• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Sanjuro

I don't give a fuck. Madden was HOF worthy. If you disagree you're just plain wrong.

He was a bit simple at times, but he could break a game down for multiple audiences. Guy has probably lost more football knowledge than all the current color analysts combined.

eznark

Banned
i dunno i just like bring up when people were really wrong, it gets me through my miserable day

heh, I have no problem admitting a wrong eval. Happens a fair bit.

It also always lets me bring up that I was dancing in the streets shirtless when the Packers drafted Rodgers because I was so happy and knew he'd be amazing.

KOLOLB

Sanjuro

Color commentary overwhelms play-by-play with tv broadcasts. I like Michaels and Collinsworth, but the latter has become a parody with his token excessive praise after every single damn play.

Daryl Johnston is actually really good about staying measured with his comments. Which is of course why Fox stuck that fat fuck Siragusa on that team to fill dead air.

In radio, there's no fear of dead air, strangely enough.

I do like Collinsworth, although I don't like him a ton personally and his Madden Game commentary drove me nuts. Real world problems.

Boomer is great as well on the Westwood One broadcast.

Sanjuro

Know who I miss, Jerry Glanville.

FROZEN ROPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Game of the forever.

yrixG.jpg

Talon

I do like Collinsworth, although I don't like him a ton personally and his Madden Game commentary drove me nuts. Real world problems.

Boomer is great as well on the Westwood One broadcast.
Yeah, Boomer's a lot better without the laughing gas pumped into the CBS studios.

Dan Reeves was good on Westewood, too. I think he quit a few years ago.

Rorschach

Madden and Colinsworth are my all time dream team. mmmmmmmmmm
Double color commentating? I dunno. Dream team already happened: John Madden with Vin Scully. If they would have thrown Chick Hearn in there, the booth would have exploded with awesomeness.

Pat Summerall was great in his prime.

Sanjuro

Yeah, Boomer's a lot better without the laughing gas pumped into the CBS studios.

Dan Reeves was good on Westewood, too. I think he quit a few years ago.

I like all sides of Boomer. Would absolutely love to get a beer with the man, unlike that scumbag Marino.

Talon

I don't know what's worse on this Amtrak train - the dick on his cellphone trying to sell his business partner on buying into corporate housing in Detroit or the middle-aged couple cluelessly watching a horror movie on their laptop...without headphones.
I always preferred Stockton-Millen to Madden-Summerall. But then Millen when and ruined everything
Millen is terrible on college broadcast. It's incredible how useless he's become.

eznark

Banned
Double color commentating? I dunno. Dream team already happened: John Madden with Vin Scully. If they would have thrown Chick Hearn in there, the booth would have exploded with awesomeness.

Pat Summerall was great in his prime.

Fill in generic play by play guy. Probably Michaels I guess.

I don't know what's worse on this Amtrak train - the dick on his cellphone trying to sell his business partner on buying into corporate housing in Detroit or the middle-aged couple cluelessly watching a horror movie on their laptop...without headphones.

Millen is terrible on college broadcast. It's incredible how useless he's become.

What movie?

Rorschach

It's great people watching!

jakncoke

Banned

didnt rors get caught with a pee lady not but a month ago. just be thankfully talon. it could be worse

LJ11

The Urban Meyer/Chris Spielman color combo is probably the best I've listened to. Spielman talked too much by the end of the season, but man were the two of them on point. Complemented each other so well and made excellent observations, especially Meyer.

Talon

The Urban Meyer/Chris Spielman color combo is probably the best I've listened to. Spielman talked too much by the end of the season, but man were the two of them on point. Complemented each other so well and made excellent observations, especially Meyer.
Love me some Spielman. Think the guy's underrated. I like Herbie, but he doesn't add a ton on color commentary for the night game. Also, Mushmouth never shuts up.

"You are looking live at Honeybadger!"

Nick Saban is spectacular everytime he's on a halftime show. He cuts through the bullshit and points out a particular phase of the game or even position group that's making the difference. Also, I get a kick out of how he refuses to make eye contact with the camera. He's an asshole, but he's a hell of a football mind.

Top Bottom