• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

FOOTE

My season tickets came in yesterday.

iLMcG.jpg
JA9BH.jpg

Lies!!! Every one knows the GF role, relative hott GF/girls = relative success. Theirs only certain exceptions, it's the Alpha male role hehe
Exemple: this is why Clausen failed
clausen_girls.jpg

Today, 35 years ago, a boy was born by the name of Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. He grew up to be one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play football and the handsomest man alive. Nobody knows if he really is 100% human or 100% God, we just know we all love him.

Happy Birthday Tom!

tumblr_m85vv0VgBr1r09puio1_r2_1280.jpg

tom-brady-sb.jpg

tom-brady-super-bowl-trophy.jpg

4f2eb4f00f212.image.jpg

tom-brady-rio-dance.gif

tom-brady-jets.jg_.jpg

brady-hates-jets-copy.jpg

Praise Lord Brady

BigAT

Today, 35 years ago, a boy was born by the name of Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. He grew up to be one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play football and the handsomest man alive. Nobody knows if he really is 100% human or 100% God, we just know we all love him.

Happy Birthday Tom!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m85vv0VgBr1r09puio1_r2_1280.jpg[img]

[img]http://ssreporters.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/tom-brady-sb.jpg[img]

[img]http://walloffamesports.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/tom-brady-super-bowl-trophy.jpg[img]

[img]http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/scoopsandiego.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/76/77685c58-501a-11e1-8e0a-0019bb30f31a/4f2eb4f00f212.image.jpg[img]

[img]http://fantasyknuckleheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/tom-brady-rio-dance.gif[img]

[img]http://cdn.everyjoe.com/files/2010/12/tom-brady-jets.jg_.jpg[img]

[img]http://katchop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/brady-hates-jets-copy.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Praise be to Brady!

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/eli428oja4.jpeg

138326976.jpg

Where would the Giants be without him?

So Banner has a press conference for today. Holmgren and Heckert better get those resumes ready. I bet he gives Shurmer 1 year since it is so close to the season starting, but next year he will bring in his coach.

effzee

Oh and...

Clark Judge ‏ @ClarkJudgeCBS

2 league sources confirmed Banner in Cle as team prez. Said Holmgren, Heckert probably gone. Said 1: "They're going to blow whole place up."

Oh boy.

Banner and Co getting rid of Heckert would be weird since they worked together for a lot of years in Philly.

Good luck with Banner. He won't win you any championships but you will have the best kept salary cap in the league. And lord knows that is all that matters!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So Banner has a press conference for today. Holmgren and Heckert better get those resumes ready. I bet he gives Shurmer 1 year since it is so close to the season starting, but next year he will bring in his coach.

Pretty bang on really. Shurmur is safe for that exact reason. With Holmgren there was already speculation from months back that he was going to step down by end of this season at latest so no shock there. Heckert still not sure on as yet. All logic points to him getting the axe immediately but you never know.

Damn, gonna be overseas for week 1. Was hoping the NFL would have a decent streaming package but I see I was mistaken. Don't suppose there are any by-the-game or by-the-week options out there?

Milchjon

Damn, gonna be overseas for week 1. Was hoping the NFL would have a decent streaming package but I see I was mistaken. Don't suppose there are any by-the-game or by-the-week options out there?

I think I booked NFL Game Pass (or whatever it's called) for a single week before, IIRC it was around $20.

If you can live with shitty image quality, you'll find some alternatives if you look around, though.

bionic77

Ugh. Stupid Pat fans filling our screens with so much Brady.

God created Hell for exactly this reason. I hope you fuckers like it hot.

God it drives me crazy to see how eager some Steelers fans are to get rid of veterans.

Can't read a camp report on the D-Line without retarded discussion about cutting Hampton. Christ.

bionic77

God it drives me crazy to see how eager some Steelers fans are to get rid of veterans.

Can't read a camp report on the D-Line without retarded discussion about cutting Hampton. Christ.
To be fair Hampton has lost a step. He is not the force he was a few years ago. He used to make it almost impossible to run up the middle on our defense when he was out there. But I don't think we have anyone better either.

Guy never got the credit he deserved (he got it from the players and coaches but never from the fans because there are no stats for what he does).

To be fair Hampton has lost a step. He is not the force he was a few years ago. He used to make it almost impossible to run up the middle on our defense when he was out there. But I don't think we have anyone better either.

Guy never got the credit he deserved (he got it from the players and coaches but never from the fans because there are no stats for what he does).

I agree that he's lost a step, but who's his replacement? Every camp report indicates that Ta'amu needs a LOT of work, and McClendon, while good, is no Hampton.

