• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

First team offense and defense looked great. Pretty happy overall. David Wilson in particular was a big highlight and Barden had the game I've been wanting to see.

Looking forward to another year of Matt Cassel wasting his teammates' careers. Another year of back to back to back 3 and outs forcing the defense to stay on the field until they break down. Can't wait to see how they avoid drafting a quarterback next year.

TheFrankman said:
Ramses is playing for his jerb. There's every chance he could be cut next week.
He's been playing for his jerb all preseason and he hasn't done shit until tonight. He's completely on the bubble. The fact that he doesn't play special teams makes it all the more likely he could be cut. Reese isn't quick to cut and run on his high draft picks though.

Oh and I know he's often mentioned but what has Hixon done exactly? I think he's on the bubble as well.

Nightz

Chargers undefeated in the preseason so far, woo.

Ingram injury sucks, but it's not serious, and he should be playing in Week 1.

Not to be a debbie downer, but we won with 4 FG's. :\ I just want to see a healthy O-line that can actually protect the QB.

effzee

I either stole the draft or doomed myself:

QB
E. Manning
A. Dalton

RB
L.McCoy
J. Charles
F. Jackson
D. Williams

WR
S. Johnson
A. Boldin
J. Jones
T.O.

TE
O. Daniels
D. Keller

Defense
Houston

16 team league. 1 QB, 3RBs, 2 WRs, 1 W/T, 1 TE, 1 K, & 1Def start with 4 bench.

TheFrankman said:
Trying to come back after tearing two ACLs is no easy feat. At least give him time.
I'm not the one he has to impress. He has one catch to his name in three preseason games. There is a pretty heated competition going on for that third WR position with young guys flashing right now and he's shown nothing.

He's not returning punts anymore either. I know he's well liked by the fans (hell I like him!) but as a GM, Reese is going to have to look at production.

EDIT: Injury updates:

Ohm Youngmisuk & #8207;@NotoriousOHM

Coughlin says he needs more info on Prince. Was told by Dr. Warren it is a "mild" high ankle sprain
Good.

Kiwi says he shouldn't be out more than week with the groin sprain. He'll be there for the opener.

ibm3rb2KDM0y8N.gif

LJ11

Looking forward to another year of Matt Cassel wasting his teammates' careers. Another year of back to back to back 3 and outs forcing the defense to stay on the field until they break down. Can't wait to see how they avoid drafting a quarterback next year.

got a good laugh out of this. ive said this so many times over the years.

RBH

Quarterback Josh Freeman got off to a slow start in the Bucs’ first two preseason games, and he wasn’t any better Friday night against the Patriots.

Continuing to look uncomfortable in new coordinator Mike Sullivan’s offense, Freeman completed 10-of-19 passes for 102 yards. He has leaned heavily on $55 million wideout Vincent Jackson throughout August, but otherwise relied mostly on checkdowns for his completions and failed to deliver the football accurately to receivers. Freeman is averaging under five yards per pass attempt this preseason, which is a pretty pathetic clip.

After a promising first season as a starter in 2010, Freeman took a big step back in 2011. He’s now adjusting to a new system and clearly experiencing growing pains.

Through three preseason games, Freeman is 18-of-34 passing for 164 yards, one touchdown, and no interceptions. Along with the rest of Tampa Bay’s first-teamers, Freeman doesn’t figure to play much in the exhibition finale.
c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

ChanHuk

Banned
DL is nice, but no secondary, lbs suck. We got rid of our best LB and corner.

Wimbley lol, that guy was not our best LB. They were all mediocre at best. But that convict Rolando is the best LB on the team. People over exaggerate Wimbley. The guy had 4 of his 7 sacks against a undrafted rookie LT (Thanks to Aaron Curry, that hard hitting mother fucker), sucked against the run, and was horrible in coverage. Raiders defense suffered from not having Shaughnessy at DE, that guy is a complete DE. Not to mention a competent d coordinator. Putting your MLB on Megatron without any help? LOL

I'll say this though, the Raiders would've won the AFC West if the defense showed up. Bills, Broncos, Lions. Hue was too crazy really for his own good, especially putting his players on blast at the end of the season. You simply don't do that as a head coach. He's definitely a good coordinator, but as a HC, he was too crazy.

JaY P.

DL is nice, but no secondary, lbs suck. We got rid of our best LB and corner.

