• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

TheFatOne

How are the Pats looking? O-line is still a fucking mess? Hightower and Chandler are still Gods?

Quite night for Hightower and Jones. Oline still looks like ass. Solder was better. Cannon was horrible. Defense was pretty good. Eagles 1st string struggles against the Pats 2nd string.

Edit: Cunningham had his best game today. He hurt Vick on one play, and was in on a couple other plays. Love was awesome. Brace showed some flashes.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
How are the Pats looking? O-line is still a fucking mess? Hightower and Chandler are still Gods?

Cannon was still a disaster, but Solder was noticably better. Vollmer and mankins still out. Vereens numbers are a little misleading, he played well when in, Bolden sucked, Ridley returned which is a strange sighting. The D line was absolutely dominant tonight... Chandler didn't register a sack, but was winning his matchup. Hightower had a few really nice plays, and Spikes played great. Brace consistently overwhelmed his matchup, and Cunningham was consistently in the QBs face. He layed the hit that took Vick out of the game.

Only bad news out of tonight is Chung goes down, so the injury concern now shifts from Ridley to Chung.

cdyhybrid

90U2T.jpg

Brinbe

really impressed by Foles' accuracy. And Foles isn't constantly back-peddling and scared of some pressure, so he's automatically already a billion times better than Kolb.

so alex smith right now isn't better than kolb or skelton? based on what? potential? lulz. make whatever excuse you want for alex smith having better numbers than your garbage QB's. kurt warner was playing with the same basic team as your shitty QB's and for some reason they suck complete dick where he had success.

as for our RB's, gore is better than all of your running backs, kendall hunter is better than all your RB's too. maybe your rb's combined might be better than brandon jacobs? maybe.

and i dont think we have a great offense, just better than the cards (which isn't saying much).

floyd is an if. IF he stays dedicated. IF he can get the pro game down. IF he doesn't kill someone or himself while drunk driving. but we'll see in a few years!

i don't think you honestly believe the cards are making any noise in the NFC west this year. they are AT BEST a 3rd place team. i actually feel sorry for your offensive line when a piece of crap like adam snyder is your big free agent signing
That's right, I believe Alex Smith is worse than John Skelton. I believe were he in Skelton's shoes, he'd do worse. Using Warner for your argument is laughable. He's a future HOF QB. That's like scratching your head on why the Colts did so bad last year when Peyton took them to the playoffs each year.

lol at Kendall being better than Beanie. Ryan Williams will be better than Kendall, too. Combined, they beat Gore's numbers if they have decent run blocking which we did before Brown went down. We'll see how his absence impacts that part of our game.

Both offenses are garbage right now, the difference is that we actually have weapons. Gore and Davis are legit, but you had them in all the previous years, little hands just doesn't get it done. The difference between us is that I admit Kolb sucks, not sure why you're delusional about Smith.

Thanks for the intell Guys! Highly appreciated.

How bad did Chung his injury look? Did Tavon Wilson play tonight or is his injury still bothering him?

I hate pre-season injuries so much

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

How bad did Chung his injury look? Did Tavon Wilson play tonight or is his injury still bothering him?

Chung looks pretty serious, but I suppose we'll see. It sucks, because he really helps with how weak the secondary is, and it looks like we got enough up front and in our LBs that we should be able to have an actual defense. Hopefully he's alright.

edit- no Wilson, Ebner played though and has played well. Had a really impressive pick, read the play pretty well.

TheFatOne

Tavon Wilson did not play. Supposedly it's a shoulder injury for Chung, but it seems like it could be a concussion. Reports that Chung had to be helped to the bench by team mates, and it did look like he got his bell rung on the hit. I hope it's nothing serious

Colasante

Chung looked dazed. Seemed like a concussion but apparently it's his shoulder. Wilson is out. Ebner came in, looked Ebneresque.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Looking more and more likely that Branch is making the roster over Stallworth at this point.

What a dissapointment after the fast start for him. He showed a lot when I watched training camp. Branch is a solid player, I'd just take Stallworth's speed.

TheFatOne

What a dissapointment after the fast start for him. He showed a lot when I watched training camp. Branch is a solid player, I'd just take Stallworth's speed.

Stallworth looks slow out there. At least Branch is still able to get open because of his superior route running. Is Gaffney the lock everyone thinks he is?

cajunator

Banned
did you like the first one? On a scale of amazing as usual to transcendent, how good is JCVD's performance?

The first one was ok. This one was more straight up gratuitous violence and hate.
JCVD did a good job but it wasn't his best.
He did put his roundhouse kick to good use and was generally a badass villain.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
lol, Bryce Brown?

At least now it's ok for him to have an Agent.

This guy was ranked higher than Trent Richardson in high school.

squicken

The first one was ok. This one was more straight up gratuitous violence and hate.
JCVD did a good job but it wasn't his best.
He did put his roundhouse kick to good use and was generally a badass villain.

Thanks cajun. I really wish the series would have been made about 20 years ago and been directed by James Cameron. I could have died happy

edit: nfl films owns the rights to Hard Knocks. That's why HBO can't put it online

Top Bottom