• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

I'm just going to say this. I'm not sure what the Chiefs see in Matt Cassel. I've been watching this guy for a couple of years, and I haven't really been all that impressed.

evilhomer

This is a widely held complaint of your defense. Big, slow corners who clutch and grab all the way down field. but it's not holding if it isn't called

Browner is really the only one and he was called for plenty of penalties. People bitch and whine about how the rules were changed to make it so receivers can't be guarded than when the Sehawks try to play physical back people bitch and whine some more...Yes it's annoying that Browner makes some dumb penalties but I'll take it for a physical secondary.

Pick 6 ET :D

race for barkley

-vikes
-steamers
-lolPhins
-Chefs
-bears

dm_120818_nfl_kolb_response.jpg

Afrikan

This game is just funny now.

eh, if you are going to get blown out....embarrassed at home....well, you might as well do in preseason or at least early in the season..

This should be a good wake up call for any type of complacency the players might have had with their good finish last year. I expect them to look better after this game.

now as far as the Seahawks, I said watch out for them...but the fact that Wilson might win the starting role might bite them in the ass as the season goes on.

sure he could and looks like the long term answer, but when he starts making rookie mistakes during the season...it might cost them some important games. He is not going to be able to run like that against my 9ers.

Afrikan

hey where is Flynn? hmm interesting...its not like showcasing Jackson now will help their cause.

maybe they will try to trade Flynn to the Cardinals for a 2nd rd pick and Patrick Peterson.

Bowser

hey where is Flynn? hmm interesting...its not like showcasing Jackson now will help their cause.

maybe they will try to trade Flynn to the Cardinals for a 2nd rd pick and Patrick Peterson.

Cheatin' Pete said he wouldn't play tonight due to a sore throwing shoulder

*coughbullshitcough*

edit: lol CLEAR intentional grounding by Campbell and replacement refs don't call anything

Kiryu

eh, if you are going to get blown out....embarrassed at home....well, you might as well do in preseason or at least early in the season..

This should be a good wake up call for any type of complacency the players might have had with their good finish last year. I expect them to look better after this game.

now as far as the Seahawks, I said watch out for them...but the fact that Wilson might win the starting role might bite them in the ass as the season goes on.

sure he could and looks like the long term answer, but when he starts making rookie mistakes during the season...it might cost them some important games. He is not going to be able to run like that against my 9ers.
Are you scared of Seahawks with "Everyday I'm Russellin'" style now?

Seda

Hopefully tonight was just a one quarter disaster. I'm still surprised this team did nothing to address the O line. And they want to be a run first team lol

squicken

Palmer is trying really hard to lose. He wants a new team.

Why just today on the radio I heard about your young and talented WRs. Palmer just needs to be okay. D is solid up front. Probably the favorites to deliver the kill shot to Peyton's career. Not sure Allen is any better than Crazy Hue, though

Rorschach

Why just today on the radio I heard about your young and talented WRs. Palmer just needs to be okay. D is solid up front. Probably the favorites to deliver the kill shot to Peyton's career. Not sure Allen is any better than Crazy Hue, though

DL is nice, but no secondary, lbs suck. We got rid of our best LB and corner.

I took Cam Newton with my first fantasy pick. Dumb? Or a steal?

Dumb steal. Someone probably wanted him, so you stole him, but it was still a dumb thing to do.

Godslay

Banned

Raiders are the real wild card in the division imo.

Godslay

Banned
It seems to be between the Chargers and Broncos. The Chargers have OL issues, though. I think Peyton will take it. :/ Our secondary is going to get ABUSED by him. They leave so many open gaps.

That seems to be the consensus. The thing that worries me is that Denver is considerably weak at LB. It's really bad. If we can't stop the run, then Peyton doesn't see the field. Unless someone steps up, it's a glaring weakness.

As far as the Chargers, I never trust Norv, but they do have a good team.

If the Raiders don't beat themselves, and talent meets potential I think they have a good team. Allen is a loud, get your shit together kind of coach, so he might whip them into shape. I'm definitely not counting them out. I agree with Squicken that Palmer just has to be decent for them to succeed.

Afrikan

Are you scared of Seahawks with "Everyday I'm Russellin'" style now?

no but they do have a good running game...they have the only RB who rushed for a TD against us...Marshawn is one of my favorite players so I know how good he is.

and their secondary is really good...and just their overall defense is good. So anything positive they can add to that should be a benefit.

they played us tough last year...they had the momentum in the second half of our first game, but Ted Ginn bailed us out. So going to once again keep an eye on them.

I think we'll be fine against them however, but it will be entertaining to see how fans who underestimate them react if their team loses to the Seahawks, while Russelin or not.

Seda

@RapSheet

Bucs Pro Bowl guard Davin Joseph's knee injury will end his season, per a source with knowledge of his condition. Bound for Injured Reserve.

Rorschach

Sucks about Davin Joseph.

That seems to be the consensus. The thing that worries me is that Denver is considerably weak at LB. It's really bad. If we can't stop the run, then Peyton doesn't see the field. Unless someone steps up, it's a glaring weakness.

As far as the Chargers, I never trust Norv, but they do have a good team.

If the Raiders don't beat themselves, and talent meets potential I think they have a good team. Allen is a loud, get your shit together kind of coach, so he might whip them into shape. I'm definitely not counting them out. I agree with Squicken that Palmer just has to be decent for them to succeed.

The penalty issue seems to be fixed (miraculously), but Palmer is just too much of a liability. Plus, there are injuries all over the place.

Top Bottom