• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Wrayfield

Apparently, the NFL cannot afford a mike that reaches 9 foot Willie Roaf. Dude's gonna have a back ache after that speech.

Slo, WTF, you Dutch?! :)

Slo

Apparently, the NFL cannot afford a mike that reaches 9 foot Willie Roaf. Dude's gonna have a back ache after that speech.

Slo, WTF, you Dutch?! :)

Yes, I'm part Dutch. And yes, I'm drinking. It's fucking Saturday, Frenchy. That's how we live in America. USA! USA! USA!

Wrayfield

Yes, I'm part Dutch. And yes, I'm drinking. It's fucking Saturday, Frenchy. That's how we live in America. USA! USA! USA!

Rock on, son. Make me proud and wake up with a splitting headache like I did this morning :). Fucking Canadians...

Fantomex

I can see why most internationals are pats.(broad generalization) The pats have been the most visible organization for the last 10 years. Winners of Super-bowls*, poster boy QB, famous international wife of QB, and likable players that look European. Gronk, Brady, Welker, Viniateri etc. it's like when us yanks are looking for a footy team it's almost always Man Utd or Arsenal.

But the obvious reason is they're all front runners. None of them like rooted for the Patriots when Tony Eason was quarterback. They were too busy calling the sport "that game with the walnut ball"

(insert the lies about how you've been liking the Patriots since 1980 here)

squicken

Santonio Holmes broke a rib on a hard hit by, of all people, Antonio Cromartie. He finally hits someone and its his own guy

Rex said you could see the bone sticking out. Don't know if it pierced the skin or just was noticeable under it.

Santonio Holmes broke a rib on a hard hit by, of all people, Antonio Cromartie. He finally hits someone and its his own guy

Rex said you could see the bone sticking out. Don't know if it pierced the skin or just was noticeable under it.

Cro is now #1 on the Jets WR depth chart.

And eww at the bone sticking out.

MechDX

How much was the hit worth moneywise Rex put on Santonio?

Fantomex

All I can think about is that arm wrestling scene in The Fly. Ewwwwww.

Nightz

lol, Cro wanted to move up on the WR depth chart.

Fantomex

I dont know why anyone would follow the LOLphins.

Cuz our cheerleaders aren't racist bro :)

caitlin11.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Damn. That sounds like a season ender if true. Who will Tebow throw it to?

squicken

Bradford is back: As a rookie, Sam Bradford had the look of an elite quarterback. Then-offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur had him working three-step drops and quick five-step throws, and Bradford completed 60 percent of his passes for 3,512 yards. Josh McDaniels, last year's coordinator, destroyed that. In one of the most baffling offensive changes in years, McDaniels had Bradford work out of seven-step drops and five-step throws to 15- to 18-yard routes. The Rams couldn't block it. Receivers weren't good enough to get open. Bradford was battered physically and lasted only 10 games. His completion percentage fell to 53 percent, and the offense averaged only 12.1 points a game. McDaniels' departure alone should be worth six points a game. A revitalized Bradford and the hiring of Brian Schottenheimer could be worth more. Bradford looks great. He has lifted weights in the offseason and is bigger and stronger. He finished last season at 216 pounds. Now, he's 225 and throwing with authority. Schottenheimer is adding more motion to the offense with his receivers to confuse defenses. A smarter offensive scheme should mean better quarterback play for the Rams

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp.../nfl-observations-st-louis-rams-training-camp

Wrayfield

Prolly stumbled into him when trying to avoid contact. Also, a paper cut is a one foot katana gash in Rex's vocabulary.

squicken

Damn. That sounds like a season ender if true. Who will Tebow throw it to?

Holmes would have just bitched when they went to Timmy. Sanchez will look bad w/ no one to throw to, clearing the way for Tebow.

fwiw Bradford was never great his rookie year, but both Mark Clayton and Donnie Avery had blown out their knees by Week 1 (injuries so bad they knocked Clayton out of the league and took Avery two years to recover from). All they had at WR was Amendola. They couldn't protect either, and given the circumstances, I think he had a good year. Last year he massively regressed, and even today, was still whining about his ankle.

They still can't block and he's already seeding excuses. Not a good combo

Godslay

Banned
Have any of bellichicks disciples had real success in the nfl? I think he might have the same curse all of Greg Poppovich assistants do.

I think pretty much all the apples that fell off of that tree have been rotten.

Went to the grocery store earlier and saw a Stokley Broncos jersey. I've seen another one once in my life and it was in a sports store. Rare indeed.

Damn Machida knockout.

I'm so sick of Louis Delmas's vagina bleeding. Guy has been more plagued by injury than Stafford. I just want a healthy and talented DB! Its all I ask for!!

On a side note, 3rd round pick and CB Dwight "Bill" Benteley has apparantly been getting rave reviews from the coaching staff and media and is fighting for a starting spot opposite Chris Houston (to fill the vacancy of Eric Wright (lol Bucs one bad offseason move)). I know its just training camp and we can't read into anything until we see them in action, but I'm estatic to hear this. Can't wait to see Benteley in action against Old man Weeden and his high school receivers next Friday

Ha man thats crazy. tebow to Stephen Hill the new demaryius thomas............

squicken

So glad to see Cortez Kennedy make it in today.

Yeah he was amazing. Glad he got in. Played on some real bad teams for an obscure franchise, but was dominant.

Heard the story on Parcells not getting in was that the room was split East Coast/West Coast on he vs Eddie DeBartolo. Since there's no chance for more than one non-player to make it in a given year, those two guys actually got the most discussion. Same thing happens with WRs. Each guy has a backing in the room, but they keep cancelling each other out

brentech

i want the full .gif where sanchez tries to be a tough guy after that and gets bitched even worse
ESPN E60 had a story of some little kid and his make a wish with Sanchez.
It showed Sanchez showing the kid how to run routers and when he was explaining getting off the line I just couldn't resist cracking up because of that.

I wish the kid would have said something, it would have been golden.

JABEE

This speech is messed up. What the hell, Curtis Martin?! :(

It sound like he only played football for the money and to get out of the situation he was in.

This speech is messed up. What the hell, Curtis Martin?! :(

It sound like he only played football for the money and to get out of the situation he was in.

Whats wrong with that? You can be skilled at something and not totally in love with it. Its a job.

Top Bottom