• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

bionic77

That Harmony One is great. Don't know if Logitech have released anything as a successor as of yet but I've had the one for the last two years and love it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RL875A/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Do you feel you have to point it directly at the component for it to register or does it have a pretty nice IR spread?

That was my only concern. That and people saying it was unreliable and prone to dying for no reason.

bionic77

Fuckin 1st world problems. Exchanged my Nexus 7 today, had the screen lift issue. Now to reinstall everything so I can watch illegal streams of NFL games in my ambulance.
Which Jet fan is the resident Android whore here?

He might be offended that you are complaining about his tech based God.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
We have a disturbing amount of creepy avatars in this thread.

image.php

bionic77 said:
Do you feel you have to point it directly at the component for it to register or does it have a pretty nice IR spread?
No issues from what I can tell. I don't generally have to move the thing in any position to get it to work.

I've read some on the reliability issues but as mentioned, no problems for me in two years that I've owned it.

bionic77

No issues from what I can tell. I don't generally have to move the thing in any position to get it to work.

I've read some on the reliability issues but as mentioned, no problems for me in two years that I've owned it.
That settles it. I am getting one.

Will probably pay for itself by not needing batteries. My old Harmony (don't remember the number) went through AAAs faster than Freeman goes through $20 @ Taco Bell.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
PFT: Rex Ryan was (is?) interested in Colin Kaepernick:

On Sunday, Jets coach Rex Ryan danced dangerously close to the tampering line by making it known, in unsolicited fashion, that Ryan was interested in drafting Kaepernick in 2011.

“Again, some people think the Wildcat has come and gone. No, it hasn’t. If anything, it’s just the opposite. I saw the kid from San Francisco, Kaepernick,” Ryan said, via comments distributed by the team. “He runs a 4.4 or something. I was really intrigued by him when he came out because I thought we were going to lose Brad. [The 49ers] drafted him before we could, but I was interested in him.
He went for a 70-yard touchdown run the other day. You’re seeing these guys and it’s hard to defend some of that stuff. When you have the ability to throw, as well as run, it makes it tough.”

It’s unclear whether Ryan was just riffing, or whether he was sending messages to one or more people.

To Mark Sanchez, possibly: “Don’t get too upset about the fact that we traded for Tebow. We thought about drafting last year a guy who runs faster and throws more accurately than him.”

To Tim Tebow, possibly: “It would be a good idea run faster and throw more accurately.”

To 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, possibly: “If you’re really all in with Alex Smith, why not give us a chance at taking Kaepernick off your hands?”

To Colin Kaepernick, possibly: “If you don’t like being stuck behind Smith, why not ask to be traded to the Jets?”

To the rest of the league, possibly: “Go ahead and assume that the Wildcat is dead.”

Regardless, chances are it wasn’t an accident that Rex publicly lamented the fact that the 49ers got Kaepernick in the second round of the 2011 draft before the Jets could get a crack at him.

Especially since the Jets didn’t even have a second-round pick in 2011.

Sokantish

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Fellow nerds I need to upgrade my remote.

I have an old Logitech universal remote that the kids have fucked up. is Logitech still the way to go as far as remotes go? The one complaint I had of the old remote is that it ate batteries like crazy, are the rechargeable ones worth it? Any complaints of weaker signal? Any new options out there that will make me forget logitech?

are your kids done fucking up stuff? Wait to buy a new one until they're like 5 or so.

MechDX

Fellow nerds I need to upgrade my remote.

I have an old Logitech universal remote that the kids have fucked up. is Logitech still the way to go as far as remotes go? The one complaint I had of the old remote is that it ate batteries like crazy, are the rechargeable ones worth it? Any complaints of weaker signal? Any new options out there that will make me forget logitech?

I got the Harmony 1100:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitec...047090868&skuId=8908051&st=harmony&cp=1&lp=15
Got it during a BestBuy sale for $160

Sweet ass remote with a built in rechargable battery. Love the touchscreen and large icons

bionic77

are your kids done fucking up stuff? Wait to buy a new one until they're like 5 or so.
Wife won't tolerate the broken ass remote anymore.

I don't think I can go back to a life with 5+ remotes anymore.

And I can't live my life based on what the kids may or may not break. My iPhone is covering in grease and has all sorts of tiny scratches on it but that isn't stopping me from upgrading in September. Wife is considering jumping shit to Android though, but the screen lock coming in iOS6 is making her reconsider (that was the one feature she needed).

DMczaf

It just keeps getting better for Chad.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/13/vh1-cancels-chad-johnson-reality-show/

The Miami Dolphins receiver Chad Johnson’s arrest on a domestic violence charge has caused the cable channel VH1 to shelve his reality show, “Ev & Ocho.”

The show was to feature Mr. Johnson, previously known as Chad Ochocinco, and his new wife, Evelyn Lozada, who was a star of the VH1 series “Basketball Wives.” (She was previously engaged to the basketball player Antoine Walker.) Eleven episodes about the couple’s engagement and wedding were taped this year, including a two-part season finale. The first episode was scheduled to be shown on VH1 on Sept. 3.

Wrayfield

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What the hell now both Gronk and Hernandez missed practice. Probably precautionary, but would hate to think there's something to it.

MechDX

What the hell now both Gronk and Hernandez missed practice. Probably precautionary, but would hate to think there's something to it.

Bernard Pollard must have put a voodoo curse in the Pats. Thank Belicek you have like 11 TE's on the roster.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Bernard Pollard must have put a voodoo curse in the Pats. Thank Belicek you have like 11 TE's on the roster.

Why does everyone think this? There are 6 total... 3 of which will make the roster, and one of those 3 hasn't shown at one practice yet.

Hakeem Nicks has passed his physical and is cleared to play! He's officially off of the PUP list. He'll be limited for his first three practices but this all but assures he'll be there for the opener against Dallas barring any unforeseen setback/injury.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

And there it is: WR Hakeem Nicks has been activated off the PUP list. #nyg

Top Bottom