• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

eznark

Banned
You can call him a cheater all you want, but an Eagles fan calling him a loser is laughable. I know it's hard to get over that SB, because the best player on your team, played on one leg, and snitched on your QB for being a choke artist, but c'mon now. A loser? The guy is 124-35 in his career. 78%. Take that and choke on it!

0-159

http://jacksonville.com/sports/foot...al-book-suggests-league-helped-patriots-cover

And a new book entitled “Spygate the Untold Story,” suggests the league successfully covered up and minimized the New England spying scandal.
By destroying the tapes quickly, fining the Patriots and taking away a draft pick, but not suspending coach Bill Belichick, commissioner Roger Goodell convinced the public it was a minor matter that didn’t have a big impact on the Patriots’ success.
But author Bryan O’Leary contends it was a key to their three Super Bowl victories and suggests the Patriots might be still doing it in their home stadium, where it’s easy to hide a camera in an obscure place.

Biggest loser this side of Joe Paterno.

eznark

Banned
So many "suggests" and "contends" in there, it might as well be the work of a truther.

Confirmation bias is a fun thing, so I'll follow mine and let you have yours.

Until they show me the evidence/release their birth certificate/release their taxes they will always be cheaters!!

brentech

The mere fact that they just immediately destroyed to tapes says it was more than we were told.

I don't know how far that goes, but if you think otherwise I'd say you're painfully in denial about your team.

If it was practically nothing and something that 'everybody does', we'd have seen it without a doubt.

Dragon

Banned

Rooting for that pill popper for as long as you did must have really scarred you.

The mere fact that they just immediately destroyed to tapes says it was more than we were told.

That doesn't make any sense logically.

I don't know how far that goes, but of you think otherwise I'd say your painfully in denial about your team.

If it was practically nothing and something that 'everybody does', we'd have seen it without a doubt.

The burden of proof is on the accuser. No one posting in this thread has any inside information. We can only speculate on the information we have. Which says what exactly? That the Patriots taped opponents from the wrong side of the field. Which was definitely against the rules. They were penalized by the NFL. The only people still bringing it up are hurt Steelers fans. Oh and those Packers fans who rooted for Brett Favre, who popped more pills than a 14 year old raver.

bionic77

I don't know how far that goes, but of you think otherwise I'd say your painfully in denial about your team.

It is obvious what happened. Bellicheat had some pictures of Goodell's wife (I imagine that he and Kraft were running a 3 way on her in front of a picture of a Swastika). She is probably one of the many previously happy married women that he defiled over and over again because the only way he feels human is when he is nailing another man's wife who is usually a mother to some small children as well. In exchange for those pictures and a written agreement that he would never bang her again or talk about it with anyone the NFL would in turn destroy the tapes and give them a slap on the wrist.

I think we can all agree that this is what happened. Someone put that in the Spygate wikipedia article.

I don't know how far that goes, but if you think otherwise I'd say you're painfully in denial about your team.

This is so true. No way would the league burn those tapes and open them up to all these accusations if it was nothing.

squicken

Yeah I don't think anyone buys that it was minor. But it would have been too big a scandal for them to make a big deal out of it. I do doubt that they are still doing it, though

Dragon

Banned
This is so true. No way would the league burn those tapes and open them up to all these accusations if it was nothing.

There's no incentive for the league to lie for the Patriots. Your argument makes about as much sense as rooting for the Iggles.

It is obvious what happened. Bellicheat had some pictures of Goodell's wife (I imagine that he and Kraft were running a 3 way on her in front of a picture of a Swastika). She is probably one of the many previously happy married women that he defiled over and over again because the only way he feels human is when he is nailing another man's wife who is usually a mother to some small children as well. In exchange for those pictures and a written agreement that he would never bang her again or talk about it with anyone the NFL would in turn destroy the tapes and give them a slap on the wrist.

I think we can all agree that this is what happened. Someone put that in the Spygate wikipedia article.

Taking away a first round pick isn't a slap on the wrist bro. It's a Chad Johnson head butt.

cajunator

Banned
There's no incentive for the league to lie for the Patriots. Your argument makes about as much sense as rooting for the Iggles.

Taking away a first round pick isn't a slap on the wrist bro. It's a Chad Johnson head butt.

That was nothing. My team got Ray Lewis'ed.

I root for the Eagles because I am not some fucking front runner and I was born in Philadelphia. It makes sense for a person to root for their home town team if they have one. If you dont understand how fandom works I dont know what to say to you. The reason the NFL didnt want the Pats cheating to get out is because the NFL is dependent on gamblers, and it wouldnt look good to have it come out that a team was cheating.

