• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

I guess it only makes sense that an SF team does this:
Niners are the first NFL team to film an "it gets better" video.

Semi-related: Isaac Sopoaga's hair is pretty damn awesome.

:jnc at the comments section:

"Elsewhere in the NFC West, the Rams have filmed an "It Can't Get Much Worse" video."

All jerseys from the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL ranked from #1 down to #122:

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/st...rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

Packers logo one of the best in sports. You don't say.

green-bay-packers-logo.jpg

A thing of beauty

cajunator

Banned

Touchdown

Banned
I feel bad for my dad, he's a rams fan. XD He even has a tattoo of the rams logo on his upper left arm haha. I keep telling him AT LEAST he has a superbowl win. I'm an eagles fan... :/

How bout dat Russell Wilson, eh? I knew he'd blow up. Pete better do the right thing and give him the starting gig. Flynn is about to join the ranks of Cassell and Kolb.

How bout dat Russell Wilson, eh? I knew he'd blow up. Pete better do the right thing and give him the starting gig. Flynn is about to join the ranks of Cassell and Kolb.

he has looked great but lets remember a few things:

1. he did this against the chiefs.... the same chiefs team that made sam grampsford look like a hall of famer last week
2. he hasn't played a regular season game
3. he is actually legally defined as a "little person"
4. he is a filthy seachicken

all joking aside he has shown some potential. i hope the seachickens start him because i guarantee there will be enough growing pains early that they will be out of the division race late! but i'd probably take him over noodle arm flynn. for once the NFL was smart and didn't give the packers anything for a shitty backup. i guess only the eagles have the ability to fleece teams!

I pretty much agree with everything in this article:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/25/2967161/miami-dolphins-dress-rehersal.html

But know this: The problem with this offense right now (and by extension this team) does not start with Tannehill, with his raw inexperience or with all he has to learn.
The problem is everybody else.

The problem with Tannehill is his non-supporting cast. This poor kid doesn’t need a playbook, he needs a Help Wanted sign.

To be fair, Jake Long is an excellent left tackle, of course. And Reggie Bush is a decent running back in glimpses and spurts, though closer to just-OK than elite.

But that’s about it.

I hate to use jargon or technical terms, but if you’d indulge me I’d say this Miami offense looks downright stinky.

New coach Joe Philbin and new offensive coordinator Mike Sherman are trying to mask the lack of playmakers with tempo and speed, with a fast-paced attack that often dispenses with the traditional huddle and makes routine the pace of a two-minute drill.

How come Atlanta has a blossoming quarterback in Matt Ryan — whom the Dolphins could have drafted instead of Long a few years back — while Miami is tardily just now getting around to a long-term solution there?

How come the Falcons have a better runner, in Michael Turner, than anyone here?

How come the Falcons have an accomplished tight end in Tony Gonzalez while the best Miami can offer is ordinary Anthony Fasano, whose three drops Friday included one on the goal line?

How come Atlanta has two very good wide receivers in Roddy White and Julio Jones while Miami is stuck with an undistinguished group — maybe the worst in the league — that Ireland himself described on Hard Knocks as a collection of “fours, fives and sixes”?

How did it get to this point that Atlanta has assembled an offense that helps make Ryan’s job look easy while Miami is saddled with an offense that makes Tannehill’s job so much harder
?

Our offense just plain sucks. Bess is our only decent receiver, but other than that, shitty recievers and tight ends.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Still have 6 spots open in the NEOGAF stragglers league (Yahoo FF).

Contact chuckddd!

Feel free to post the link. And I'll be happy with 2, 4 or 6 more. I can always cut the league down to fit (as long as there's an even number of teams.)

Presenting the Straggler's Fantasy Football league.

Still want to play fantasy football with some gaffer's? It's not too late. Click the link to join!

LINK

Draft is set for 8/31 @ 5 pm eastern. I can probably move it, if necessary. The only requirement I have for joiners is to identify yourself when you join. Either make it obvious in your team name or post a note in the league.

JOIN. JOIN NOW!

Free league?

Yup.

MechDX

It's a stupid design imo.

PSN is shitty. Transformers demo took me near two hours to download then I had to wait 10 more minutes for it to install. 360 version took 20 minutes with no installation time.

Same internet connection and same router. My guess would be MS has some patent on how it downloads. Patents are all the rage these days.

Nightz

PSN is shitty. Transformers demo took me near two hours to download then I had to wait 10 more minutes for it to install. 360 version took 20 minutes with no installation time.

Same internet connection and same router. My guess would be MS has some patent on how it downloads. Patents are all the rage these days.

I'm the opposite. 360 downloads are slow as molasses while PS3 downloads are fast (install time is a different thing though).

Maybe it is a So Cal thing like Rors said. ;)

Greg

I used to get shit download speeds on my PS3 when wired, but my Vita consistently downloads through wireless at 1.5+ MB/s

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Maybe it's a so-cal thing. :cool:
Aren't Sony's PSN guys based in San Diego? Of course you guys would have no issues. ;P

I wish people in here kept it over there. Shit is annoying in here.

