• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

evilhomer

casselfail.gif

Haha ya that was a hilarious celebration by Cassell.

Godslay

Banned
Like a starting quarterback.

To think he was taken considerably later than Osweiler just confuses me. I can understand it from a measurables point of view, but other than that Wilson just seems like so much of a better QB right now than almost anyone that was drafted after Luck and RG3. Hindsight is 20/20, good for him.

eznark

Banned
To think he was taken considerably later than Osweiler just confuses me. I can understand it from a measurables point of view, but other than that Wilson just seems like so much of a better QB right now than almost anyone that was drafted after Luck and RG3. Hindsight is 20/20, good for him.

I would have taken him over RG3 personally. Griffin obviously has a much, much higher ceiling but Wilson is just so God damned smart.

squicken

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Josh Freeman's preseason stats: 18-of-34 (52.9%) for 164 yards (4.82 YPA), 1 TD, 0 INTs. Has been checkdown machine:

How has Weedon looked? Box score says terrible.

just saw the first couple drives. looked okay but had some turnovers. they have a bad OL and slow WRs. They need to run it a lot, and fire Holmgren and never let him near a draft room ever again

After the RG3 trade fell apart, I wanted to the Browns to grab Wilson in a later round

Prince has a right ankle sprain. No fracture.

Kiwi has a groin strain. Hopefully recovery is quick for both.

Edit: first team d almost completely out and Forte running now.

squicken

Chiefs got roughed up by Rams first team. Could be they just suck.

Bears are so stupid on offense. why have Forte in there to take hits?

eznark

Banned
It's amazing looking back at how many people were against him due to his height.

Turbin with the nice TD. Looks like a good backup or combo with Lynch.

It's not surprising but it was disappointing. I wonder how many scouts didn't even really bother to seriously study his film.

bluemax

Banned

Osweiler is 6'8", Wilson is 5'11" that's pretty much all there is to it.

squicken said:
STL put 10 DBs on IR last year. Giants guys all mostly were back by playoffs.
Giants put 9 on IR last season if memory serves and the only one that came back was Prince who was on PUP.

It's a high ankle sprain for Prince. If it's a mild sprain, you're right but how overstated was that for Bradford last season? High ankle sprains can be a bitch if they are severe.

EDIT: 3-6 weeks minimum healing if it's not mild. That would all but guarantee Prince won't make the opener.

squicken

The Seahawks hold or commit PI every play. It's amazing how loose they are reffed.

EDIT: 3-6 weeks minimum healing if it's not mild. That would all but guarantee Prince won't make the opener.

High ankle sprains are killer. Rapist and Bradford were basically done after theirs.

edit: Bradford's initially was mild but they rushed him back and he aggravated the injury. Shut him down the last couple games and he was still whining about it over summer.

Talon

Giants put 9 on IR last season if memory serves and the only one that came back was Prince who was on PUP.

It's a high ankle sprain for Prince. If it's a mild sprain, you're right but how overstated was that for Bradford last season? High ankle sprains can be a bitch if they are severe.

Yeah, high ankle sprains linger. Lofton is suffering from one as well.

Top Bottom