• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

I think the point is that when people say they beat themselves its not giving any credit to the other team. If you're competing on the pummel horse, you can say you beat yourself because you're performing alone on an inanimate object. But if you're in a fight and the other guy buries his foot in your ass up to the knee, it sounds a little dismissive when you say "Gosh, in retrospect I wish I wouldn't have let the other guy wear my colon like a sock."

I understand how it can be insulting to the winner. I just don't take it that way when I hear guys say it. Their intent is to criticize themselves for lack of execution, not dismiss the other team (who obviously contributed to that lack of execution.

In other news, Goodell on Brees

Florio asked Goodell if he’d speak to Brees in Canton, Goodell said he would although he’s not seeking out a conversation.

“Sure if I see him. I’d be happy to,” Goodell said. “I really admire Drew. He’s a terrific young man.”

lol

bionic77

Generic American blondes.

Also, guess who's making tacos tonight! I invite every single one of you guys to come over if you're nearby!
It is a moot point as you live in some Godless foreign land but I would be afriad to go for fear of actually liking you and your tacos.

I think I booked NFL Game Pass (or whatever it's called) for a single week before, IIRC it was around $20.

I'll keep an eye on it. Right now I'm only seeing the season price but maybe once week 1 arrives they'll show the smaller prices.

If you can live with shitty image quality, you'll find some alternatives if you look around, though.

I think I know what you're talking about but I really doubt I'll be able to make it work from that location, and the quality would be awful. Mostly just want to keep tabs on my fantasy players and watch the Steelers crush peypey in his home debut.

(even watching the games is going to be a mess though, damn timezones)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Generic American blondes.

Also, guess who's making tacos tonight! I invite every single one of you guys to come over if you're nearby!

gol15.jpg

Did I hear a mating call?

I just had the oddest conversation with a Steeler fan coworker, that found me defending Ben to his claims that he was a "gloryhound" and "loved the narrative". On the other hand, he defended Joe Flacco to my truthful claims that he sucks at football. Bizarre.

well ben does seem like an attention whore.

I don't give a fuck if he makes every 4th quarter comeback into a narrative of "at halftime, I could barely walk, but I made it back out there, I'm so tough". He's still winnings games, whatever he needs to do for his ego, I'd accept. Instead there is Flacco, who blows games in the 4th and just says how great he is, and excuse after excuse after excuse.

I just realized, I think I like Ben Roethlisberger. Ben for Flacco, straight up. Do this right now, Ozzie.

jakncoke

Banned
I don't give a fuck if he makes every 4th quarter comeback into a narrative of "at halftime, I could barely walk, but I made it back out there, I'm so tough". He's still winnings games, whatever he needs to do for his ego, I'd accept. Instead there is Flacco, who blows games in the 4th and just says how great he is, and excuse after excuse after excuse.

I just realized, I think I like Ben Roethlisberger. Ben for Flacco, straight up. Do this right now, Ozzie.

fair enough

my thoughts on steelers winning

Feels_good_man_2.jpg

Say you're a pianist playing a sonata in a concert, against no competition. You think you can't have an off day where you feel like you're playing like shit? You can apply the same logic to a competitive game where you're playing an opponent, can't you? All that means is you didn't play your best game which is what I think he meant. Probably shouldnt be said publicly though because it comes off wrong.

In football you are never playing by yourself (Unless you play the Vikings on a bad day).

I get what you are trying to say but it would make a lot more sense if while your pianist was playing his sonata he had to keep people in the audience from running up and pressing random keys while he tries to finish the song.

Sure playing like shit will affect you in a negative way, and sometimes it will cause your team to lose more than the other teams effort, but its never solely because of a lack of performance.

FOOTE

Nice. I heard something on the radio that it's the first year in awhile that SJax isn't anywhere on the tickets.

You going to the scrimmage tomorrow?
Going to try to make it. I wont know until tonight if something else will conflict with it.

For those who asked, I paid $500 total for the two sets.

squicken

Not with the amount of money that Woody throws the GOP's way.

If I followed sports teams based off their owners politics I'd probably be a Steelers fan.

Rooneys are Republicans. Did the ambassador thing out of service to country. Eagles owner is a giant liberal if that's your thing. Think Bob Kraft is as well. NFL owners are far more Republican than baseball and basketball owners

Going to try to make it. I wont know until tonight if something else will conflict with it.

For those who asked, I paid $500 total for the two sets.

Hope to hear your report if you do. Offensive line looking pretty bad from all accounts. Still a long time to the start of the season but I think it's a talent issue more than coaching. We'll see

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
From what I saw on twitter from the Haslam press conference:

• Zero percent chance the team is leaving Cleveland
  • Cleveland Browns Staidum will probably sell naming rights in future
  • Possible uniform change
  • Robert Kraft was one of the first owners to call him and is inviting him over there to teach him about the biz

And of course the usual "we will be a winning organization" and so forth. Oh and as we all know already no word on front office changes as the sale has not been finalized as yet.

It is a moot point as you live in some Godless foreign land but I would be afriad to go for fear of actually liking you and your tacos.

I don't wanna brag, but my tacos are some real likable sons of bitches. We could play FIFA, drink beer and eat tacos. Like real free men!

I eat tacos or burritos for lunch everyday, which is odd because I've lost 40 pounds. Del Pueblo market in Santa Cruz, best Carne Asada in the world. Go there. California does dominate MD on the Mexican food tip.

Dutch are you on the East Coast? East coast people can't produce great tacos, it's scientifically proven.

Technically, I live closer to the East coast than the West coast of the US, but I live on the West coast of my continent.

Also, since I'm in full scale 'pig-mode' I could go for some ice-cream, but there is no ice-cream in the house, so that would mean I would have to go to the grocery store again!

K-19

Banned
Ok guys I can break the ambiance right now telling you that eating too much tacos is not good for your health, but I won't.

K-19

Banned
Cream comes from milk. Milk does a body good, it's healthy. Eat it up Dutch!

False, is not because it comes from milk that it means it's good. Cream contain a lot of grease. Don't abuse on milk, just sayin. Your alimentation must be well-balanced that all I say.

From what I saw on twitter from the Haslam press conference:

• Zero percent chance the team is leaving Cleveland
  • Cleveland Browns Staidum will probably sell naming rights in future
  • Possible uniform change
  • Robert Kraft was one of the first owners to call him and is inviting him over there to teach him about the biz

And of course the usual "we will be a winning organization" and so forth. Oh and as we all know already no word on front office changes as the sale has not been finalized as yet.

"The biz" eh?

Does this mean we can expect the Browns to be run by a philandering hobo cheater head coach with a female quarterback and only white players at the skill positions?

Is that Kraft's biz?

Or does he mean how to piss on the memory of your wife of 48 years by going and fucking a girl forty years younger than you?

Top Bottom