• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

mr2xxx

Banned
Drive isn't bad but it is overhyped by the same people that hate dumb action blockbuster movies despite the fact that Drive is the damn same thing but geared toward the hipster crowd.

squicken

You actually liked Drive? The best thing about Drive was that it ended.

I am conflicted on Drive. Loved Albert Brooks. I thought it was very "cool" in certain spots, but it just didn't really work. Feel the same way about "The American". Both kind of have a stickiness to them that most movies don't. I actually remember the movies where I've nearly forgotten everything about Hunger Games and Sherlock Holmes 2

mr2xxx

Banned
I'm not sure yet.

He is fairly old (27) for an RB, but the speculation is to front load his contract and limit the years. He's still considerably younger than McGahee, and a huge upgrade. If he's good for 3 years, then I think it would be worth it considering Manning's window is fairly small 3-5 years or less.

Wouldn't be a bad choice at all, what is the cap space in Denver?

I honestly think if you strip away the aesthetic Drive is fucking horrible. It's the cool look and 80s-ish vibe/music that got people's attention. THe plot/acting and actual movie is completely forgettable though.

cajunator

Banned
I heard the new field in the Superdome is shit and has caused a lot of the Saints injuries. This true?

Not sure. Some of the players hadn't practiced on the turf yet. The turf usually causes some injuries every year for players not used to it. Turf toe and sprains and shit like that.
The Saints are holding out Lofton because of his sprain but he is said to be good to go for a real game. Hawthorne is kind of banged up, and chamberlain is out with an ACL. VIlma is of course suspended so we have scrubs at Linebacker, and Shanle, who never seems to go away. The secondary and Dline seem to be substantially improved so hopefully they can assist the linebackers cause they're going to need it. Foster and Tate will have a field day tonight.

squicken

I honestly think if you strip away the aesthetic Drive is fucking horrible. It's the cool look and 80s-ish vibe/music that got people's attention. THe plot/acting and actual movie is completely forgettable though.

That's probably true. The same way The American evokes slower paced 70s thrillers but is pretty weak as a movie. But I'll take that over modern action movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

Opening credit song to Drive. Very cool

Godslay

Banned
Wouldn't be a bad choice at all, what is the cap space in Denver?

I don't remember the number off the top of my head even though I saw it discussed just this week. If we can work out a trade deal, I'm sure we can find the money.

Edit: Found it 11.7 million.

Milchjon

Drive had great actors, great music, nice visuals and some really impactful violence. I was disappointed in some ways, as it just felt somehow "small", like made for TV, but at the same time it kinda stuck with me.

So the Cheats lost to the Yucs huh?
Guess Schiano is learning a bit too well from the master.
It doesn't matter though, we'll probably put up 60+ on the Yucs, in both games.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
e8a7a450c85a012fdff0001dd8b71c47

Didn't know what was better the drive, or the Nickelback.
:jnc
You took our hometown favorite Ragin Cajun and ruined him, then you gave him to the Browns:(
He would have just been corrupted by your "unique culture."
Pretty sure when Cam was referring to himself as "icon", he actually meant "I con".
Lies! Slander!

Top Bottom