Please don't tell me you mean Wimbley? Judging by the the 2 preseason games, Wheeler is a better all-around LB than Wimbley will ever be. Wheeler can cover, blitz, and maintain his gap well.

When / If Curry gets back, Oakland should have a serviceable LB corps.

I am a little worried about the Oakland CBs though. Bartell and Spencer are barely adequate now. If either of them go down the Raiders will be in a world of hurt.

Patriots7

Didn't watch the Pats game. How did Chandler Jones, Hightower, and Solder look?
Jones was great.
Didn't pay too much attention to Hightower.
Solder played pretty well, much better than his prior preseason performances
Demps was awesome, especially considering that he just started practicing with the team. Definitely the most interesting (and explosive) back to watch.

Jones was great.
Didn't pay too much attention to Hightower.
Solder played pretty well, much better than his prior preseason performances
Demps was awesome, especially considering that he just started practicing with the team. Definitely the most interesting (and explosive) back to watch.

How was Dowling?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Going to say it, as a Jet fan I thought the Patriots performance tonight was very lackluster

As most NFL viewers would say, it is going to be an interesting season but with a Jets major upgrade at right tackle the playoffs is almost out of reach.

The way the Jets go either you believe in Sanchez or not, I will be honest either he is a Trent Dilfer or her is not. I am a self hating Jets fan, have been for along time and I believe if we somehow upgrade the right tackle position we will at least control our own position come playoff time.

Milchjon

Really disheartening performance. I was expecting this team to be at least marginally improved over last year. Seeing the Oline turn to absolute shit and the secondary still having a lot of problems is disappointing.

Looks like the AFC East will just be shit overall this year.

jakncoke

Banned
squicken how does it feel to birth the spawn of frenchman walteur into your religion of :squickening

I think anyone that squickens should be branded

7TyDC.jpg

JaMarco

Pats fans: can one of you explain to me Rob Ninkovich? I mean what does he do? Everyone in Boston always talks about how great he is but I've never seen it. Jones was a beast last night even while getting doubled a lot yet Ninkovich did nothing I saw to take advantage of single blocking. The guy has 11 sacks in six years. I just don't get why fans and the team treat him like he's an all-pro or something. I must be missing something here.

TheFatOne

Really disheartening performance. I was expecting this team to be at least marginally improved over last year. Seeing the Oline turn to absolute shit and the secondary still having a lot of problems is disappointing.

Looks like the AFC East will just be shit overall this year.

Vjax always kills the Pats corners.The defense will improve with time. I feel like the defense will struggle, but will be better this season. We just have to hope McCourty improves as the season goes along. The oline worries me though. They are one injury away from being garbage.
Pats fans: can one of you explain to me Rob Ninkovich? I mean what does he do? Everyone in Boston always talks about how great he is but I've never seen it. Jones was a beast last night even while getting doubled a lot yet Ninkovich did nothing I saw to take advantage of single blocking. The guy has 11 sacks in six years. I just don't get why fans and the team treat him like he's an all-pro or something. I must be missing something here.
I haven't watched the game yet
Fuck NFL blackout rules
Let me guess missed tackles, getting blocked consistently, and blown assignments.

K-19

Banned
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-posts-his-300-cell-phone-fine-on-instagram/

Broncos rookie cornerback Omar Bolden was fined $300 for using his cell phone in a team meeting. And then he used his cell phone to tell everyone about his fine.

According to the memo, there’s a section in the team’s code of conduct reading, “There shall be no using cell phones and similar PDAs.” The maximum fine allowed for violating that rule is $1,885, so Bolden (a fourth-round draft pick who signed a four-year, $2.57 million contract) got off relatively easy with a fine of only $300.

LOL, your team make you pay fines when you break a rule? lol
Football is strange sometimes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-posts-his-300-cell-phone-fine-on-instagram/

LOL, your team make you pay fines when you break a rule? lol
Football is strange sometimes.

Nothing wrong with a fine.

His nickname is Nikopoop for a reason. He does a lot of things okay at best, but nothing he does is really good. He has his moments especially in coverage, but his pass rush is pretty ineffective. I hope Cunningham is able to take his spot as DE and they move Nink to LB as a solid backup with Fletcher out.

K-19

Banned
gotta keep you in line!

Yes, but there is other way to keep a guy in line. Doing amry punition, cork off the W.C or others stuff like this. Plus the guy got a lot of money, he can don't get a shit with that this fines. Need a real sanction for him to learn the rules.

Top Bottom