• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

Why Colts ran less no-huddle

"The rest of the coaches say, ‘Hey coach, my guys can’t learn that. You have to slow down man.’ We can’t judge it off him because his learning curve is so fast. I have to judge it off the tight ends and receivers and running backs so we don’t get the quarterback killed.”

Just because Luck can take things on at an accelerated pace, doesn’t mean the guys around him can. And those are the guys who set the pace.

During Norm Chow’s brief stint as the Titans offensive coordinator, I had a conversation with him about this sort of thing.

He said one challenge in the meeting room, perhaps the biggest challenge, is installing stuff only as fast as the slowest guy can really get it, while not boring the fastest guy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/40161/why-arians-slowed-down-his-no-huddle

BigAT

Matt Glassford already in regular season form.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford broke a blood vessel in his left hand but still expects to be ready for Detroit's regular-season opener

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Matt Glassford already in regular season form.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford broke a blood vessel in his left hand but still expects to be ready for Detroit's regular-season opener

Yeah, I'm looking forward to him finally having a great season where he's not injured all the time.

Oh, wait...

He's taken about the same amount and type of hits Vick took this preseason and popped right back up

The hit Vick took on his ribs what a pretty vicious one. Manning has not taken a hit like that this preseason.

And he likely won't. It's Vick's style of play along with his slight frame that gets him injured so much. Manning just doesn't open himself up to hits the way Vick does.

squicken

I know Giants fans like the guy, so a Steve smith update

Despite working a lot with first unit, he is on the bubble. With Amendola being the clear slot guy, they needed Smith to demonstrate he could play on the outside. He's been having lots of trouble playing out there. Gets jammed a lot and can't beat man coverage consistently. What may save him is the two rookies aren't close to being able to start. Neither has played with the starters except a play or two a game. Problem for Smith is it's hard to keep a guy who isn't a playmaker and can't play ST

edit: ez Smith's drop rate (in NY) is about the same as Brandon Gibson's. If he can't play outside he really doesn't have value. Their roster is a mess since neither rookie is able to play right now. Those two are the only WRs with speed. They didn't think much of Blackmon and said Quick was going to be fine even though he played at Appalachian State. He's not. Offense is probably going to be hot garbage until the WRs mature and they replace the QB

eznark

Banned
I know Giants fans like the guy, so a Steve smith update

Despite working a lot with first unit, he is on the bubble. With Amendola being the clear slot guy, they needed Smith to demonstrate he could play on the outside. He's been having lots of trouble playing out there. Gets jammed a lot and can't beat man coverage consistently. What may save him is the two rookies aren't close to being able to start. Neither has played with the starters except a play or two a game. Problem for Smith is it's hard to keep a guy who isn't a playmaker and can't play ST

The thought of the Rams cutting any guys who can catch the ball is funny to me.

Speaking of WR's, I guess Toon is finally going to play this week.

IJxS8l.jpg

Satan will be watching over me for the next month or two. All I have to do is look up from my computer and there he is, in full view. I think if Bionic worked in my office he'd have to quit.

I can't wait until they paint those Uggs on him. It's got to be an Uggs ad right? I'll update once I can confirm.

IJxS8l.jpg

Satan will be watching over me for the next month or two. All I have to do is look up from my computer and there he is, in full view. I think if Bionic worked in my office he'd have to quit.

I can't wait until they paint those Uggs on him. It's got to be an Uggs ad right? I'll update once I can confirm.

you are a lucky man

Milchjon

IJxS8l.jpg

That's awesome. Don't be surprised when your career takes off over the next few weeks, with the eyes of a semigod watching over you. His awesomeness will rub off on you.

IJxS8l.jpg

It would only be right for them to paint Jesus Walkers on him

Jesus-Sandals-.jpg

By the way watching those guys paint that always impresses me. They're on their way down now, we should find out what shoes he's wearing in an hour or so. They're spending more time reworking his hair. Just like Tom.

I've only heard good things about Madden. I'll be playing it nonstop regardless but its always better when its actually a complete game.

Steelers cuts:

K Daniel Hrapmann.
S Myron Rolle,
LB Mortty Ivy,
LB Ryan Baker,
DT Mike Blanc,
WR Paul Cox,
CB Andre Freeman,
LS Matt Katula,
TE Jamie McCoy,
CB Walter McFadden,
TE Justin Peelle,
OL Kyle Jolly,
WR Juamorris Stewart,
DT Kade Weston
WR Jimmy Young.

Fantomex

By the way watching those guys paint that always impresses me. They're on their way down now, we should find out what shoes he's wearing in an hour or so. They're spending more time reworking his hair. Just like Tom.

I've only heard good things about Madden. I'll be playing it nonstop regardless but its always better when its actually a complete game.

What system you getting it for?

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Nice detail -- Aaron Hernandez is donating $50K to the Patriots Charitable Foundation in honor of Myra Kraft with this deal done.

... Hernandez is making the donation as an appreciation towards Robert Kraft, for having the faith to take him in the draft, extend him now.

Always keep Myra our hearts

Nice detail -- Aaron Hernandez is donating $50K to the Patriots Charitable Foundation in honor of Myra Kraft with this deal done.

... Hernandez is making the donation as an appreciation towards Robert Kraft, for having the faith to take him in the draft, extend him now.

Always keep Myra our hearts

I wonder if krafts new 18 year old gf will make a donation

TheFatOne

Hernandez was the steal of that draft.

If he didnt smoke weed he would have a been a 1st.

I still can't believe they found both of them in one draft. Year after year of failed TE picks, and in one year you get two studs. It's also nice seeing the draft picks improve over the last few years. Some of those drafts were brutal.

Sanjuro

I still can't believe they found both of them in one draft. Year after year of failed TE picks, and in one year you get two studs. It's also nice seeing the draft picks improve over the last few years. Some of those drafts were brutal.

I disagree. We have had solid players at the tight end position for years. We just happen to have two of the best in the entire league at the moment. I also remember some fans crying about "why the hell did we draft two TEs in the same draft, you idiot Belichick!".

Bowser

Eric Norwood tweeted he was cut. Had high hopes for the guy as a pass rushing threat when we drafted him, but he just never panned out.

edit: Schefter just tweeted Giants put both Canty and Beckum on the PUP list

Sanjuro

IJxS8l.jpg

That's amazing. Are you in an office environment where other people come to your desk? Every other day you should add more Brady photos to your desk/wallpaper. Start showing up to work with strange haircuts and shoe choices.

HR will give you a paid vacation to purge demons.

Top Bottom