either he wants too much money and/or he's a total headache in the locker room.

K-19

Banned
Surgery for the LB Angerer, down for 6 weeks. He was the pillar of the Colts defence, gonna be tough form them too.

andthebeatgoeson

Man, Chad Johnson is just another example of Too Short's 10 Commandments. What made him think marrying the girl who dumped Antoine Walker after he went broke was a good idea? Maybe he should look into whether he has brain damage.

Colasante

Why does everyone think this? There are 6 total... 3 of which will make the roster, and one of those 3 hasn't shown at one practice yet.

Actually there are 7 total- Gronk, Hernandez, Fells, Shiancoe, Ballard, Silvestro, and Urban. One is destined for IR (Ballard), one destined for PUP (Fells), one camp body (Urban), one DE turned TE destined for the practice squad (Silvestro), one who'll be cut unless he shows up again (Shiancoe) and Gronknandez.

It seems like an usually high amount, but it's strictly for training camp repetition purposes. Only three are making the roster.

LJ11

What's with the giant sweat stains on everyone's uniforms, right on the stomach, looks awful. Nike may have messed with the collars too much for certain teams, but the teletubby stains is is an issue with every uni. Didn't they have players/athletes workout in these things? Must be a better way to ventilate.

Striker

Why isn't Shiancoe showing up?

He wasn't getting many offers unless for vet min which is odd - he isn't a bad tight end and has shown he's able to block as well. Wanted the Giants to look at him as the run through free agents came in. They have Bennett, Robinson, Pascoe, Beckum, and a couple others who've just been on the PS. Robinson will probably be inactive all season or just see ST's, and Pascoe is, well, Pascoe. Beckum will start the year on PUP.

Colasante

Why isn't Shiancoe showing up?

He wasn't getting many offers unless for vet min which is odd - he isn't a bad tight end and has shown he's able to block as well. Wanted the Giants to look at him as the run through free agents came in. They have Bennett, Robinson, Pascoe, Beckum, and a couple others who've just been on the PS. Robinson will probably be inactive all season or just see ST's, and Pascoe is, well, Pascoe. Beckum will start the year on PUP.

He was there for a practice or two and apparently looked good, but he's been out with an injury for the last week or so.

So what is going on with nnamdi?
Is he still a great corner?
I forget what team hes on now.
Sorry this is pretty random but he doesnt seem to be as revered as he was once.

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and safety Nate Allen collided in mid-air as they tried to break up a pass intended for DeSean Jackson. As several Eagles beat writers have reported on Twitter, both men went to the ground but Asomugha took the brunt of the damage.

i know its more then likely been posted... this is nfl gaf after all but....

just feels weird... like you summoned this on him!!! are you a god damn mage or something?

Colasante

Linebacker Dane Fletcher waived by the Patriots after tearing his ACL. They're hoping he'll clear waivers and be able to go on IR. Here's an opportunity for the Giants to get their revenge.

bluemax

Banned
What's with the giant sweat stains on everyone's uniforms, right on the stomach, looks awful. Nike may have messed with the collars too much for certain teams, but the teletubby stains is is an issue with every uni. Didn't they have players/athletes workout in these things? Must be a better way to ventilate.

At first I thought it was just some weird design on the Seahawks unis but eventually I realized it was sweat.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm concerned that Chad Johnson's dismissal will hurt Hard Knocks to the point it may be unwatchable. I can't be the only one secretly hoping that this incident has caused a rift in the locker room, right? Right?! Hey, Carlos Dansby, talk into the camera and say what you really feel!

I don't think he was afraid. It looked like he was just putting up with Chad being there, like when your mom makes you be friends with someone you can't stand.

I guess that could be it. It just seemed really weak to me that he wouldnt even tell him to get out of the meeting. He hemed and hawed so much, like he was hoping someone else would do it for him.
Very very bad :/

There is no reason to believe that this is anything big at all.

I'm concerned that Chad Johnson's dismissal will hurt Hard Knocks to the point it may be unwatchable. I can't be the only one secretly hoping that this incident has caused a rift in the locker room, right? Right?! Hey, Carlos Dansby, talk into the camera and say what you really feel!

It couldn't really be more annoying then my posts, might as well give it a shot.

Top Bottom