• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

I wondered coming into camp whether last season inflicted irreparable damage to Bradford. That was not the case. There hasn't been a more impressive player on the practice field to this point. It's stunning, in retrospect, that a team with such a talented quarterback could suffer through a 2-14 season. So many things had to go wrong.

Day after day, play after play, Bradford impresses even the most seasoned observers. Receivers coach Ray Sherman, most recently with the Dallas Cowboys, has been around accomplished quarterbacks throughout his coaching career. The list includes Warren Moon, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Boomer Esiason, Randall Cunningham, Brett Favre, Steve McNair and Tony Romo. He used the word "special" to describe Bradford.

"His temperament is just so calm," Sherman said of Bradford. "He has a demeanor about him and Brett was like that -- when he spoke, guys listened. They tune in. They know, 'We take care of this guy, he's going to take us a long way. He's going to do some special things.'"

WAIT A MINUTE! Ray Sherman!? holy shit! ray sherman the guy who is the WR coach for the rams!? the same team BRADFORD PLAYS ON SAID BRADFORD WAS AWESOME! you better get the fuck out of here right now because you just blew my mind!

all this time i thought to myself "sam bradford is a huge disappointment as the #1 pick. he can't throw down field, he doesn't try to throw down field, he has won like 7 games in his career, he has no pocket presence, it has taken him like a year to be healed from an ankle sprain, the guy is a joke"

BUT THEN, like an epiphany, here comes ray sherman parting the clouds of doubt. he comes down from the sky and says "FMT, no, this guy is the real deal. One time he said "hey harvey dahl, block for me on this practice snap" and god fucking dammit harvey dahl listened! he did it! sam is doing it!"

and the thing is, ray sherman has been around guys like STEVE YOUNG, JOE MONTANA, WARREN MOON.... guys, these are HALL OF FAMERS!

jesus i am sorry squicken. i was wrong about bradford. i was wrong and i am disgusted with myself now. thank you ray sherman.

thank you

squicken

WAIT A MINUTE! Ray Sherman!? holy shit! ray sherman the guy who is the WR coach for the rams!? the same team BRADFORD PLAYS ON SAID BRADFORD WAS AWESOME! you better get the fuck out of here right now because you just blew my mind!

all this time i thought to myself "sam bradford is a huge disappointment as the #1 pick. he can't throw down field, he doesn't try to throw down field, he has won like 7 games in his career, he has no pocket presence, it has taken him like a year to be healed from an ankle sprain, the guy is a joke"

BUT THEN, like an epiphany, here comes ray sherman parting the clouds of doubt. he comes down from the sky and says "FMT, no, this guy is the real deal. One time he said "hey harvey dahl, block for me on this practice snap" and god fucking dammit harvey dahl listened! he did it! sam is doing it!"

and the thing is, ray sherman has been around guys like STEVE YOUNG, JOE MONTANA, WARREN MOON.... guys, these are HALL OF FAMERS!

jesus i am sorry squicken. i was wrong about bradford. i was wrong and i am disgusted with myself now. thank you ray sherman.

thank you

I was going to just go with what Sando wrote, but I wanted to give you the Sherman quote to help you with all the negative Alex talk today

Godslay

Banned
I'm sure you mean Colorado Caleb. He's already proven to be an invaluable backup.

Hanie won't make the team. It's looking to be Peyton, Osweiler, Weber. Hanie has looked like absolute dogshit in camp.

Osweiler has looked great, and in some instances better than Peyton at fitting it into tighter windows due to his arm strength. He still has a long way to go, but he is the clear number 2 at this point.

MechDX

milkman.png

JJ gonna be out a couple weeks, dislocated elbow. The Milkman will return and whoop that ass.

I'm pretty sure Heckert Banner and Shurmur all had a working relationship of some sort before.

Conspiracy lol jk jk

Not sure if youre local or not but the locals are all worried about them renaming the stadium. Heh, kinda trivial but I feel it. Leave it be.

Another guy joked now that since this guy who owns 25762345 truck stops, the Dawg Pound will be renamed the Truck Stop, etc,. lol this is fun

Oh and...

Clark Judge ‏ @ClarkJudgeCBS

2 league sources confirmed Banner in Cle as team prez. Said Holmgren, Heckert probably gone. Said 1: "They're going to blow whole place up."

Oh boy.

Not sure if youre local or not but the locals are all worried about them renaming the stadium. Heh, kinda trivial but I feel it. Leave it be.

