• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

kingslunk

311664_10151145561141318_1209866198_n.jpg

off DB's facebook page.

IM SO HYPE FOR THIS FOOTBALL SEASON.

TheFatOne

Bad news Pats fans.

Greg Bedard said:
Devin McCourty is not off to a good start in camp. After enduring a rough sophomore campaign, McCourty has been average so far and then had a really rough time on Friday. He was consistently beaten during red-zone coverage drills, and it looked even worse because he wasn’t turning his head around to spot the ball. McCourty needs to start picking it up or else Sterling Moore – who has shown the best ball skills by far – could earn a shot at lining up with Kyle Arrington and Ras-I Dowling.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/08/practice_rundow_7.html

This is not a good sign. It's still early,but I don't like the sound of this.

Bad news Pats fans.

This is not a good sign. It's still early,but I don't like the sound of this.

How can somebody that had a rookie year like that drop off like this. He seems to have lost his 'swagger' he's over thinking every play. I want the rookie McCourty back, he's a likable dude and he showed that he's able to play to a high level, would be sad if he turned into the next Darius Butler.

Also, McCourty his play went to shit when Meriweather left.....Lol.

squicken

Trivia one off:

In Peyton Manning's rookie season, no Colts player had 1000 yds receiving. However, two players had more than 750 yds receiving. Name these two players.

squicken

It is. And we judge all these QBs and call them shitty. Not that Alex Smith, Blaine Gabbert, David Carr, or Colt McCoy would have been Peyton Manning. But look who they had to throw to.

The only "elite" QB that came into the league throwing to bad WRs was Tom Brady, and it's not like he was the same guy he is now. He had a sub 7.0 YPA his first 4 years in the league

squicken

So I guess the thing I read about Santonio's ribs was way off. X-Rays negative. Trying to find the source on that Rex quote

"I don't know if Santonio broke a rib or not, but the fact that it was sticking out was probably an indicator," Jets coach Rex Ryan said after practice. "He's a tough guy, but I don't think he's going to be running out there tomorrow or the next day,"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ers-another-blow-santonio-010430533--nfl.html

How can a rib be "sticking out" but X-Rays are negative for them being broken?

So I guess the thing I read about Santonio's ribs was way off. X-Rays negative. Trying to find the source on that Rex quote

How can a rib be "sticking out" but X-Rays are negative for them being broken?

How would Rex know what a rib looked like? He can't see them past his gut

Top Bottom