• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

He probably eats more feet
rex-feet-time-copy.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Dude those Retro Steelers Jerseys are a fucking eye sore

The cuts to fans wearing them during HOF induction on ESPN was ridiculous

Looked like convicts escaped the line, just horrible

Not hating Steelers-Age.. but come the fuck on... your fanbase looks so bad with them on, that + the terrible towel yellow neon combo looks like someone ate a yellow pineapple ice cream in a waffle cone and spit it back all out

Always look like this:

JZB7Q.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Dude those Retro Steelers Jerseys are a fucking eye sore

The cuts to fans wearing them during HOF induction on ESPN was ridiculous

Looked like convicts escaped the line, just horrible

Not hating Steelers-Age.. but come the fuck on... your fanbase looks so bad with them on, that + the terrible towel yellow neon combo looks like someone ate a yellow pineapple ice cream in a waffle cone and spit it back all out

Always look like this:

JZB7Q.jpg

Many former Jerseys are horrible in one way or another, its funny someone somewhere looked at the design and said ya know this works send it to the factory to get a order done for the team.

bionic77

they played closer than the steelers played against alex smith
We were banged up against the Niners and they have a real defense.

Again we beat the shit out of your team. If we couldn't beat the Niners who are led by a dbag coach and small handed qb what does that say about the Pats?

When the Pats can stay within 10 yards of one of our receivers or stop us on 3rd down then I give you permission to talk shit.

We were banged up against the Niners and they have a real defense.

Again we beat the shit out of your team. If we couldn't beat the Niners who are led by a dbag coach and small handed qb what does that say about the Pats?

When the Pats can stay within 10 yards of one of our receivers or stop us on 3rd down then I give you permission to talk shit.

The defense was stopping been late in the 4th.It was winnable for the Pats.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sanchez-delivers-tebow-sputters-jets-014429458--nfl.html

CORTLAND, N.Y. (AP) -- Judging from the frequent chants and cheers, Tim Tebow was clearly the most popular guy in the stadium.

The New York Jets' backup quarterback, though, was hardly the best player on the field.

While Mark Sanchez led the Jets on an impressive touchdown drive, Tebow mostly sputtered during the team's intrasquad scrimmage Saturday night.

''Didn't get too many passes off today,'' Tebow said. ''I felt like when I threw them, I threw them pretty accurately. It felt like we made some pretty good plays overall as an offense. We're going against a really good defense. Overall, I think it was a good day. We had fun out there.''

Sanchez and Tebow each led four drives Saturday night at Cortland Stadium, with the starting quarterback going 11 of 16 for 82 yards and a scoring toss to Bilal Powell. The touchdown capped an impressive 60-yard drive for the Jets (No. 17 in the AP Pro32).

''There were ups and downs,'' Sanchez said. ''From an offensive perspective, I thought the tempo was great. We were in and out of the huddle. There were a couple of penalties and a fumble, but no interceptions from the quarterbacks, so that's a positive.''

Tebow - serenaded by ''Tee-bow! Tee-bow!'' chants throughout - was 1 of 4, with the completion coming on a fake punt. He also threw a long pass that Dexter Jackson just missed, and another that Eron Riley dropped.

I for one am SHOCKED at this.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I for one am SHOCKED at this.

Your avatar pic, you feel so strange right now

STRANGER DANGER!

does time warner not get nfl network?

That is true

NFLN wants to be built in like ESPN, TWC wants them to go the Season Pass route
They have NBAtv setup that way, no access, buy season pass, you get it, if I remember correctly

Every sports out there wants the ESPN money pie, but no way ESPN letting go any of that slice
I think your cable bill for Disney owned channels alone is roughly $30+ on your bill

squicken

Milchjon

I can see why most internationals are pats.(broad generalization) The pats have been the most visible organization for the last 10 years. Winners of Super-bowls*, poster boy QB, famous international wife of QB, and likable players that look European. Gronk, Brady, Welker, Viniateri etc. it's like when us yanks are looking for a footy team it's almost always Man Utd or Arsenal.