Milchjon

That was nothing. My team got Ray Lewis'ed.

Your team made the crucial mistake of being caught trying to incentivize injuring players at a time when the NFL is in hot water because of player safety concerns. It all aligned so in such a shitty way, it's a wonder they didn't get Sandusky'd.

Dragon

Banned
I root for the Eagles because I am not some fucking front runner and I was born in Philadelphia. It makes sense for a person to root for their home town team if they have one. If you dont understand how fandom works I dont know what to say to you. The reason the NFL didnt want the Pats cheating to get out is because the NFL is dependent on gamblers, and it wouldnt look good to have it come out that a team was cheating.

Eagles fans are the worst. I went to school at Villanova. Holy shit I wanted to kill myself whenever they were on.

If you're accusing me of being a front runner, you can drop it right now. I first starting watching the Pats in '92 when they had Hugh Millen starting games. I remember specifically the Pats beating the Dolphins in the last week of '93 (Scott Mitchell lulz) on a Michael Timpson TD on the friggin radio because the game was blacked out. So go cry into Andy Reid's awful mustache and get out of here with that shit.

eznark

Banned
Rooting for that pill popper for as long as you did must have really scarred you.

That doesn't make any sense logically.

The burden of proof is on the accuser. No one posting in this thread has any inside information. We can only speculate on the information we have. Which says what exactly? That the Patriots taped opponents from the wrong side of the field. Which was definitely against the rules. They were penalized by the NFL. The only people still bringing it up are hurt Steelers fans. Oh and those Packers fans who rooted for Brett Favre, who popped more pills than a 14 year old raver.

lol, one guys prescription drug addiction = systemic organization wide cheating? This is what your argument has come to?

That is truly sad.

cajunator

Banned
Zidane's headbutt was the most honorable and justified thing to ever happen on a soccer field. I don't see how that applies to their situation.

I guess I'll keep looking...
Then again, we finally got Favre to retire. He wasn't the same after the NFCCG and gone shortly after. We did the NFL a service!

Dragon

Banned
lol, one guys prescription drug addiction = systemic organization wide cheating? This is what your argument has come to?

That is truly sad.

You quoted my post. My last paragraph outlines my 'argument' not my discount of your posting of some article.

bionic77

Eagles fans are the worst. I went to school at Villanova. Holy shit I wanted to kill myself whenever they were on.

If you're accusing me of being a front runner, you can drop it right now. I first starting watching the Pats in '92 when they had Hugh Millen starting games. I remember specifically the Pats beating the Dolphins in the last week of '93 (Scott Mitchell lulz) on a Michael Timpson TD on the friggin radio because the game was blacked out. So go cry into Andy Reid's awful mustache and get out of here with that shit.
Doesn't Villanova have a shit load of hot girls?

That could have helped eased your pain when the Eagles were on.

Btw, I am surrounded by Eagles fan and their reactions to every loss is the best thing ever. You Pats fans are strange. You go to a school loaded with hotties and all you focus on is the drunk ugly Eagle fans.

Dragon

Banned
Doesn't Villanova have a shit load of hot girls?

Definitely. They're sent there by their daddies to get married.

That could have helped eased your pain when the Eagles were on.

Btw, I am surrounded by Eagles fan and their reactions to every loss is the best thing ever. You Pats fans are strange. You go to a school loaded with hotties and all you focus on is the drunk ugly Eagle fans.

Surprisingly I'm single and terrible with women (strange I know). So there wasn't a lot of easing of the pain.

Milchjon

Boston Herald.

... is awesome.

They manage to surprise me almost daily with how low they'll go. They're so far to the right of any mainstream paper here in Germany, it's unbelievable. And I always wonder, isn't Boston still kinda liberal? What are the newspapers like in more conservative places in the US?

Sanjuro

We're notoriously liberal, but there are plenty of conservatives to be found. Helped Scott Brown get elected before he hit them with the steel chair.

The point about the Herald though is it's just a batshit publication.

There's no incentive for the league to cover up just how big the cheating was?? Hehehegahahe. You are a very naive person

eznark

Banned
There's no incentive for the league to cover up just how big the cheating was?? Hehehegahahe. You are a very naive person

Are you trying to tell me that calling into question the integrity of the sport, invalidating past Super Bowls, tarnishing the reputation of NFL luminaries like the lecherous Kraft and disgracing a vomit inducing national hero would have damaged the NFL brand?

That's preposterous!

Top Bottom