Another guy joked now that since this guy who owns 25762345 truck stops, the Dawg Pound will be renamed the Truck Stop, etc,. lol this is fun

Oh and..

Clark Judge ‏ @ClarkJudgeCB
2 league sources confirmed Banner in Cle as team prez. Said Holmgren, Heckert probably gone. Said 1: "They're going to blow whole
place up."

Oh boy.
yah I'm local

Stadium rename is least of my worries lol.

Also Clark who?! I'll believe it when I see it haha

Oh its not high on my list of worries either but I kinda like my stadium not being named
MALL OF AMERICA FIELD
or
HEINZ FIELD
MERCEDES BENZ DOME
O.CO COLISEUM??

shit just sounds silly

squicken

yah I'm local

Stadium rename is least of my worries lol.

Also Clark who?! I'll believe it when I see it haha

He is CBS' football writer. They obviously are going to blow up the front office. It just makes logical sense. Banner had a power struggle with Reid and he's not going to ever let that happen again. Everyone in that front office will be his people.

Shurmur could save his job but that seem unlikely to me. GMs usually want their own coach. It's definitely fascinating. If the players feel like they are playing for a lame duck coach it can be trouble

squicken

I said in the offseason that even with Mario getting hurt, they had amazing injury luck on defense. Already regressing to the mean. Still picking the Colts in that division

He is CBS' football writer. They obviously are going to blow up the front office. It just makes logical sense. Banner had a power struggle with Reid and he's not going to ever let that happen again. Everyone in that front office will be his people.

Shurmur could save his job but that seem unlikely to me. GMs usually want their own coach. It's definitely fascinating. If the players feel like they are playing for a lame duck coach it can be trouble
Forsure Holmgren is gone but idk I'm still skeptical about the rest, who's to say banner won't view Heckert and Shurmur as his guys. I mean they all worked together once in philly I believe.

Or idk maybe I'm just in denial....
I believe the presser is tomorrow at 1pm Est

squicken

I believe the presser is tomorrow at 1pm Est

"It would be premature to discuss that until the board of governors approves the sale. "

To all the things the fans want to know, that is the answer he will give

edit: I will never ever understand the fascination with gymnastics and figure skating. It seems creepy to me

"It would be premature to discuss that until the board of governors approves the sale. "

edit: I will never ever understand the fascination with gymnastics and figure skating. It seems creepy to me
I'm not expecting much tomorrow.
Roger just needs to make a conference call with all the Owners tomorrow so the sale can be approved smh

Godslay

Banned

I can understand gymnastics, it's the blend of power and technique that make it so interesting. Figure skating, I'm don't really get it either.

Colasante

I said in the offseason that even with Mario getting hurt, they had amazing injury luck on defense. Already regressing to the mean. Still picking the Colts in that division

The Colts will be better than people expect, but even if the Texans regress to their mean, the Colts won't be able to win more than 8 games.

squicken

The Colts will be better than people expect, but even if the Texans regress to their mean, the Colts won't be able to win more than 8 games.

It's really not the defense for HOU as much as it is the health of Schaub and AJ. If either guy goes down their offense stalls. They definitely have nothing behind AJ, but maybe Yates can handle thing better this year

I think the Titans and Jags will be bad and 8 wins could possibly win that division. I guess I'm higher on Luck than most people.

It's really not the defense for HOU as much as it is the health of Schaub and AJ. If either guy goes down their offense stalls. They definitely have nothing behind AJ, but maybe Yates can handle thing better this year

I think the Titans and Jags will be bad and 8 wins could possibly win that division. I guess I'm higher on Luck than most people.

texans will top out at 9 wins. i could see the titans winning the division but the truth is the afc south is the worst division in football

Oh its not high on my list of worries either but I kinda like my stadium not being named
MALL OF AMERICA FIELD
or
HEINZ FIELD
MERCEDES BENZ DOME
O.CO COLISEUM??

shit just sounds silly

To be fair the Mall of America Field is being erased from existence. THe new home brings a bunch of new possibilities.

I'd prefer something like Vikings Stadium / Bud Grant Field. I'm pretty sure Zig got naming rights.

jakncoke

Banned
haha nice we signed Derrick Williams

Replacement refs were working at training camp, and they had a couple of notable moments.

At one point, the team had to be reminded that the refs were at practice for the day.

Later, Tomlin may not have wanted them there.

After a Shaun Suisham kick that went out of the end zone, one of the officials blew his whistle.

