• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

These are the sorts of teams I hate the Saints playing, because they have nothing to lose.
I'm more interested to see how our defense handles the high powered Saints offense, although after the 1st quarter I really couldn't care. I'm gonna have to stream it while I'm at work I think.

cajunator

Banned
I'm more interested to see how our defense handles the high powered Saints offense, although after the 1st quarter I really couldn't care. I'm gonna have to stream it while I'm at work I think.

I know that feeling. Work forced me to record or stream a dozen games at least the last couple of years. This time around I should be able to watch most of them, with exception of prime-time events during my on-week. Im pretty excited for the season, Goodell be damned.

Woohoo! Foootballlll!

Or the closest thing to football since watching the CFL.

Also, Alaska State Troopers has to be one
of the coolest shows ever.

How much criminal shit can really go on in a state like alaska though?

Lots of drunks and druggies and lots of messed up people with guns, lots and lots of guns, so that and hunters who shoot at the wrong stuff.

Good stuff.

Oh and lots of large animals.

The nature in Alaska is absolutely beautiful though, too bad the people and the places where they live are utter shit.

Question: What team would like to take Gallery after his BELOW AVERAGE?

He retired yesterday, so he's gone.

K-19

Banned
Question: What team would like to take Gallery after his BELOW AVERAGE? ok, he put a end at his career.

I am now a MEMBER!!!!!!

Milchjon

Is it just me, or does Nick Caserio (Patriots director of player personnel) look like he's related to Jon Hamm?

48fe7a_05caserio.jpg

030512_jonhamm.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hey, Cliff Avril ended his holdout and showed up to camp today.

squicken

Tim McManus ‏@Tim_McManus
Andy Reid is not at practice yet this morning. Team held a prayer on practice field before start of walk through. Looking into it.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Reason Andy Reid is not at practice is he's dealing with a "personal issue", according to team spokesman. Eagles will update after practice.

squicken

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Eagles spokesman says statement coming from G.M. Howie Roseman and the Chief of Police at Lehigh University. No questions will be answered.

What is going on?

edit: Reid's son died. The one with the drug issues

BigAT

Eagles spokesman says statement coming from G.M. Howie Roseman and the Chief of Police at Lehigh University. No questions will be answered.

What is going on?

It's got to be something with one of his sons I imagine. Maybe an OD?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Garrett Reid found dead at Eagles training camp
Posted by Mike Florio on August 5, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT

Eagles G.M. Howie Roseman announced moments ago that Garrett Reid, the son of Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead at training camp on Sunday morning.

“He’s been strong for us, we’re going to be strong for him right now,” Roseman said.

The Lehigh University Chief of Police confirmed that Garrett Reid was found deceased in his dorm room at training camp, adding that at this point there is no evidence of foul play. A member of the coroner’s office said that an investigation is ongoing.

We extend our deepest condolences to Coach Reid, his family, the players, the coaches, and all members of the Eagles organization.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/05/garrett-reid-found-dead-at-eagles-training-camp/

Guess he was there at camp.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Is it just me, or does Nick Caserio (Patriots director of player personnel) look like he's related to Jon Hamm?

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/20120805/48fe7a_05caserio.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/030512_jonhamm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
They all look alike to you, don't they?
[quote="squicken, post: 40643058"]ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

What is going on?

edit: Reid's son died. The one with the drug issues[/QUOTE]
That sucks. :(

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
That sucks for Andy Reid. Didn't his same son go missing a few years ago, off on some drug binge and Reid had to take some time off to deal with it?

Godslay

Banned

It shouldn't be much of a surprise. Tebow has never been a good practice player. He's the definition of a gamer, and practice doesn't allow much in terms of ad-lib. It's ingrained in him. I recently heard that he is taking off and running in 7 vs 7. Doesn't seem significant, besides the fact that he is not likely to see pressure in 7 vs 7, and is basically designed to let the QB throw against a secondary.

That has to be tough on Reid, I can't imagine losing a kid. It never seems natural when kids go before their parents.

Narag

What is going on?

edit: Reid's son died. The one with the drug issues

Terrible news.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
He could probably step down... I remember when his sons went through that stuff before. He took it very bad. He blamed himself a lot before. Hopefully his other son learns from this and tries to change

squicken

I know Giants fans have asked about him so an update on Steve Smith:

They have moved him outside. Amendola is entrenched as the starter in the slot. Right now he is playing with the first team, but the two rookies are both outside guys and would hopefully supplant him. The thing is reports are that he is playing well and looks as fast as he ever was. But they just have so many slot guys, and I'm not sure Smith can play special teams. He'll make the team as long as he can demonstrate an ability to be at least a backup outside WR

Top Bottom