I've never had any issues with PSN in terms of speed - its actually faster for me than Steam and I have no idea why.

Bitch about X, proceed to join right in to doing X. Nicely done. :p

MechDX

I used to get shit download speeds on my PS3 when wired, but my Vita consistently downloads through wireless at 1.5+ MB/s

I have tried the PS3 wired and wireless, same either way.
You just drew more NFL-age people over there to die!

NFL Age must stick together! We are a forum within a forum! Except Pats fans.

If I d/l off of psn, I always just let it go overnight. I hate watching that slow ass progress bar!

Make it a drinking game. Everytime the bar moves take a shot! 28 hours of drinking!

Aren't Sony's PSN guys based in San Diego? Of course you guys would have no issues. ;P
I still had some issues trying to download the Dust 514 beta. It'd get to 98% or 99% and then just die out on me and I'd have to restart it. Then it'd finish and be corrupted so I had to do it all over again. Never had this problem before but it's working fine now.

Godslay

Banned

I've noticed a difference between the two as well. Like others have said Steam is fast. It took me several hours to download MLB: The Show on the Vita, which irc was around 3 GB. I can't really complain too much considering it's free, but it could be better.

Bitch about X, proceed to join right in to doing X. Nicely done. :p

:jnc @ the callout.

I'm in the midwest maybe that has something to do with it. Even with that said download methods having separate methods is bad design.

PSN can be slow as fuck, sometimes I start it up to play GT5 and before I can play again after PSN updates and GT5 updates I've already lost like half an hour. And I have 100 MB Internet so it's not me, it's them.

Greg

PSN can be slow as fuck, sometimes I start it up to play GT5 and before I can play again after PSN updates and GT5 updates I've already lost like half an hour. And I have 100 MB Internet so it's not me, it's them.
Patriot fans get slower speeds.

Commissioners too.

i used to fucking hate PSN because i had that problem and recently (within the last year) shit has been lightning fast for me. i have no idea why because nothing in my setup changed (i'm on wireless btw)

PSN has improved so much since it first debuted. really like both PSN and xbl to be honest. the thing i like most about psn is that i'm not bombarded with ads as soon as i get on. im not usually one to complain about ads but the way that MS has the dashboard setup makes it so jumbled

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
PSN has always been fast when downloading a rented movie for me. And this is over wifi with the first gen model.

MattDoza

Greatest Madden preview vid ever? Two guys who don't follow football play Madden 13:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-madden-nfl-13/17-6488/

lol at 8:15 at the rabies warning to Ravens fans in the ticker.

It's so funny to me that the things that myself, and anyone who plays these games annually, find so terrible in Madden are still terrible to the absolute most casual football fans.

Jeff doing a robot voice for Gronk in each of his TD catches was hilarious. Movement in Madden can look so damn robotic.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Greatest Madden preview vid ever? Two guys who don't follow football play Madden 13:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-madden-nfl-13/17-6488/

lol at 8:15 at the rabies warning to Ravens fans in the ticker.

Yeah it's so much better than Madden itself.

The ending to the video is some of the funniest shit I've ever seen. FIFA has had the same problems with players randomly tripping over each other but nothing remotely like that. Would love to see that shit happen in real life.

Aight gaf just finish my draft. I know no fantasy stuff here but I know I can get some real opinions about it in here. Note: We use defense players and had 2 flex spots. 12 person team

1. (11) Matthew Stafford
(Det - QB)
2. (14) Wes Welker
(NE - WR)
3. (35) Steven Jackson
(StL - RB)
4. (38) Ahmad Bradshaw
(NYG - RB)
5. (59) Dwayne Bowe
(KC - WR)
6. (62) Vernon Davis
(SF - TE)
7. (83) BenJarvus Green-Ellis
(Cin - RB)
8. (86) Sebastian Janikowski
(Oak - K)
9. (107) Malcom Floyd
(SD - WR)
10. (110) New York
(NYJ - DEF)
11. (131) Andy Dalton
(Cin - QB)
12. (134) Isaac Redman
(Pit - RB)
13. (155) James Laurinaitis
(StL - LB)
14. (158) Kendall Wright
(Ten - WR)
15. (179) Dallas Clark
(TB - TE)
16. (182) Charles Johnson
(Car - DE)
17. (203) Cincinnati
(Cin - DEF)
18. (206) Lawrence Tynes
(NYG - K)

effzee

Feel free to post the link. And I'll be happy with 2, 4 or 6 more. I can always cut the league down to fit (as long as there's an even number of teams.)

Any chance we can move our draft time to earlier that same day? Say around 4-5pm instead? Will be at a wedding later.

If not no biggie I'll rank my players and let the cpu pick.

Top Bottom