Tomlin yelled at the official, and another member of the staff shouted over that it was suppose to be a “live drill.”

loll

Ike Taylor dropped an interception. It is good to see that he is in midseason form

tebow christ

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/08/jimmy_haslam_putting_on_my_ora.html

"I've worn a Steelers watch for the last four years," said Haslam, a minority owner of the Steelers since 2008, in an exclusive interview with The Plain Dealer. "I didn't want to be premature and jinx anything, but now I'm putting on my Cleveland Browns watch. I've taken off all of my black and gold and I'm putting on my orange and brown."

The next owners' meeting is Oct. 16-17 in Chicago, but Commissioner Roger Goodell could call a special session to expedite the sale -- and that's likely to happen, according to league sources.

"We're not moving the Cleveland Browns," said Haslam, who arrived in town Thursday night. "To own a team with a such a rich tradition and history is a dream come true. Randy had four things he wanted and I won't share all of them, but No. 1 was we keep them in Cleveland. Why would we move? I've been to three games there on the other side of the field and I've seen the intensity and the enthusiasm. That thought never, ever entered our minds."

Hmmm, I wonder what the other 3 are. I bet one of them is not to change the name of the stadium. That was real big with Al Lerner.

He had dinner with Browns President Mike Holmgren Thursday night to discuss the team and his future. "I'm looking forward to meeting one of the great legends of the NFL," he said beforehand. "We just don't want to be a distraction to Pat Shurmur or the team as they prepare for the season."

Sounds like Nick Perry hasn't impressed too much yet and still isn't comfortable as Olb and playing in space. I just hope he's ready and adjusted before the season starts so we don't need wife beater out there.

Hard to tell without tackling though so im sure it's all premature anyway at this point

Zeke

OXNARD, Calif. -- With injuries to four interior offensive linemen, the Cowboys are bringing in familiar faces for a workout.

According to sources, veterans Montrae Holland, Derrick Dockery and Daniel Loper will head to Oxnard, Calif., for workouts. All three spent part of last season on the 53-man roster.

Holland started 11 games last season at right guard. The team cut him at last year's training camp but re-signed him after Bill Nagy suffered a season-ending ankle injury.

Dockery started two games after joining the team following training camp. Loper was on and off the roster but did not appear in a game.

Nate Livings suffered a hyperextended knee in Wednesday's practice, but he is not expected to be out long. Nagy suffered a high ankle sprain Monday and is not expected to return soon.

Mackenzy Bernadeau (hip, knee) and Kevin Kowalski (ankle) are on the physically unable to perform list.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb.../sources-cowboys-to-work-out-familiar-linemen
Cool so if this keeps up Romo will be done early in the season and Orton will lead us to the promise land!

Today, 35 years ago, a boy was born by the name of Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. He grew up to be one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play football and the handsomest man alive. Nobody knows if he really is 100% human or 100% God, we just know we all love him.

Happy Birthday Tom!

tumblr_m85vv0VgBr1r09puio1_r2_1280.jpg

tom-brady-sb.jpg

tom-brady-super-bowl-trophy.jpg

4f2eb4f00f212.image.jpg

tom-brady-rio-dance.gif

tom-brady-jets.jg_.jpg

brady-hates-jets-copy.jpg

Wrayfield

To counteract the disgusting Tammy post, have some Matt Flynn's girlfriend.

http://i.imgur.com/J0qHh.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2TPFD.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gXMqA.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZWptj.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I5f51.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Meh, she's got a pointy chin.

Milchjon

I actually think his birthday is a sad occasion. Him turning 35 means he has like 3-5 seasons left. And while think retiring with 6 SB rings will be an awesome accomplishment, I selfishly fear the day when we'll have to make it work without our handsome demigod.

I actually think his birthday is a sad occasion. Him turning 35 means he has like 3-5 seasons left. And while think retiring with 6 SB rings will be an awesome accomplishment, I selfishly fear the day when we'll have to make it work without our handsome demigod.

Mallett/McDaniels Future!

K-19

Banned
Take Brady's baguette out of your mouth for a sec and think, you can still choose a proper team.

Is that a trial for my faith, Lord Brady?

More srly, Pats rocks. I prefer to be a Pats fan than a Browns fan ...
... too much brown.

I am not a lifelong, in fact if they suck this year it's ok we just gonna make what the Maya did there is thousand of years:
we behead the capitain

Top Bottom