But the obvious reason is they're all front runners. None of them like rooted for the Patriots when Tony Eason was quarterback. They were too busy calling the sport "that game with the walnut ball"

(insert the lies about how you've been liking the Patriots since 1980 here)

I know this sounds silly and I'm repeating it way too often, but my love for NE precedes my love for the Pats by about 10 years. Sports allegiances are pretty arbitrary if you don't live in the country, so I'd say lighthouses, rocky cliffs and foliage are as good a reason as any.

Visibility isn't as much of a factor anymore due to the internet, actually.
There are some Steelers Bandwagoners around me, though.

I don't think many of them were born before 1980 :).

True.

We missed each other by a few years, I think he's somewhere in Bavaria where I used to live, now Frankfurt is pretty nice but it ain't Munich.

We have Americans, Europeans and alligators, very international indeed.

Not anymore, and I miss it too. But I should be moving to Hamburg soon. Looking forward to it.

Randy Moss had his best practice of training camp. He beat Tarell Brown twice in one-on-one drills. The first time he turned Brown around on a double move, and the second time he beat Brown deep down the middle of the field but Alex Smith overthrew the pass

-_- it begins

JABEE

wait until he has a temper tantrum

He'll have one good season though. He'll break the single season Touchdown record and the team will go undefeated until the Super Bowl where they will lose to the Giants. Good news for FMT is that the Giants aren't in the AFC. Niners Super Bowl Confirmed.

It is. And we judge all these QBs and call them shitty. Not that Alex Smith, Blaine Gabbert, David Carr, or Colt McCoy would have been Peyton Manning. But look who they had to throw to.

The only "elite" QB that came into the league throwing to bad WRs was Tom Brady, and it's not like he was the same guy he is now. He had a sub 7.0 YPA his first 4 years in the league

Mcnabb.

cajunator

Banned
So with Tracy Porter gone and Greer out for this preseason game, Whoever starts at QB for the Cardinals should have no trouble passing all over Saints D in this game. On the upside, the LB corps is improved somewhat, although how much is to be seen. Seeing how the DLine develops without Will SMith in there will be interesting.
Offense I'm not worried about.

Wrayfield

Told you Ryan's Foot and Mouth disease always exaggerates stuff. Next up, I predict he tells us how tough Santonio is, pushed the rib right back in and continued.

Catching up on news in the morning... how can you tear both your patellas at the same time? That sucks...

So with Tracy Porter gone and Greer out for this preseason game, Whoever starts at QB for the Cardinals should have no trouble passing all over Saints D in this game. On the upside, the LB corps is improved somewhat, although how much is to be seen. Seeing how the DLine develops without Will SMith in there will be interesting.
Offense I'm not worried about.

Not sure if srs.....i mean you have seen Kolb and Skelton before havn't you?

The Saints D has some major work to do.
I don't watch much of the Cardinals QB's in action though, only when they are playing us pretty much. How bad are they?
Fitz was ready to choke a bitch last year having to work with Kolb and Skelton, Kolb gets injured every second week and can't command a huddle or stay in the pocket and take a hit and while Skelton can do those things he can't hit the side of a barn with his throws.

Also our Wells is still rehabbing a knee and hasn't taken part in training camp while Ryan Willaims is coming back slowly from a season knee injury last pre season. Sigh our offense is gonna be on Browns levels this year.

cajunator

Banned
Fitz was ready to choke a bitch last year having to work with Kolb and Skelton, Kolb gets injured every second week and can't command a huddle or stay in the pocket and take a hit and while Skelton can do those things he can't hit the side of a barn with his throws.

Also our Wells is still rehabbing a knee and hasn't taken part in training camp while Ryan Willaims is coming back slowly from a season knee injury last pre season. Sigh our offense is gonna be on Browns levels this year.

These are the sorts of teams I hate the Saints playing, because they have nothing to lose.

Top Bottom