• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

God King Kong was so bad if it hadnt come with my HDDV drive I wouldnt have every watched it. PJ is adding a lot of stuff to the first 2 Hobbit movies, because like people have said that book isnt close to big enough to support even 2 movies. The dragon is going to have a bigger role and he is going to focus more on the five armies battle. I am excited for the Hobbit movies because I love the ME that PJ has created, but I am not expecting anything close to the books.

Fox318

Found snes

Afbpe.jpg

squicken

Nothing at all

Nothing at all

NOTHING AT ALL

It's funny b/c most camps all you are are postives. I don't know if the media are just piling on but it sounds awful in JAX. It's not just the national people. Local press are bad mouthing them. Get the feeling there isn't a lot of trust with Kahn

Mularkey said of the receivers, “We’ve got to do a better job. We’ve got to make more catches. We’ve had plenty of opportunities to make some catches down the field, and we’ve got to make them. It’s hard to get the ball deep and accurate and catchable and then not make them. We need to start doing that [making them]. One thing that’s come out of the first couple of days is that we’re not making the plays that are there.”

It doesn’t help that rookie Justin Blackmon, their top draft pick, is holding out. But veteran receiver Laurent Robinson, who signed a five-year, $32.5 million free agent deal, has yet to get in a groove.

“He’s got to make some plays. Maybe he’s pressing. I’m not sure,” Mularkey said of Robinson.

“I know he knows it [that he’s got to make more plays]. Heck, he’s been around the league a long time, and he knows he’s got make a play. Sometimes, you press. He’ll come around. ... All he has to do is make one, and they’ll come in bunches.”

Mularkey: Lewis must adjust to weather

Tight end Marcedes Lewis made some good catches Saturday, but Mularkey said Lewis has to get in better shape.

“When you don’t train here in the heat, he lives out in California, and it’s going to take him a little bit to acclimate to this kind of weather,” Mularkey said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/foot...ke-mularkey-says-receivers-must#ixzz227rh3l5g

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Mike Mularkey thinks Laurent Robinson has been pressing and will hit a stride soon. Still dropping passes today.

Vito Stellino ‏@vitostellino
Mularkey says all scrambles due to blaine taught not to force throws.

Vito Stellino ‏@vitostellino
Practice ends with runs so. Gabbert ends with 1 completion last 12. Passing snaps.

"Jaguars training camp is off to a brutal start. One development that could spark the team would be a big second-year leap from quarterback Blaine Gabbert. But if Monday’s training camp display was any indication, Gabbert isn’t yet ready to deliver.

According to Vito Stellino of the Florida Times Union, Gabbert executed just one completion among 12 passing snaps in Monday’s morning practice. He scrambled seven or eight times. The remainder of Gabbert’s dozen passing plays fell incomplete. Mularkey explained away Gabbert’s tendency to scramble as a product of coaching. As relayed by Stellino, Gabbert is “taught not to force throws.”

If that scene bothered you I really hope you are not a Marvel movie fan cause GotG is going to drive you nuts.

I've never read any comic books really. I'll watch some of the movies for lighthearted summer entertainment though. Most of them are lighthearted unike the LOTR universe, though. I just couldnt wrap my head around that scene in such a self-serious movie. I was young though

I dont know what GotG stands for, not trying to be "cool". Green Goblin?

I've never read any comic books really. I'll watch some of the movies for lighthearted summer entertainment though. Most of them are lighthearted unike the LOTR universe, though. I just couldnt wrap my head around that scene in such a self-serious movie. I was young though

I dont know what GotG stands for, not trying to be "cool". Green Goblin?

It is an upcoming Marvel movie that has a tree that walks and talks as part of the group.

bionic77

I wonder if Tom says that about Ben's rookie year? "Thanks fatty. Thanks for being so out of shape and gassed by the AFC championship game you neatly handed a joke like me a free ride to the Superbowl and my official 'dynasty'. I'm going to be in the Hall of Fame one day and it's all thanks to Ben Roethlesburger and the Pittsburgh Steelers."
Nah I am pretty sure Tom was thankful for Belicheat's cameras so he could avoid being humiliated by a rookie, who was previously undefeated and beat the shit out of the Pats in the regular season.

Too much football.

