• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

squicken

Amazing how shit went their way, injuries and awful play by the rest of the AFC, and they still won't make it.

At Indy and SEA at home are the only games you should be dogs. If they don't make a run it would be pretty lame. Set up perfectly for them

Fox318

Jest season dies this Thursday.

Freaking Rams let us all down. Another week without Tebow. Another week America suffers. How long will this national nightmare last?

ibq6M2lcSfBT0p.gif

Do the Bears have a chance tomorrow?

There's always a chance. I wouldn't have thought the Steelers would have kept it so close tonight but they did. The Bears need great effort by their D, some great ST play... and they need to tackle the other team's punt returner. That seems to be pretty important.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The news about Gronk is pretty awful, the reason he's been blowing up the past few weeks is he's finally gotten healthy. Hopefully he can recover fast and get back into the offense before the playoffs start. Also can only hope Aaron finds some way to get back on the field... really going to need him during this stretch.

squicken

This will seem like trolling but I'm genuinely curious. The only two plays from Griffin I saw were the two deep balls. One to a wide open WR and another that was an awful decision that Moss bailed him out on. A 61 yard pass and the other 49 yards. So 2/2 for 110 yards.

The rest: 12/13 for 90 yards. That's a 6.9 YPA which isn't bad at all, but by completing all but 1 pass it means he wasn't throwing it more than 5 or so yards in the air on any play. What were they doing?

The news about Gronk is pretty awful, the reason he's been blowing up the past few weeks is he's finally gotten healthy. Hopefully he can recover fast and get back into the offense before the playoffs start. Also can only hope Aaron finds some way to get back on the field... really going to need him during this stretch.

According to ESPN, Hernandez may play Thursday

i was on the road most of the day so i missed the day games but i am even more ashamed of our tie with the rams after seeing they got stomped out by a god awful jets team. fucking niners.... ridiculous

Afrikan

http://i.minus.com/i0W7RUfHnDVG5.jpg[/IMG

Cover 0. Really looking forward to seeing coaches tape. Have to beat that somehow[/QUOTE]

wish teams would stop worrying about "backlash" or what ever and hit up T.O.

you leave him alone one on one with the majority of DBs in this league and he will get pass them still. As far as his drops in preseason, that was his first action for a while...i don't know why some didn't expect him to be alittle rusty in real game situations. He was still able to beat the defenses deep in those games.

squicken

And I thought the Fins had WR problems!

some talk that the Jets knew the plays. hard to tell but at least on the awful INT there was a guy to throw to. just a bad game. jets zone blitz got free rushers constantly. bradford totally psyched out by coverage and got happy feet from hits

fox I like you and you can talk all the trash you want, but don't disappear for two weeks as your team shits the bed and then show up the week they win with image macros

Fox318

some talk that the Jets knew the plays. hard to tell but at least on the awful INT there was a guy to throw to. just a bad game. jets zone blitz got free rushers constantly. bradford totally psyched out by coverage and got happy feet from hits

fox I like you and you can talk all the trash you want, but don't disappear for two weeks as your team shits the bed and then show up the week they win with image macros

I had alot of work :(

Besides we all know that the Jets are probably going to crash and burn in a trainwreck that will get the GM fired.

Unless it was the owner whoever ordered the Tebow trade will face dire consequences.

Would have been nice to trade up to the second with those picks to get a OLineman.

squicken

I had alot of work :(

Besides we all know that the Jets are probably going to crash and burn in a trainwreck that will get the GM fired.

Unless it was the owner whoever ordered the Tebow trade will face dire consequences.

Would have been nice to trade up to the second with those picks to get a OLineman.

That's cool. The Rams suck and Sanchez took advantage of what was there. I'd say that Tebow couldn't possibly look worse than he does right now. By the end of the game I don't know if he was even coming in at all.

Talked to a couple Jets fans on Twitter and I guess Sanchez has a cap hit of $17m next year, so no choice but to play him. But they can also build up everything else for the next guy

Fox318

That's cool. The Rams suck and Sanchez took advantage of what was there. I'd say that Tebow couldn't possibly look worse than he does right now. By the end of the game I don't know if he was even coming in at all.

Talked to a couple Jets fans on Twitter and I guess Sanchez has a cap hit of $17m next year, so no choice but to play him. But they can also build up everything else for the next guy

After 2013 the Jets will have a lot of room if they want to cut him. He is guaranteed in the years to follow 4.8 mil, 3.2 mil, and 1.6 mil. They would eat some cash but if they really wanted to move on from him after next year they could do it.

Jets Needs
  1. Offensive Line
  2. Running Back who can catch
  3. Pass Rush
  4. Saftey
  5. Tight End (Unless Hayden Smith shows great progress in the next training camp)
  6. Punter
  7. Special teams(That really depends on who replaces Westoff)

Important transactions
  1. Revis deal?
  2. Resign Dustin Keller?
  3. Mike Devito needs to be resigned
  4. Do they take a risk with Landry or Bell?