Guys read a tiny positive thing about one player and want to cut all his depth immediately.

Striker

Ænima;40583115 said:
Every dipshit player/fan thinks their team only "beats themselves". Nobody in the NFL actually beats other teams apparently.
Not just them.

Mike McCarthy on the Giants win over Green Bay this past post-season

“It’ll always bother me,” McCarthy said. “I don’t want this to come out the wrong way, because that win is special, that’s a great win for their football team. The margin of victory they won with, too, is definitely to their credit. But I feel like we beat ourselves in this playoff game. Or better yet, we didn’t give ourselves a chance to win the game.”

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I could see him getting cut if he won't be physically ready until late in the year. Can't have an empty chair chew up a roster spot and $3 million. Same goes for Mendy. Neither of those guys have more than a year or two left in them as Steelers.

EDIT: No one is getting the e-mail invites I sent out from the yahoo ff, are they? Dammit, mass pm'ing ppl is a pita.

Not just them.

Mike McCarthy on the Giants win over Green Bay this past post-season

Say you're a pianist playing a sonata in a concert, against no competition. You think you can't have an off day where you feel like you're playing like shit? You can apply the same logic to a competitive game where you're playing an opponent, can't you? All that means is you didn't play your best game which is what I think he meant. Probably shouldnt be said publicly though because it comes off wrong.

I still maintain that the shitty way they handled Philbin's son's death is (partly) why the Packers lost that game. I don't mean to be insensitive but c'mon. Brent Favor played a football game the night after his dad died. Yet you have the entire football team moping around for an entire week before a playoff game because a coach's son died. Listening to Rodgers and McCarthy that week you could tell how distracted they were, which means that must've permeated the whole building. What a mess

Wrayfield

I think I booked NFL Game Pass (or whatever it's called) for a single week before, IIRC it was around $20.

If you can live with shitty image quality, you'll find some alternatives if you look around, though.

Game Pass is full HD if your internet is man enough for it.

Say you're a pianist playing a sonata in a concert, against no competition. You think you can't have an off day where you feel like you're playing like shit? You can apply the same logic to a competitive game where you're playing an opponent, can't you? All that means is you didn't play your best game which is what I think he meant. Probably shouldnt be said publicly though because it comes off wrong.

I still maintain that the shitty way they handled Philbin's son's death is (partly) why the Packers lost that game. I don't mean to be insensitive but c'mon. Brent Favor played a football game the night after his dad died. Yet you have the entire football team moping around for an entire week before a playoff game because a coach's son died. Listening to Rodgers and McCarthy that week you could tell how distracted they were, which means that must've permeated the whole building. What a mess

Every single team has someone that comes out and says they didnt play their best when they lose. You dont get to the highest level without having that kind of confidence. There is absolutely nothing wrong at all with people from the Packers thinking that. I would be upset if my players/coaches didnt think like that.

Wrayfield

Let's not forget, the reason, at least partly, why the Packers didn't pull it off were the Giants. So, yeah, distractions, ref calls, whatever, all excuses. You lost, stop bradying and eat some cheese curds.

Milchjon

Game Pass is full HD if your internet is man enough for it.

I know. What I was trying to say is that there are (cheaper) alternatives if he doesn't need that kind of quality.

GamePass is awesome. If I wasn't a dirty poor, I'd buy it for the full season.

squicken

Ænima;40583115 said:
Every dipshit player/fan thinks their team only "beats themselves". Nobody in the NFL actually beats other teams apparently.

Hyper-competitive people believe they are in control of the outcomes in professions. Admitting they aren't as good as someone else is just something they can't do. That's why coaches work 20 hour days and players spend hours in the weight room. They always think they can work just a little harder and get an edge.

Really, you don't want people coaching or playing for your team who accept that they are inferior to other teams

edit: what YH said

Slo

Hyper-competitive people believe they are in control of the outcomes in professions. Admitting they aren't as good as someone else is just something they can't do. That's why coaches work 20 hour days and players spend hours in the weight room. They always think they can work just a little harder and get an edge.

Really, you don't want people coaching or playing for your team who accept that they are inferior to other teams

edit: what YH said

I think the point is that when people say they beat themselves its not giving any credit to the other team. If you're competing on the pummel horse, you can say you beat yourself because you're performing alone on an inanimate object. But if you're in a fight and the other guy buries his foot in your ass up to the knee, it sounds a little dismissive when you say "Gosh, in retrospect I wish I wouldn't have let the other guy wear my colon like a sock."

Top Bottom