• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Fantomex

After more than a decade of watching bad QB after bad QB.

My body is ready.

temp0A1A7500--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

You better hope his body is ready. I know his forehead is :)

Nightz

After more than a decade of watching bad QB after bad QB.

My body is ready.

http://prod.images.broncos.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BRONCOS/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/clubimages/2012/08-August/temp0A1A7500--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720[IMG][/QUOTE]
Knocked out for the season in the first game.

TheFatOne

Greg A. Bedard said:
FOXBOROUGH -- As the Patriots concluded their second stretch of practices on Friday before an off day, I had one unshakable thought: Chandler Jones is a starter, and I don't really foresee that changing.

While other players (Rob Ninkovich, Jermaine Cunningham and Trevor Scott) come and go at left defensive end, Jones has been consistently on the right side the second week of camp to the point that he's now running with the first and second teams on that side.

To me, that means they are trying to cram in as much as possible so Jones will be ready for the season.

Entering training camp, the expectations for Jones -- even within the Patriots -- were for him to start as a situational player and possibly evolve from there.

But two things happened: Jones entered camp much stronger than most anticipated, and his pass-rush moves are much more advanced that your typical early-entry, first-round pick.

Put those things together, and you have a player capable of playing every down. I think his ability to hold the point of attack has even surprised the Patriots.

Jones has absolutely shown that potential and his play has dictated that he get, not only a shot at the starting job, but the job for now.

That being said, if Andre Carter returns, I don't know how that changes things. Perhaps Jones slides back to a situational role. That would have to play out and would be contingent on Carter's health.

But you can only deal with the players you have, and right now Jones is the clear leader at the end/linebacker hybrid Elephant position on the right side of the Patriots' defense.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/08/time_to_adjust.html

Normally I don't like quoting entire articles, but man this has me so damn excited for the pre season games. I know it's early in training camp, and every training camp is all sunshine and rainbows. If these two picks pan out the defense should be much improved (at least the front 7. Secondary is still garbage). It looks like having Hightower allows Mayo to play the will. If McCourty can bounce back and if Glass-I can stay healthy this defense has a shot to be decent. So far it's been pretty much all good news on the rookies. Although like any rookies there are ups and downs.

Zeke

Outside linebacker Anthony Spencer has a slight hamstring strain that will cause him to miss Friday’s afternoon practice and possibly longer.

Spencer said he tweaked it earlier this week and has been fighting through it. But he didn’t participate much in Friday’s walk-through.

“It’s not a big deal but it’s something to take care of,” Spencer said.

Jason Garrett said he doesn’t expect Spencer to practice the next couple of days, which likely means he will be held out of Sunday’s intra-squad scrimmage.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...y-to-Day/5716d57a-2af0-4131-aeec-1a18f1232bbf
Well I'd rather get the injuries out of the way early but damn this and 4 olinemen getting hurt and other players failing their conditioning test I hope its not a sign for the season. Although this means Victor Butler is going to get extra snaps and from the the sounds of it he's been doing pretty good in camp. I'm excited about the S postion too man I haven't been able to say that since Darren Woodson and Roy Williams were back there. Barry Church, Brodney Pool and Matt Johnson all competing for a job.I have high hopes for Church and Johnson.

Normally I don't like quoting entire articles, but man this has me so damn excited for the pre season games. I know it's early in training camp, and every training camp is all sunshine and rainbows. If these two picks pan out the defense should be much improved (at least the front 7. Secondary is still garbage). It looks like having Hightower allows Mayo to play the will. If McCourty can bounce back and if Glass-I can stay healthy this defense has a shot to be decent. So far it's been pretty much all good news on the rookies. Although like any rookies there are ups and downs.

*Not gonna get excited*

*Not gonna get disappointed again*

*Not gonna get my hopes up*

K-19

Banned
Gosh, who is the hottest between Emma Stone or Megan Fox? Is like if you ask to me to choose between my two children :(

Stone, she is more clever.

Wrayfield

Gosh, who is the hottest between Emma Stone or Megan Fox? Is like if you ask to me to choose between my two children :(

Stone, she is more clever.

Here I am, hoping you would introduce some Frenchie talent, but non. You keep disappointing me, FrenchiewithGermanicname...! :D

K-19

Banned
In fact, I mean normally, I'd choose Fox because she has some pretty form and a beautiful skin colour and
her legs ... oh god !!!!
But I've seen Stone in her movie and she is just fucking charming, intelligent and so cute. Okay, her skin is a little bit too milky but doesn't matter, she can rape me anyway.

Top Bottom