• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Today I went to Primanti Bros. near the shadow of Heinz Field and PNC Park and had the Pitts-Burger. Awesome sandwich... I was looking around and Jesus Christ, I don't mean to beat a certain meme here but after scoping the members of the opposite sex in the place lets' say I was happy Big Ben was not around.

ari

Banned
Bears-Giants on CBS tomorrow night. =)

Now I don't have to watch the Vikings' game.
Giants gonna shit on the bears, not gonna set my hopes any higher then jay taint,lol-line, and a couple of "interception" jay cutler movie posters posted on every other page. In fact, I think that poster needs posting. It's quite funny actually. Lol

Kiryu

So... I just had a weird feeling that Seattle Seahawks had 7-9 record last season as Cards have 8-8 record but... Do you agree Seattle Seahawks was better team than Cardinals last season. I know that Cards was good enough to win 4 OT game. Right now, Arizona Cardinals are looking to be very bad this season.

I know this isn't place to argue about last season but I want to say it out of my head. Oh well, Past is past. I am forwarding to see more of Seahawks this 2012 season! Let's go 12th man!

K-19

Banned
Just saw a worst of of the Cards last night. :jnc, I'm not sure I've ever seen this many throws that bad in a single game.

Did Fitzgerald caught some?

Edit: what a good catch for the 57-yard one. LOL, Skelton who get sack in the first play ... and all these interceptions ...

In my noob FF a guy trade me Torrey Smith against Dez Bryant. I've accepted but it seems that Smith is just a probable starter for the Ravens, why?

Milchjon

Just some stuff from KSK:

teebtrash.jpg

RAIDERSPENALTIES.jpg

K-19

Banned
Like I said he don't know how to throw and it is for this that I have drafted Sanchez. He gonna take again his post.

K-19

Banned
The possibility of him being better than Tebow doesn't make Sanchez a viable QB.

He is on my bench and i picked him on the 15th round. But still, he is better than Tebow.

+this year he is competing with Tebow, maybe it'll force him to get better.

eznark

Banned
Soooooooo.... What's that on a scale of 1 to 10?

If her were 12, 25 yards is pretty awesome and would probably have won him $15-20 or so in the competition.

Throwing against Sanchize? I feel bad for that poor trash can. I wonder how many misses they each had before drilling it.

eznark

Banned
Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
NFL referees' attorney thinks lockout will continue at least 3-4 weeks into the regular season. http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/referees-attorney-nfl-predetermined-lockout-1.3923172

I still can't believe they would actually go into the regular season with replacement refs, given how laughably awful they have been so far.

The refs have been laughably awful for years. I'm not terribly worried about it and I definitely no not think the fucking striking clowns deserve any sort of compensation increases until their performance merits it.

Dragon

Banned
The refs have been laughably awful for years. I'm not terribly worried about it and I definitely no not think the fucking striking clowns deserve any sort of compensation increases until their performance merits it.

Yeah I'm not sure why we should feel sorry for the refs. They're just covering their own ass and won't even concede to having people that are bad at their job removed in favor of people who could do it better.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
wait, you honestly think that kubiak is a better coach than harbs? lol... Lol... LOLOLOL!
Show me where i said that?

and what is harbaughs schtick? taking mediocre teams and making them great? developing QB's? winning games? i don't think those things will ever run out.
his schtick is yelling. Eventually that wears thin. Or he'll die from a heart attack if the preseason game against the texans was any indication, yelling about this or that. Yelling about the PI against Martin, when it was pretty blatant PI. It's preseason homie needs to chillax.

Milchjon

Sheeeit. I thought I heard gunshots outside my office. Didn't know what it was... People shot outside of Empire State Building apparently?

Fascinating how news works. "Only" 2 confirmed dead so far apparently, but because you can cram "Empire States Building" into the headline, this is among the top news over here.

Dragon

Banned
Fascinating how news works. "Only" 2 confirmed dead so far apparently, but because you can cram "Empire States Building" into the headline, this is among the top news over here.

Yeah that's two blocks from my temp housing on Park Ave and there were a billion police cars heading that way as I walked to work.

captive

ehh i think that's an overstatement. The replacement refs are getting basic shit wrong. I think there's a pretty big difference between these refs and the real refs, even if the real refs get stuff wrong. Just end it, especially for how little the refs are actually asking for.

Bowser

The Empire State Building shooting stuff is chilling. As little as a month ago I used to walk by the ES building every morning around 9:05AM on my way to work until I moved to an apartment on the west side...

sonicmj1

ehh i think that's an overstatement. The replacement refs are getting basic shit wrong. I think there's a pretty big difference between these refs and the real refs, even if the real refs get stuff wrong. Just end it, especially for how little the refs are actually asking for.

Good thing the real refs never get basic stuff wrong.

419605278.jpg

Though I also think this dispute sounds way too trivial to be worth potentially damaging the regular season.

eznark

Banned
I don't. I'm hoping this is a serious catalyst for a total revamping of NFL officiating. More booth replays, fewer on field officials.

How many coin flips have they fucked up?

captive

Good thing the real refs never get basic stuff wrong.

419605278.jpg

Though I also think this dispute sounds way too trivial to be worth potentially damaging the regular season.
thats a silly mistake. I'm sure they got it right right after that.

I don't. I'm hoping this is a serious catalyst for a total revamping of NFL officiating. More booth replays, fewer on field officials.

How many coin flips have they fucked up?
no idea?

LukeSmith

The Urban Meyer/Chris Spielman color combo is probably the best I've listened to. Spielman talked too much by the end of the season, but man were the two of them on point. Complemented each other so well and made excellent observations, especially Meyer.

I don't know if it was the both of them, but Spielman called some Big 10 network games last year and he couldn't keep his anti-Michigan shit out of his commentary. It was like Musberger Deux, but dumber with a less annoying voice

eznark

Banned
I don't know if it was the both of them, but Spielman called some Big 10 network games last year and he couldn't keep his anti-Michigan shit out of his commentary. It was like Musberger Deux, but dumber with a less annoying voice

Yeah, I'm kind of shocked LJ likes him so much. Maybe because LJ isn't a big ten guy. Spielman doing a big ten game is basically like listening to the Ohio State broadcast. It's terrible.

Talon

Yeah, I'm kind of shocked LJ likes him so much. Maybe because LJ isn't a big ten guy. Spielman doing a big ten game is basically like listening to the Ohio State broadcast. It's terrible.
Meh, I'm an Ohio hater, and I like Spielman just fine.

bionic77

It's going to be awesome when the replacement refs make a horrible mistake that costs a team a win and it results in them losing their division, homefield, playoff spot, etc.

I can already taste the bitter tears. My God they are delicious!

Please let it happen to the Packers. I only say that because their fans are going to give us the best reaction. Praise be to Goodell for the entertainment that will ensue from his cheapness.

Skol Vikings, let's win this game,
Skol Vikings, honor your name,
Go get that first down,
Then get a touchdown.
Rock 'em Sock 'em
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Go Vikings, run up the score,
You'll hear us yell for more!
V-I-K-I-N-G-S
Skol, Vikings, let's go!

Heres hoping they can go 3 straight weeks without looking like a complete trainwreck.

eznark

Banned
It's going to be awesome when the replacement refs make a horrible mistake that costs a team a win and it results in them losing their division, homefield, playoff spot, etc.

I can already taste the bitter tears. My God they are delicious!

Please let it happen to the Packers. I only say that because their fans are going to give us the best reaction. Praise be to Goodell for the entertainment that will ensue from his cheapness.

Uh, didn't Hochuli do just that like two years ago?

Top Bottom