Important cuts
  1. Bart Scott
  2. Calvin Pace
  3. Jason Smith
  4. Eric Smith

squicken

Important transactions
  1. Revis deal?
  2. Resign Dustin Keller?
  3. Mike Devito needs to be resigned
  4. Do they take a risk with Landry or Bell?
[/LIST]

Revis is tough, but I think they have to trade him. Are they contenders next year? Or in 2014? If they are blowing it up, he has to go too. Surely he can fetch a good haul. Rex is a really good defensive coach. If he's on the market whoever lands him will be getting a great defensive coordinator

And you were right on Schotty. Jets showed a lot of blitzes but mostly backed out or used zone blitzes to keep Amendola out of the middle. The LBs would bail to the outsides to stop all the quick passes. The intermediate stuff should have been there but there's no way to tell from TV broadcasts

The Rams gave up on the run for no reason, and some play action to slow down those LBs in coverage would have really opened things up. The Rams had almost as many yards rushing as the Jets w/ half the attempts. Too smart for their own good

Fox318

Revis is tough, but I think they have to trade him. Are they contenders next year? Or in 2014? If they are blowing it up, he has to go too. Surely he can fetch a good haul. Rex is a really good defensive coach. If he's on the market whoever lands him will be getting a great defensive coordinator

And you were right on Schotty. Jets showed a lot of blitzes but mostly backed out or used zone blitzes to keep Amendola out of the middle. The LBs would bail to the outsides to stop all the quick passes. The intermediate stuff should have been there but there's no way to tell from TV broadcasts

The Rams gave up on the run for no reason, and some play action to slow down those LBs in coverage would have really opened things up. The Rams had almost as many yards rushing as the Jets w/ half the attempts. Too smart for their own good

Rex values Revis above almost everyone else on the field. His ability to work with 10 men while Revis locks down a receiver really helps his system.

That being said he is going to cost a lot of money and I have no idea where the Jets would get that kind of cash with the needs that they have.

What kind of deal would the Jets even be able to get for Revis?I don't think any team would even give them an offer to equal his skills now.

Look for the Jets to sign Stephen Jackson to fill the veteran RB role. Tanny won't invest in a RB unless its a gamechanger.

Revis is toxic. Any player that pulls down record money and then mulls the thought of holding out for even more isn't good to have around.

It's tempting when the player is obviously the best at their position but its hard to justify levying the rest of your team to make your superstar happy.

Fuuuuuuu, we can't lose Gronk.

I think the Patriots learned a lot from the Gronk injury last year, they didn't have somebody to fill his role back then, now they have Hamamamanamooiie (Or something like that) and Fells. Of course they can't catch like the Gronk and they sure as hell can't block like him, but the Patriots can fix the passing game with Gronk out, even more Edelman and Welkah, and maybe Hernando comes back again Thursday. Plus Gronk's back/hip have been bothering him all season, maybe the 4-6 week break gives him enough time to get completely healthy.

It still sucks massive balls, but unfortunatelly it is what it is.

eznark

Banned
28 rushing attempts, 27 passing attempts. Against that fucking decimated secondary.

That tells you all you need to know about what other teams think of Overrated Suh.

Not much to say about last night's game. Steelers gave one away. If Leftwich was injured to the point he couldn't make the throws he should've been taken out.

cajunator

Banned
Not much to say about last night's game. Steelers gave one away. If Leftwich was injured to the point he couldn't make the throws he should've been taken out.

Been up since 11:00 am the previous day, then went to LSU home game in Baton Rouge, rushed back to work at 8 PM, worked 10 hours, went to church at 8 AM Sunday, then to the mall to wait for the WiiU release, then back home to set it up and then to my parents home to watch football all day. Finally fell asleep during the Steelers/Ravens game but only after watching Leftwich throw 50 million mile an hour incompletions to absolutely nobody and Elite Flacco doing not so elite things.

Blarry, whenever you're ready to give me that avatar btw.

Been up since 11:00 am the previous day, then went to LSU home game in Baton Rouge, rushed back to work at 8 PM, worked 10 hours, went to church at 8 AM Sunday, then to the mall to wait for the WiiU release, then back home to set it up and then to my parents home to watch football all day. Finally fell asleep during the Steelers/Ravens game but only after watching Leftwich throw 50 million mile an hour incompletions to absolutely nobody and Elite Flacco doing not so elite things.

Yeah, the Wii U (and my leaky toilet) had me hella distracted yesterday. During most of the game I was lifting off the bowl to find the problem or dicking around with the gamepad. I never even got to play the two games I bought (Zombi U and COD) because it was 3 AM by the time I was finished.

For those who care - the wax ring separated from the bowl. I installed that thing over a year ago and it decides to give me problems yesterday of all days.

Smokey

So in back to back weeks the Texans showed they could beat the sorry Bears in the elements and win a low scoring game. And then the next week slang it around and put up crazy numbers in the passing game.

The Texans secondary was so bad yesterday. It was like they decided as a collective group to take the day off. To be fair...they were facing Gabbert. Until Henne da God came in and started slanging like Brees. Really think that caught them off guard how competent he was (in comparison to Gabbert). Then those long TD passes by Gator's Jags could have been stopped, but instead piss poor tackling makes the completion far better than it should be. Really thought they were going to tie or get a L. After showing the Bears that they do in fact suck, and facing the Lions on Turkey day, this was a perfect trap game. They'll probably lose tho on Thursday...that game took way too much out of them.

On the other side it was good to see the Texans slang it around. They have not been down like that all season so to see them open it up was refreshing. Schaub with 527 yards and 5 TDs was sweet. Same with AJ's 273 yards. If this was done by a team on the east coast ESPN and all other networks would be mentioning it like crazy.

Also: Fire the Special Teams coach

Karma. Get some. Bears 2.0 coming for you Dec 10th.

Top Bottom