• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Are you mad RVP got sold by Arsenal? It's news in STL b/c I guess even Kroenke's co-owners are calling him cheap

I am only mad at RVP because when ever he puts on the orange shirt, he sucks so incredibly hard. I don't really care where he plays when it's not for the Dutch national team. (Unless he would come and play for my team in the Dutch competition, but that would be as likely as Eznarks Rodgers for Wilson deal).

squicken

(Unless he would come and play for my team in the Dutch competition,.

There's a US National Team player who played for the MLS team in Houston, and got sold to a Premiere League team. Kind of hard for me to take the US professional teams seriously when they are just a feeder league (at best) to the Euro clubs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bernie Kosar always sounds drunk but he really knows his shit. He calls out stuff before it happens a lot of the time. Always wished theyd give him a QB coaching job or some shit

I'm not sure Weeden would take well to being taught by a guy younger than him.

There's a US National Team player who played for the MLS team in Houston, and got sold to a Premiere League team. Kind of hard for me to take the US professional teams seriously when they are just a feeder league (at best) to the Euro clubs.

Every league is a feeder league to the big money clubs. For instance, when my team performs well for one season, you can bet on it that all the players that were important for the team will get sold to the big Dutch teams and a year after that to one of the big money leagues where they will be bench players.

For the MLS to become a factor they need to invest obscene amounts of money into their teams.

1. So they can buy all the big name players and make the league interesting for other big name players to join since they will have good competition.
2. Invest in soccer schools and take the development as serious as that of football players. Here they have multiple soccer academies, where kids get trained from age 5. My little brother got invited to the Dutch national youngster team at the age of 10 (didn't make the team, but still). They have schools where kids are trained to be professional soccer players, they have regular classes as well, but they mostly focus on soccer.
3. They need an world wide Champions League like club tournament, where all the best teams from the world compete unlike only the European teams. Have Barcelona play the Revolution in a meaningful game and players will be more likely to play for the Revolution.

3. They need an world wide Champions League like club tournament, where all the best teams from the world compete unlike only the European teams. Have Barcelona play the Revolution in a meaningful game and players will be more likely to play for the Revolution.

Each confederation has a champions league, and the winner of those leagues go to the FIFA Club World Cup.

Are you guys really concerned about what happens if Rodgers goes down? Regardless of who goes in for him, if the best player in the NFL (let alone your team) goes down of course your team will suck. There's no way you can follow up from him being gone and expect to have a successful season (IMO). Whether the next guy is C tier or D tier shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Yeah I know, but nobody really cares about that cup, they need a full scale league.

Do you think the clubs would go for an international champions league? They're already pretty busy with their own league schedules, plus the existing confederation champions leagues, and other national competitions. I would think some leagues would object to scaling back the current champions leagues.

Drakeon

Are you guys really concerned about what happens if Rodgers goes down? Regardless of who goes in for him, if the best player in the NFL (let alone your team) goes down of course your team will suck. There's no way you can follow up from him being gone and expect to have a successful season (IMO). Whether the next guy is C tier or D tier shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Ask bears fans if there's a difference between the Josh McCown's and Caleb Hanies of the world.

Striker

Best fucking LT in the league and he is ours for 6 more years! Wonder if he got a bonus for breaking James Harrison face.
His name isn't Joe Thomas.

Giants signing DT Marcus Thomas to replace Shaun Rogers, not too upset about that. Stuffing tackle who isn't much rushing the passer. Fine by me considering he'll be the third or fourth tackle ASAP with all the injuries and inactives.

Slo

Good point. I call this the Curtis Painter Therum.

I guess so. I just know in my own head if Rodgers goes down for an extended period of time the season is over.

Unless when you have a Matt Cassel type of backup. Get you to a 11-5 record and still miss the playoffs because Brent had to fuck up his shoulder and lose to the Dolphins in the final week.

Do you think the clubs would go for an international champions league? They're already pretty busy with their own league schedules, plus the existing confederation champions leagues, and other national competitions. I would think some leagues would object to scaling back the current champions leagues.

You're probably right, but still to improve the MLS, it would probably be helpful if it was possible. Maybe when faster airtravel is possible.