Why the hell is the Hobbit getting stretched into a trilogy?
There is this recent invention called money. I know you get by mostly trading hogs for books or whatever the fuck you guys do in Ohio, but in some other parts of Merica instead of bartering we rely on cash money to get our iPhones and the other essential things we can't live without (for GAF this would be videogames, Mountain Dew, internet connection, computer and the fleshlight).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's funny b/c most camps all you are are postives. I don't know if the media are just piling on but it sounds awful in JAX. It's not just the national people. Local press are bad mouthing them. Get the feeling there isn't a lot of trust with Kahn

I'm just "glad" to see the media shit on someone other than Cleveland this offseason.

I told y'all Cleveland wouldn't be the worst team this season. 1-15 my ass.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Raiders coaching staff hopes enforcing discipline at camp will result in less penalties:

NAPA – There's a new regime, but an old problem still lingers when it comes to the Raiders.

Penalties. A lot of penalties.

The Raiders begin training camp today at the Napa Valley Marriott for the first time without late owner Al Davis watching. There's a new general manager, Reggie McKenzie, and head coach, Dennis Allen.

And as seems to be the case every offseason, the Raiders are talking about penalties and how to limit them after being flagged at a record pace in the 2011 season.

The Raiders set NFL records with 163 penalties for 1,358 yards, surpassing the marks set by the 1998 Kansas City Chiefs of 158 penalties for 1,304 yards.

After a season in which the Raiders missed the playoffs by losing their season finale, players can look back at plenty of moments where penalties might have made the difference.

So as the Raiders begin the 2012 season, discipline is once again key. To that end, punctuality for meetings is expected. Players even have to sign in for meals. The coaches hope that focusing early on little things will carry over.

"Just knowing where to be and where to be at the right time and being there on time, that's one main thing for us," said Raiders running back Darren McFadden. "And I feel by tightening down a lot of things, that's going to help the guys and that's going to translate on to the playing fields."

Allen said it's essential for players to police each other in order to change a culture where false starts and personal fouls have become too common.

"At the end of the day, change is going to come because people decide to change," Allen said. "We might have a change in philosophy or a change in ideas, but if people don't change their actions, if you keep doing the same thing over and over again, you'll keep getting the same results."

The Raiders, who haven't been better than a .500 team since 2002, need more players to be accountable on and off the field. Allen noted that the best teams in the NFL have "great team leadership" among the players.

Leadership and discipline haven't been associated with the Raiders in recent seasons. Neither has been players correcting each other.

"In my few years here, I've heard a little bit, guys jumping on guys for making penalties or stupid mistakes," McFadden said. "But I don't feel like you've heard it a lot like some teams, they have guys that will really jump down your throat. I don't think we've had anyone that's done that."

Defensive tackle Richard Seymour said more rules shouldn't be a problem if players are responsible.

"We're all grown men and we should all know how to follow the rules," Seymour said. "I don't think that's a big adjustment if that's who you are. That's who you should be anyway."

Allen said referees are scheduled to attend three practices during camp to monitor penalties. That's not unusual, either.

Ultimately, the players have to want to change.

"It's got to come from within yourself," McFadden said. "… Just guys being more mentally prepared and going out there and knowing what to do (will help). I feel like if you know what to do, and knowing your job, you're not going to be as hesitant, as tempted to jump offside or something."

Nah I am pretty sure Tom was thankful for Belicheat's cameras so he could avoid being humiliated by a rookie, who was previously undefeated and beat the shit out of the Pats in the regular season.

2001 and 2004, all the Steelers fault! And you can't blame the cheating here, the Steelers have the most crooked ownership in the history of football, all the Pats did was beat you at your own game.

LWwoT.jpg

The 2001 and 2004 Steelers, the biggest MVP's for the other team since Neal O'Donnell.

beast786

The bears nation and Chicago people are really hyped for bears this season. Complete different from expectation last year.

The bears nation and Chicago people are really hyped for bears this season. Complete different from expectation last year.

My personal opinion is that the only thing holding them back from a deep run are injuries. If they stay healthy they will be a dangerous team.

eznark

Banned
My personal opinion is that the only thing holding them back from a deep run are injuries. If they stay healthy they will be a dangerous team.

That and still being the third best team in their division. It just so happens that they could finish third and be a top five team in football.

squicken

That and still being the third best team in their division. It just so happens that they could finish third and be a top five team in football.

I wouldn't predict the Lions having trouble, but I think their floor is lower than the Bears.

eznark

Banned
Rodgers thinks this year's team will be better than the 15-1 team last year.

They lost no one important (they also didn't get back the biggest missing piece, Collins) and added a salty, veteran center! Of course they'll be better.

Their record won't be though.

Top Bottom