• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

TheFatOne

Donte Stallworth getting the axe.

Not surprised. Brady and Branch chemistry is just to good. There was one play on a third and long that sealed it for me. Third and long Brady gives Branch a look he gets just enough separation on a route, and Brady hits him for the first down. I think Ebner has a real shot at making the team. He made some nice plays in the last game. Do you think Koppen will be cut?

Giants cuts:

CB Antwaum Molden
TE Ryan Purvis
DE Carlton Powell
S Chris Horton
WR Julian Talley
WR Brandon Collins
TE Christian Hopkins
CB Brandon Bing
S Jojo Nicolas
FB Joe Martinek
T Joel Reinders
DT Oren Wilson

Martinek is a practice squadder if he clears waivers. The Giants like him.

TheFrankman said:
Not ALL Giants fans.
Aside from the Eagles signing, I'm not sure what's to dislike. Steve contributed to that '07 run and was our third down offense for a good while.

IJxS8l.jpg

Satan will be watching over me for the next month or two. All I have to do is look up from my computer and there he is, in full view. I think if Bionic worked in my office he'd have to quit.

I can't wait until they paint those Uggs on him. It's got to be an Uggs ad right? I'll update once I can confirm.

are you allowed to jack off at work?

Sanjuro

Not surprised. Brady and Branch chemistry is just to good. There was one play on a third and long that sealed it for me. Third and long Brady gives Branch a look he gets just enough separation on a route, and Brady hits him for the first down. I think Ebner has a real shot at making the team. He made some nice plays in the last game. Do you think Koppen will be cut?

Branch isn't that old, but clearly doesn't have the speed. Just make great route choices and have the hands to compete at a high level where in most scenarios he is getting his job lost to the faster/younger/sexier options. The second part of this the quarterback. If not skilled enough the extra effort means nothing. It's really the perfect scenario for Branch.

No idea on Koppen. I don't feel strongly enough either way at this point.

Aside from the Eagles signing, I'm not sure what's to dislike. Steve contributed to that '07 run and was our third down offense for a good while.
Not a fan of the ridiculous shitting he did on the Giants/organization that helped make him famous, like the Giants somehow did him wrong by asking him to see a doctor so they could have a 2nd opinion.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm back bitches!

I am now adequately fat from eating in American restaurants and I saw my autodraft in the cat.gif league turned out pretty decent.

cajunator

Banned
Saints roster cuts

The team has terminated the contracts of the following vested veterans:
• DT Remi Ayodele
• QB Luke McCown
The team has waived the following players:
• TE Jake Byrne
• WR Marques Clark
• T Hutch Eckerson
• G Paul Fenaroli
• C Brian Folkerts
• WR Kevin Hardy
• CB Kamaal McIlwain
• DT Swanson Miller
• WR Derek Moye
• CB Cord Parks
• DE Donavan Robinson
• LB Aaron Tevis
• S Johnny Thomas

Interestingly, they kept godawful Sean Canfield over the veteran Luke McCown. I'm guessing this means that Canfield still shows something in practice , because I sure as hell cant see it on the field. Chase Daniel seems to be picking up the offense extremely well and I would be confident in him managing a couple games if Brees went down.

Remi has been a valuable backup in years past, but it seems like he just gout outplayed by younger talent on the roster.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ocho Cinco released
TO released
Vince Young released
Mike Vick injured
Cam Newton a thief

4 out of 5 so far for me to shit on my buddy about for his fave players. This offseason has been fantastic.

Draxal

Giants cuts:

Well, Giants fans did chase him off twitter and facebook after that incident. Giants fans are a pretty vengeful bunch, pretty much the same situation as Tiki Barber. As for Tiki, I kinda feel bad for the guy but I do think it's hilarious Strahan got his dream job.

cajunator

Banned
Ocho Cinco released
TO released
Vince Young released
Mike Vick injured
Cam Newton a thief

4 out of 5 so far for me to shit on my buddy about for his fave players. This offseason has been fantastic.

4 of them are divas. Kind of fitting.
Cam is not as much of one, but he needs to be careful not to fall into that trap with his early success.

eznark said:
I wish I had done that before playing GW2. I think I may never get back to it now.
I'm pretty far along (nearly 20 hours in) thankfully but I know that feeling. The original Guild Wars took over my life for nearly a year and a half off and on and I still went back for each new expansion.

Alligatorjandro said:
Darksiders 2 has been my favorite game of the yea so far.
It's very good, yes. I'm about to hit the third act and things are starting to pick up story wise.

I've got Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition waiting to be played as well (bless Durante and that high resolution patch).

cajunator

Banned
Saints are flying out Monday evening to Cinci to avoid Isaac.
Its really pretty amazing how well the team can play despite a shit ton of suspensions, coaching changes, injuries, the distraction of hurricanes, and bourbon Street.
I know you guys hate them by default for being rivals, but you've got to admire how well organized they are that they don't just fall apart.

That's amazing. Are you in an office environment where other people come to your desk? Every other day you should add more Brady photos to your desk/wallpaper. Start showing up to work with strange haircuts and shoe choices.

HR will give you a paid vacation to purge demons.

are you allowed to jack off at work?
:jnc

Jarius Wynn cut in Green Bay. Maybe we'll be going with the vaunted "no defensive linemen" strategy.

Weird to cut Wynn. I guess we still have CJ Wilson but they've been preaching depth to spell Fat Raji since he's too fat to stand for more than 15 minutes, but now they've dropped Wynn and hargrove. Makes not a lot of sense.

Greg

Weird to cut Wynn. I guess we still have CJ Wilson but they've been preaching depth to spell Fat Raji since he's too fat to stand for more than 15 minutes, but now they've dropped Wynn and hargrove. Makes not a lot of sense.
Yeah, I don't understand the move at all.

Bread

Banned
Just heard the Hernandez news, fuck yes! This guy is going to be a game-changer for the next 5+ years. I was having a conversation during last season about Aaron and Wes with a friend, I said Hernandez is more important and he gets extended first, and the dude looked at me like I was crazy. I'm so glad that Brady will have 2 elite TEs to throw to for his last years in the league.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Lions traded for CB Kevin Barnes, who was going to be cut anyway.

Our secondary is saved! /sarcasm

Milchjon

When Brady retires the patsies will have all those weapons and noone that can throw to them.

They're locked up til 2018/2019. Who are you to think that Brady has retired by then, when he claims he wants to play for another decade? Brady is no Favre, he can play forever. Not like he moves a lot.

eznark

Banned
They're locked up til 2018/2019. Who are you to think that Brady has retired by then, when he claims he wants to play for another decade? Brady is no Favre, he can play forever. Not like he moves a lot.

His arm strength has already deteriorated to near Pennington levels. Hence the tight end signings, crossing routes are as far as he can throw. In 3 years he won't even be able to do that.

Top Bottom