Unless when you have a Matt Cassel type of backup. Get you to a 11-5 record and still miss the playoffs because Brent had to fuck up his shoulder and lose to the Dolphins in the final week.
Exactly. If the Pats backup QB couldn't win even without all of his resources ( opponents playbook, game plan, practice tape, and game signals) how does any other backup qb stand a chance

Schefter just tweeted that Tannehill's getting the start tonight against the Panthers.

Philbin keeps shitting on Matt Moore. But screw it, the Dolphins aren't going anywhere, might as well throw the rookie out to the wolves, right?

Tamanon

Banned
Schefter just tweeted that Tannehill's getting the start tonight against the Panthers.

Philbin keeps shitting on Matt Moore. But screw it, the Dolphins aren't going anywhere, might as well throw the rookie out to the wolves, right?

Panthers defense is not one I would classify as wolves.

Game impressions:

+ Ryan looks great so far this preseason...was 18 of 21, 174 yards, and a TD last night against a pretty stout defense.

+ Roddy, Julio, and TG look ready to roll as well

+ Run game didn't look great but they weren't trying to run a whole lot

+ Screen passes galore.....what is this glorious play that our offense seemed incapable of running before? Poor MJD, even if he ends his holdout, he might never run a screen play again

+ Defense was generating some pretty consistent pressure, just need to finish....liking the aggresiveness I'm seeing in Nolan's playcalling though

Negatives:

- Our backup QBs, sheesh...wouldn't surprise me if Davis becomes the backup by next year, still think he's too raw to be the backup now

- Samuels biting on that fake out route by Green with no safety help

- Offensive line not getting much of a push on the run but again they didn't try to run a whole lot

- Penalties aplenty (not counting the phantom facemask)

I think the Falcons are in decent shape going into the 3rd game. Offensive line hasn't looked great but they don't look as god awful as last year in pass protection either. Loving some of the things I'm seeing from Koetter and Nolan, huge upgrades over Mularkey and Van "OMFG" Gorder.

Milchjon

Yep, he'd be good insurance for when Freeman inevitably ODs on meth/gets busted for drug possession.

Plus, he's the author of one of my favorite Panthers' plays in recent memory. That game was glorious.

I kinda like Matt Moore. Never thought he was all that bad.

And unless Tannehill is already the guy to throw the franchise around, I don't see any incentive for Philbin to waste him. I don't thin he'd get fired after one season, so he can let Tannehill mature a bit first.

Bowser

Yep, he'd be good insurance for when Freeman inevitably ODs on meth/gets busted for drug possession.

Plus, he's the author of one of my favorite Panthers' plays in recent memory. That game was glorious.

Smith broke his arm on that TD, IIRC. What a badass. The problem with Moore is he's great when he's in no pressure situations, like the end of '07 and '09 and with Phins after their 0-7 start last year, but when all the weight is on him, he tends to fold. I do think he was yanked too quickly in favor of Clausen in 2010 and then unfortunately tore his labrum against the Saints.

BigAT

Jets going after Jeff Demps.

I'd like to see Tanny go after a wr

chad-johnson-300.jpg

Newly available!

Wrayfield

Jesus, it's the 2nd preseasons game and you guys have everything figured out. This team is great, this team will suck, smh. Wait for some real football. I mean, I am not too excited about a QB throwing decent numbers against 2nd and 3rd stringers, I want to see how he does against good Ds in a full game that counts. Preseason is growing old and boring fast.

Dragon

Banned

It's a preseason game, who cares who gets the start?

It's a preseason game, who cares who gets the start?

If this were the first pre-season game, I would agree with you. It doesn't matter. But the fact that they've had a couple of weeks to look at both of these guys in camp (and in the case of Moore, more than a year), the fact that they're starting Tannehill now shows me where they're leaning towards going for the opening day stater.

Could it change? Of course it could. But right now, I'm thinking it's Tannehill's job to lose.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dumb bastard spurned Tebow to sign with the Devil's team. Tebow's wrath shall not be contained. May Tebow have mercy on your souls.

Top Bottom